Sponsored

So what's the verdict on using the halogen foglights on bumpers/parts that require the LED fog light

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
When the JL came out I read that the mounting brackets are different in bumpers, for example. Is there a consensus on how to get around this? Can we buy halogen brackets to put on bumpers or other parts that were made for the LED fog lights?
Sponsored

lithe1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Firecracker Red
I had purchased a forum member’s front steel bumper and thought my halogen fog lights would be a straight bolt on, but I was wrong, so I ended up buying LED fog lights that were supposed to be for the JK steel bumper. The LED fog lights for the JK and JL steel bumpers use the same mounting pattern so it ended up working out for me.

That being said, however, just last week, I found these mounting brackets/adapters on Amazon (http://a.co/9vTpU1x) that seem to allow you to install the factory halogen fog lights on the JL steel bumpers. Wished I had seen these before I bought my LED fog lights. Would’ve instead used them with my halogen fog lights. Oh well.

OP
OP

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
I had purchased a forum member’s front steel bumper and thought my halogen fog lights would be a straight bolt on, but I was wrong, so I ended up buying LED fog lights that were supposed to be for the JK steel bumper. The LED fog lights for the JK and JL steel bumpers use the same mounting pattern so it ended up working out for me.

That being said, however, just last week, I found these mounting brackets/adapters on Amazon (http://a.co/9vTpU1x) that seem to allow you to install the factory halogen fog lights on the JL steel bumpers. Wished I had seen these before I bought my LED fog lights. Would’ve instead used them with my halogen fog lights. Oh well.
I read through that Amazon item but it seems to me that it's meant to fit led lights on non led bumpers/parts. I need the opposite thing, non led lights on led bympers/parts. Thanks though

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
there is a thread going with what seems to be 3 different fog light mounts depending on bumper and fog light option

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/difference-in-fog-light-mounting-brackets.5941/

from what i have gathered, sport non LED have a 3 point mount that matches no other jeep (that i am aware of), rubicon (and my guess sahara) with plastic bumpers (know for halogen and probably true for LED) have a 4 point mounting that matches 11+ JK plastic bumper fog lights, and rubicon steel bumper as a 2 point that sounds like matches the JK steel bumper

That amazon bracket looks to adapt a JK plastic bumper foglight to a JK steel bumper, thus will work for JL 4 point fogs lights to JL steel bumpers

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
there is a thread going with what seems to be 3 different fog light mounts depending on bumper and fog light option

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/difference-in-fog-light-mounting-brackets.5941/

from what i have gathered, sport non LED have a 3 point mount that matches no other jeep (that i am aware of), rubicon (and my guess sahara) with plastic bumpers (know for halogen and probably true for LED) have a 4 point mounting that matches 11+ JK plastic bumper fog lights, and rubicon steel bumper as a 2 point that sounds like matches the JK steel bumper

That amazon bracket looks to adapt a JK plastic bumper foglight to a JK steel bumper, thus will work for JL 4 point fogs lights to JL steel bumpers
Yea, the bracket linked above definitely fits the standard plastic bumper's fog lights to the steel bumper or to any aftermarket bumper designed to the same mounting configuration. Should be a simple bolt on with that bracket, but note that only one side of the fog light will be tightened down.
Sponsored