Not open for further replies.

JaCA29

First Name
Jason Baldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
My 2018 Wrangler is having so many issues I have lost count.
The check engine light comes on and then it’s a party from there. Every light comes on and the dash will freak out.
the speedometer stops working and so does the power steering.
Now I’m having issues with the windshield wipers going and today the vehicle wouldn’t turn off. It told me to park somewhere and I may not be able to shift from drive. Anyone know of a class action lawsuit for this issue?
Sponsored

Electrified

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
It's a 5 year old Jeep. Good luck with a class action suit. Not minimizing your heartache but something is causing your electric gremlins. Has it been a good vehicle before now?

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
My 2018 Wrangler is having so many issues I have lost count.
The check engine light comes on and then it’s a party from there. Every light comes on and the dash will freak out.
the speedometer stops working and so does the power steering.
Now I’m having issues with the windshield wipers going and today the vehicle wouldn’t turn off. It told me to park somewhere and I may not be able to shift from drive. Anyone know of a class action lawsuit for this issue?
An old battery will cause these issues on many modern cars. Do you have the code for the check engine light?

Yawnie'sPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLUR, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Anyone know of a class action lawsuit for this issue?
For which issue? You don't even know what the issue is. You don't even know the cause.
Could be low voltage, could be the CAN bus connections behind the glove box (dealing with that resolved communications issues in my JT)
You have to have a known issue and known cause, or at least point to one, to have any case - and Jeep has to have ignored or not worked to resolve it. So far, you've given no indication that a dealer has tried to fix it.

At the age of that Jeep -you need to have BOTH batteries checked - Jeep supplied batteries often don't last beyond 3 years.
Low voltage, CAN bus issues - those are my first choices.

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
some simple checks on the electrical system should at least get you direction - class action lawsuit for owning a Jeep with electrical issues :CWL: - sorry.....I just had to......

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Are you still on the original batteries?
If so, they are at the end of their expected lifespan and when they go they will cause all sorts of bizarre electrical issues. If the batteries are original, replace both Main & Aux. Always replace both batteries at the same time or you will go through batteries much quicker than you should.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Even if there was a class action suit, the lawyers would get millions of dollars and you’d get a coupon for 10% off your next oil change.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Don’t ever mention getting a lawyer when you’re at the dealer. They are no longer obligated to speak directly to you once legal action is threatened. They will just wait for your lawyer to contact them, then they will get their lawyer to respond. The days of thinking that will make people quake in their boots has long passed. As for me, I never threaten legal action, if it’s warranted I just do it.

In this case, your Jeep needs repaired. How will legal action help? As for class action suits, those are a joke for the plaintiffs involved.

Great first post though. Doubt you’ll have any luck drumming up supporters, here or on any other sites. Actually I’m surprised the mods tolerate any legal action talk here. Most sites don't.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I dealt with this. Luckily I was under warranty. My problem was the wiring harness inside of the dash. Try new batteries first. Best of luck

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
As for class action suits, those are a joke for the plaintiffs involved.
I think the lawyers will say it’s more about deterring future activity that is bad for the consumer than any remedy. But having been on the consumer end of so many of these it does seem pointless most of the time.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.