Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just had mine done last week. We had some issues with them putting rubicon on the headrest. Apparently it’s a copyright issue and they have to mail it to mopar and they do the stitching. It looks different from factory but I’m done complaining to the dealership. I’m not super happy with the install, it just doesn’t seem tight enough compared to factory. The upper panels on the outside seem loose. I did get it for free but I’d rather have factory leather.
Any pics of the complete set and the issue areas?
Sponsored

No Bamboozle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2005 BMW M3
Did my interior with Katzkin through Mopar. Red leather, red stiching, and red stitched Rubicon logo.
It's super soft and nice! Only thing I don't like is the strange fold near where the adjuster handles are. You can see it in my first picture.

Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather for JL Wrangler {filename}

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
Did my interior with Katzkin through Mopar. Red leather, red stiching, and red stitched Rubicon logo.
It's super soft and nice! Only thing I don't like is the strange fold near where the adjuster handles are. You can see it in my first picture.
pics are not showing

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Occupation
Application engineer
Any pics of the complete set and the issue areas?
Bottoms are fine, you can see the wrinkles. In my opinion this looks like it is aftermarket. Maybe knit picking but when you spend almost 50k and they say it’s factory leather you want it like factory

Sponsored

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Bottoms are fine, you can see the wrinkles. In my opinion this looks like it is aftermarket. Maybe knit picking but when you spend almost 50k and they say it’s factory leather you want it like factory

I totally agree I’ve noticed that in the past with aftermarket leather. It never seems tight like OEM leather. Softer but not tight.
I’ve read that in time it will flatten out. Time will tell.
When you spend 50k on a Jeep, that in my family will stay forever, you want things as crisp and as top notch as possible for as long as possible.

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
No Bamboozle

That red is alot... I mean a whole lot! But be damned if I don't really like it!

Looks like the fit is great too

No Bamboozle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2005 BMW M3
That red is “Bloody Sexy” in my British voice.
No Bamboozle

That red is alot... I mean a whole lot! But be damned if I don't really like it!

Looks like the fit is great too
Thanks guys! I think it blends pretty well with the small red accents around the car AND it doesn't seem to get as hot in the sun.

WOW!! Looks great for one solid color. Very professional job. What did they charge you?
Thanks! I paid $1,200 through my Jeep dealer.

Sponsored

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Thanks, figured out I was having issues with this earlier. This should work.
The amount of red is a bit much for me but I’m extremely impressed by the fit and finish. It’s a lot better than most other aftermarket leather that I’ve seen. :like:

Tgpj83

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Does anyone know what type/quality of leather Jeep puts in the wrangler from factory? Perhaps its not even leather and maybe a type of vinyl?

I think it looks great and is holding up well so far(no stretching). I've looked online and on this forum. I still can't find any information.

Hopefully someone knows...

Thanks

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Does anyone know what type/quality of leather Jeep puts in the wrangler from factory? Perhaps its not even leather and maybe a type of vinyl?

I think it looks great and is holding up well so far(no stretching). I've looked online and on this forum. I still can't find any information.

Hopefully someone knows...

Thanks
I don’t know for sure, but I would guess that factory leather is bonded leather. I have a Mazda Miata with leather and it is poor quality bonded leather. Bonded leather is to leather as particle board is to lumber. I believe Katzkin leather is full grain leather.
Sponsored