Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I keep hoping to hear more estimated ship dates.

With regard to the email posted a few pages back quoting a production date by end of June... hopefully Jeep has learned their lesson on this one and is being suuuuper cautious. I’d expect that with as little as they’re officially sharing, they better have a high level of confidence before throwing a new date out.

Regarding Erika... I really hope it was just a slap on the wrist. This was basically my fear a few pages back. Jeep has done it over and over again, they’ve proven that they don’t want any of this info getting out and that they’re willing to flex when needed, to pull it back.

I’d say she’s ok and employed, but was threatened with termination and prosecution under terms of her NDA.

Erika, thanks for the help you gave us! Jeep, don’t be jerks to her. She was one of the few good Jeep employees who helped customers.
Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I was hoping that would not happen. I hope she just got a slap on the wrist.
I’m sure that’s all it was , she wasn’t doing anything that Jeep chat is doing ,

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I keep hoping to hear more estimated ship dates.

With regard to the email posted a few pages back quoting a production date by end of June... hopefully Jeep has learned their lesson on this one and is being suuuuper cautious. I’d expect that with as little as they’re officially sharing, they better have a high level of confidence before throwing a new date out.

Regarding Erika... I really hope it was just a slap on the wrist. This was basically my fear a few pages back. Jeep has done it over and over again, they’ve proven that they don’t want any of this info getting out and that they’re willing to flex when needed, to pull it back.

I’d say she’s ok and employed, but was threatened with termination and prosecution under terms of her NDA.

Erika, thanks for the help you gave us! Jeep, don’t be jerks to her. She was one of the few good Jeep employees who helped customers.
That is well said and 100% accurate

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Guys wouldn't it appear a bit shady that FCA would start shipping the Turbos without officially acknowledging the issue and the fix for the issue. Their lack of honesty and transparency throughout is why I couldn't trust them to get a Turbo to me by the end of the month. I couldn't wait indefinitely since I don't have a car. I wanted a Turbo badly and still do. But I couldn't wait and can't afford a $53k mistake with the information FCA is providing.

All that we know of right now is there is(was) a wiring harness issue that apparently caused 20 Jeeps to burn up in storage. There is talk of them being crushed and then the orders cloned. Also talk of a retrofit fix.This info is mostly from insiders that as soon as they let us know anything they are soon gone. There is no news stories regarding what has happened. It's all top secret BS. Yes we all here wanted a Turbo Wrangler badly that's why I waited for 4 months until I cancelled.

I(we) been thru a roller coaster of emotions dealing with this and I(several of us here) have seen start and stops of when were they going to build them for months. Just take with a grain of salt what anyone is telling you on the build progress until you actually see them sitting in KZ.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Guys wouldn't it appear a bit shady that FCA would start shipping the Turbos without officially acknowledging the issue and the fix for the issue. Their lack of honesty and transparency throughout is why I couldn't trust them to get a Turbo to me by the end of the month. I couldn't wait indefinitely since I don't have a car. I wanted a Turbo badly and still do. But I couldn't wait and can't afford a $53k mistake with the information FCA is providing.

All that we know of right now is there is(was) a wiring harness issue that apparently caused 20 Jeeps to burn up in storage. There is talk of them being crushed and then the orders cloned. Also talk of a retrofit fix.This info is mostly from insiders that as soon as they let us know anything they are soon gone. There is no news stories regarding what has happened. It's all top secret BS. Yes we all here wanted a Turbo Wrangler badly that's why I waited for 4 months until I cancelled.

I(we) been thru a roller coaster of emotions dealing with this and I(several of us here) have seen start and stops of when were they going to build them for months. Just take with a grain of salt what anyone is telling you on the build progress until you actually see them sitting in KZ.
I’m use to being let down that’s for sure

Sponsored

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon

I never expected Jeep to publicize any issue involving vehicles they never shipped. It's almost the same as when the JL was in development--I'm sure they fixed many issues with the new design along the way. Had they actually delivered these vehicles than there would have been a recall and they would have had to publicize it. All of us in this thread have our eyes glued to this issue--but no one else does. I'm sure the sales/marketing group has zero interest in having this go viral. I agree with others on this thread that just want realistic ship dates--everyone deserves that.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I just chatted with Erika, she says shes OK.

Looks like NM Original is going to miss out on this value add I just gave the forum. I remeber the post he ignored me over, it wasnt anything trollish at all. Dude has issues.

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
I never expected Jeep to publicize any issue involving vehicles they never shipped. It's almost the same as when the JL was in development--I'm sure they fixed many issues with the new design along the way. Had they actually delivered these vehicles than there would have been a recall and they would have had to publicize it. All of us in this thread have our eyes glued to this issue--but no one else does. I'm sure the sales/marketing group has zero interest in having this go viral. I agree with others on this thread that just want realistic ship dates--everyone deserves that.
A Turbo wide "in house recall" that caused 20 Jeeps to burn up doesn't deserve something from FCA acknowledging the issue and the fix? This is far different fixing production issues. This is dealing with a recall on all the Turbos before one was even shipped. Like I said I sit built in JS for 5 weeks with no indication of shipping and 3 weeks after sitting in JS there is a large fire involving 20 Jeeps in storage. 2 weeks later they recall all the Jeeps. A realistic build and ship should be updated by FCA and what was done to fix the issue to bring back confidence in the electrical system design; will they...

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
That would make me happy and more patient

Sponsored

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
A Turbo wide "in house recall" that caused 20 Jeeps to burn up doesn't deserve something from FCA acknowledging the issue and the fix? This is far different fixing production issues. This is dealing with a recall on all the Turbos before one was even shipped. Like I said I sit built in JS for 5 weeks with no indication of shipping and 3 weeks after sitting in JS there is a large fire involving 20 Jeeps in storage. 2 weeks later they recall all the Jeeps. A realistic build and ship should be updated by FCA and what was done to fix the issue to bring back confidence in the electrical system design; will they...
What you are claiming may well have happened, but is speculation.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly where is @JeepCares in the midst of any of this crap? Not a single comment?

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
I agree with everyone else here in wishing Erika well, and thanks.
When she started being spammed by everyone, it was pretty clear ( to anyone on these forums paying attention ) she would not last long. Jeep has been very, VERY careful what info they allow to get out. Really, you think it is just poor performance that the people they pay to assist us do not supply us with actual information? Do you think that Jeep has no idea that we are given bad information? They are very serious about keeping their manufacturing information close to their chest. And, they have good reason to.
[ I am sure the people we talk to, chat with, email are very nice, but they are not given the information or systems to give us the answers we are looking for. Though, I do suspect some of the services are handled by Artificial Intelligence customer service programs ]

Oh, if you take exception to my use of the word spamming, take a look at Drillionaire's Redit account, people are still posting VINs to it. I like this forum, but sometimes it is like being on a tour with a bunch of tourists who have no clue, no manners, and no sense of where they are - what they do have is a sense of entitlement.

Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intent. It was just to get some people to stop and think before they exercise their entitlement and to think about the effects of their actions.

As you can probably tell, I am not optimistic.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
They are very serious about keeping their manufacturing information close to their chest.
Yet their unofficial “Jeep Plant Toledo Ohio” Facebook page is blasted with obscenities, full of in plant photos, people taking selfies sitting in production vehicles, videos while driving them etc..........
Sponsored