Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Semper6002

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I have a 2.0 and a 3.6 on order. Both in my name and only paid deposit for one. Dealer and salesman are cool and understand that this is a bunch of BS. They also know that both Jeeps will sell no matter what. So if the piece of crap 2.0 (which Iā€™m considering not getting whatsoever) is pushed to the right even more, Iā€™ll have a 3.6 coming in as a backup. I was also told the Diesel is pushed out to 2020. I bet it never even gets put into production. What a joke.

Anyways, I am fed up with having only 1 vehicle to share with my wife, and I assume a lot of people are in the same boat of frustration.

Long story short, Jeep sucks! Good luck everyone.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
What are they going to do after lunch?
Trying to figure out what I am going to do if this actually shows up. I got it...drive a wrangler. Novel idea. :jk:

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
I just made a 3.6 order as well. My dealer let me also do keep the 2.0 on order and the 3.6. Still think the 3.6 shows up first. They said it would no problem selling both vehicles.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Anyways, I am fed up with having only 1 vehicle to share with my wife, and I assume a lot of people are in the same boat of frustration.
Yes Brandon, I find it frustrating to share a vehicle with your wife too. You really should buy a Jeep - just for her.

Sponsored

Austin.Spitler

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLRU, 2016 Ford Mustang, 2004 BMW 545i, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Good morning turboā€™ers, anyone heard any updates lol
Messaged Jeep Chat this morning. They are still showing mine in D with build scheduled for week of June 4th. 113 days and counting... :angry:

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Messaged Jeep Chat this morning. They are still showing mine in D with build scheduled for week of June 4th. 113 days and counting... :angry:
Jeep chat is a waste of ā€­1 (866) 362-2146ā€¬ call this number or email them

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Have to say, I feel like such a hypocrite.

Iā€™m hoping to wait it out for the 2.0, and if I donā€™t, Iā€™ll end up with a 3.6.

That said, I kind of like every time I see someone bail. Not sure if Jeep will actually feel the pain from people bailing or even notice, but the ā€œprinciplesā€ portion of me canā€™t stand supporting a company with such opaque tactics.

I wish there was a strong competitor that I could support, instead... but theyā€™ve got me!

srbbnd

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stella 4T
I ordered back in the beginning of March, was told it would be 6-8 weeks, I talked to another dealer at the same time that offered me a much lower price. However, they stated it would not be ready until July 23, 2018. I stated why, and that dealer stated that is what the system order is showing. I asked did he think the other dealer was not being truthful about the time frame, he stated he was unsure, and maybe their system was showing something different, but he was probably full of it. I changed my order to the other dealer about a week later due to significant lower price and believing that the first dealer was lying about about the length of time. My new dealer has been brutally honest every-time I contact him about my status about Jeep being a mess, and him not having any status updates. However, yesterday he stated:
Looks like the vehicle should be released from the factory this week and will be well earlier than estimated.

Austin.Spitler

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLRU, 2016 Ford Mustang, 2004 BMW 545i, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep chat is a waste of ā€­1 (866) 362-2146ā€¬ call this number or email them
Thanks, I've emailed them too. Everyone is showing the same status for me. It's really annoying that they don't prioritize builds by order date. Not that anyone's actually received their turbos yet, but I guarantee there's some dude who ordered last week who's order will slide in front of mine.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I ordered back in the beginning of March, was told it would be 6-8 weeks, I talked to another dealer at the same time that offered me a much lower price. However, they stated it would not be ready until July 23, 2018. I stated why, and that dealer stated that is what the system order is showing. I asked did he think the other dealer was not being truthful about the time frame, he stated he was unsure, and maybe their system was showing something different, but he was probably full of it. I changed my order to the other dealer about a week later due to significant lower price and believing that the first dealer was lying about about the length of time. My new dealer has been brutally honest every-time I contact him about my status about Jeep being a mess, and him not having any status updates. However, yesterday he stated:
Looks like the vehicle should be released from the factory this week and will be well earlier than estimated.
Thatā€™s great to hear.

Are you in D1? What is your estimated ā€œshipā€ (really, build) date? It would probably have to be today or tomorrow if itā€™s actuslly being released from the factory this week.

Hate to be a downer but Iā€™d be very pleasantly shocked if that happens. Fingers crossed, though!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Ordered 2/14/18, 2.0 w/ granite, headliner, black hard top.
Canceled my order today. Not worth investing in an incompetent company.
Iā€™m starting to feel frustrated myself
Have to say, I feel like such a hypocrite.

Iā€™m hoping to wait it out for the 2.0, and if I donā€™t, Iā€™ll end up with a 3.6.

That said, I kind of like every time I see someone bail. Not sure if Jeep will actually feel the pain from people bailing or even notice, but the ā€œprinciplesā€ portion of me canā€™t stand supporting a company with such opaque tactics.

I wish there was a strong competitor that I could support, instead... but theyā€™ve got me!
really isnā€™t any other vehicle that compares
Sponsored