Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Bobbye75!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ Wrangler Rubicon on order
How shady is that? I used to count on those guys to get information such as this! Seems as if they now they are on the teams of the manufacturer rather than the Consumer!
What’s funny is... I posted a comment on theTFL YouTube review of the JL Turbo engine. I asked them why they are not reporting on th JL Turbo delay. THEY DELETED THE POST!
Sponsored

Dr.McNinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Well, I went ahead and cancelled my order. The only way to get their attention is to cut their sales numbers. I guess I'll see about getting one in 2019 or beyond, but I'm not going to pick up a 2018 in September. You hear that @JeepCares? You've finally discouraged somebody who has driven only Jeeps since 1997.

OP
OP
Respo

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks like another turbo is getting delivered to the New York area. Has anyone talked to these dealers to confirm?
upload_2018-6-4_12-26-23.png
What happened to the original turbo in transit? Fake news?

Sponsored

Soljah112

First Name
Amar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLU Sahara
I'm with Kim also. Let me know what she says. I'm booked all day Monday and plan to call Tuesday.

I just got off the phone with Kim and went ahead and "downgraded" to a 3.6. the wiring harness issue i feel is going to take too long to resolve after they figure out a solution/inspection/build/ship. Just the lack of information from anyone is frustrating. Also I am having flashbacks from my diesel VW which I already sold back a few months ago. Not having a vehicle and this limbo period is stressing me out. Those that are sticking with it, i envy you. best of luck on your order.

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just got off the phone with Kim and went ahead and "downgraded" to a 3.6. the wiring harness issue i feel is going to take too long to resolve after they figure out a solution/inspection/build/ship. Just the lack of information from anyone is frustrating. Also I am having flashbacks from my diesel VW which I already sold back a few months ago. Not having a vehicle and this limbo period is stressing me out. Those that are sticking with it, i envy you. best of luck on your order.
I'm waiting on her to confirm whether they have the part engineered and parts ready to install or if it is so.ething they have to engineer and then manufacture. I'm not willing to sit on an order that is not moving.

mcmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU Granite Metallic
Occupation
SuBourbon Socialite
Well, I went ahead and cancelled my order. The only way to get their attention is to cut their sales numbers. I guess I'll see about getting one in 2019 or beyond, but I'm not going to pick up a 2018 in September. You hear that @JeepCares? You've finally discouraged somebody who has driven only Jeeps since 1997.
two days away from doing the same... canceling my order and re-evaluate next year.

Cheddar14

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk
Dealer said his order went to D1 today. His “ship” (build) date is 6/21. He thinks they will actually ship very close to that date, even though I pointed out inspection, JS, etc. He’s an optimist I’d say :)

I would have hoped for a sooner build and ship than 6/21 for an “expedited” order that goes to the front of the line... does it take 17 days to expedite an order?

Dealer thinks mine will go to D1 by end of day (who knows).

JeepChat hit copy/paste a few times, no other info from them lol.

Hopefully we all hit D1 today/tomorrow and get our estimated ship dates (build). That will help us decide whether it’s worth the wait or not.

El ED

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade
Yeah, this is ridiculous. Gonna see what other lots have to offer. Those new tundras are looking pretty good.

Sponsored

Cheddar14

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk
Dealer said his order went to D1 today. His “ship” (build) date is 6/21. He thinks they will actually ship very close to that date, even though I pointed out inspection, JS, etc. He’s an optimist I’d say :)

I would have hoped for a sooner build and ship than 6/21 for an “expedited” order that goes to the front of the line... does it take 17 days to expedite an order?

Dealer thinks mine will go to D1 by end of day (who knows).

JeepChat hit copy/paste a few times, no other info from them lol.

Hopefully we all hit D1 today/tomorrow and get our estimated ship dates (build). That will help us decide whether it’s worth the wait or not.
I had the same message from my dealer today. Ship 6/21, so they must be building the 2.0's or getting ready to build them!

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I had the same message from my dealer today. Ship 6/21, so they must be building the 2.0's or getting ready to build them!
I gave my dealer until COB today for Jeep to say if they are ready to build or not, or I'm changing to a 3.6. We will see what they find out and go from there.

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
got reply from texting salesman at dealer - d1 already - and i believe him more then any other sources so far (puts me at ~96 days so far)... no comment on whether the same vin or a new vin so maybe they're tightening down on that sort of info... anyway now at d1 for whatever vin should cut a few weeks off delivery and maybe it will get thru inspection this time... (was jb after 77 days on 5/16) ... almost to the 100 day club :)
Scheduled:
C–tentative schedule
D–firm schedule; serial number is assigned
D1–gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date may be assigned (although not always)
Build:
E–framing
F–paint
G–trim
Built:
I–unit is pending final inspection and quality control
J–vehicle has passed final inspection but not yet released to carrier
JB–shipped to body vendor (typically for decals/stripes)
JE–shipped to emissions
JJ–consigned body vendor
JS–shipped to storage (to await shipping, for quality control, vehicle flash updates, etc)
KZ–released by plant and invoiced

kush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON
Hope I'm wrong but my dealer said all Turbos are in D status until they fix the wiring harness problem. I had called "JeepCares" and they said I'm in KZ, so who knows. Ordered on 2/12, 109 days and counting....