Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD
🔥 Exciting News! 🔥 Artec Industries unveils the Alpha Series Bellypan System - top-tier off-road protection, uniquely customizable to your adventurous needs!
✔Forged from heat-treated 6061 aluminum for unmatched strength ✔Rigorously tested to withstand the toughest terrains ✔1/4" thick aluminum skids reinforced with zinc-plated steel brackets for unbeatable durability
Installation? Easier than you think! Perfect fitment, user-friendly instructions, and factory component compatibility ensure a hassle-free setup.
Customize as per your needs - from Full Bellypan System to modular options like Oil & Transmission Pan, Fuel Tank, Transfer Case, Etorque Skid, or Exhaust Skid protection.
Key highlights:
  1. Heat Treated 6061 Aluminum for robust and lightweight protection
  2. Easy DIY installation
  3. Affordable options to suit your budget
Dive headfirst into any terrain, backed by Artec Industries' Alpha Series Bellypan System - your new standard in off-road armor.🛡 Visit our website to explore our latest innovation today! #ArtecIndustries #AlphaSeriesBellypanSystem

MicrosoftTeams-image (31).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (32).jpg
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
How are these different than previous belly pan systems from say 2020 or 2021? Besides the addition of “user friendly instructions” 😂

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Looks like the oil drain is no longer just a cutout, but there's now an access door you have to remove. And im guessing the new skids are now heat treated?

Only difference I can see.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I asked about mine last year. They were T6 last year.
...And im guessing the new skids are now heat treated?

Only difference I can see.
I asked late last year about the heat treat. They were T6 then. They're either hot forming T6 sheet or heat treating after forming condition 0 material.

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
How are these different than previous belly pan systems from say 2020 or 2021? Besides the addition of “user friendly instructions” 😂
In addition to updated designs and bracketry, we are also offering things such as removable doors for the oil drain and the option to purchase the oil skid separately, which is something that has been requested of us since we first started producing JL skids.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
In addition to updated designs and bracketry, we are also offering things such as removable doors for the oil drain and the option to purchase the oil skid separately, which is something that has been requested of us since we first started producing JL skids.
That's good. My installation required cutting the crossover pipe and raising it slightly.

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
Looking forward to the 392 steel oil pan skid. Hope for a better fitment and higher clearance.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have the Artec Aluminum skids (circa 2021) on my JLUR. Installation was a bit tricky on the 2.0, and some of the holes were slightly misaligned. But it is a great skid.

The only minor issue is that at oil change time (using the dealer "free service" the oil hits the skid during draining and pools up at the bottom of the skid - makes a little mess and drips for a few days.

I'm sure if I was doing the oil change myself, I'd avoid it (easy to just put tape around the skid opening.

But for newer buyers, hopefully this new oil drain plug door will solve the issue.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I have the Artec Aluminum skids (circa 2021) on my JLUR. Installation was a bit tricky on the 2.0, and some of the holes were slightly misaligned. But it is a great skid.

The only minor issue is that at oil change time (using the dealer "free service" the oil hits the skid during draining and pools up at the bottom of the skid - makes a little mess and drips for a few days.

I'm sure if I was doing the oil change myself, I'd avoid it (easy to just put tape around the skid opening.

But for newer buyers, hopefully this new oil drain plug door will solve the issue.
I have a ValvoMax drain plug that I forgot to put on before the skids got installed. Now wondering how to best do this without a mess. I also have a couple more dealer free oil changes. Don’t care so much about those changes so much but do hope to make the oil change easier.

I guess I need to get under there and assess the situation. Not sure I understand your tape suggestion?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have a ValvoMax drain plug that I forgot to put on before the skids got installed. Now wondering how to best do this without a mess. I also have a couple more dealer free oil changes. Don’t care so much about those changes so much but do hope to make the oil change easier.

I guess I need to get under there and assess the situation. Not sure I understand your tape suggestion?
It's simple really. Just get some metallic HVAC tape and temporarily place it around the edge of the Artec drain opening - like a lip barrier. The oil stream will hit the barrier and drop, instead of running over the pan.

Off course zero chance of a dealer doing that, but next time I may put the barrier up myself before taking it for the oil change.

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)

We did our best to solve all the minor issues similar to this! When our customers give feedback, we do our best to listen and improve!!!! Thanks!!!
Sponsored