Sponsored

Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation???

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
@Threedom

Really excited My Threedom Wrangler RFID chip key holder came in. However I looked up online and on their website, YouTube, tried it all. I cannot find a installation video. So I've been winging it on my own. It was pretty obvious where the RFID chip goes (In the back), and it looks from what I can tell based on the shape and design that the RFID chip slides through the back to the front, where the key slides in place with the roll pin and locks the RFID chip in place.
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_150052057
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_150230030
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_150114769

It's a tight fit, which is really nice. I wish I had put some silicon paste that I have inside the chamber to make it slide through easier, because once the RFID chip is inside the key holder, it's not coming out unless you destroy the key holder. Again great feature once it's in place. The problem I'm having right now is getting the RFID chip to the front grill section of the Wrangler key holder.
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_151228057
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_151239884

For obvious reasons I don't want to damage the RFID chip. So up till now I've been having a little bit of luck pushing it through with a microfiber cloth over a 5 mm flathead. At this point it's about where the rear wheel is. I can't seem to push any further. I've been spraying soapy water in there and it just won't move any further up to the nose of the Wrangler.
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_152035333
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_152110002

Y'all have any advice for me to get it in the rest of the way?

On a side note I should mention, I really love your product, it's cute it's awesome and I'm really looking forward to it when it's completed. Appreciate y'all so much for making this!! ❤❤❤❤❤
Sponsored

DC3

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT EcoDiesel, 22 Polestar
Occupation
Engineer
@Threedom

Really excited My Threedom Wrangler RFID chip key holder came in. However I looked up online and on their website, YouTube, tried it all. I cannot find a installation video. So I've been winging it on my own. It was pretty obvious where the RFID chip goes (In the back), and it looks from what I can tell based on the shape and design that the RFID chip slides through the back to the front, where the key slides in place with the roll pin and locks the RFID chip in place.

It's a tight fit, which is really nice. I wish I had put some silicon paste that I have inside the chamber to make it slide through easier, because once the RFID chip is inside the key holder, it's not coming out unless you destroy the key holder. Again great feature once it's in place. The problem I'm having right now is getting the RFID chip to the front grill section of the Wrangler key holder.

For obvious reasons I don't want to damage the RFID chip. So up till now I've been having a little bit of luck pushing it through with a microfiber cloth over a 5 mm flathead. At this point it's about where the rear wheel is. I can't seem to push any further. I've been spraying soapy water in there and it just won't move any further up to the nose of the Wrangler.

Y'all have any advice for me to get it in the rest of the way?

On a side note I should mention, I really love your product, it's cute it's awesome and I'm really looking forward to it when it's completed. Appreciate y'all so much for making this!! ❤❤❤❤❤
I wasn't able to quickly find an install guide but I created this attached sketch. The wedged portion of the RFID chip will be facing the key head. The key is designed to wedge the RFID chip in place.

Try pushing the RFID out with a paper clip or small screwdriver through the grill. Once the RFID is out, you may want to ram the screwdriver or paperclip into the trunk to make sure there isn't anything preventing the chip from seating. Then install the chip as shown in the sketch.

I'll get with the team Monday and make sure an install guide is uploaded.

Feel free to ping me if you need additional help.

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. I am not an artist as you can easily tell.
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? 2023-03-18 15.48.10

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Tredsdert

I've set-up both the Wrangler and Tire, Threedom Waterproof Sport Keys..

It appears that you have placed the wedged end of the RFID chip in first, which is incorrect.... Doing that means you can't get the RFID chip in far enough forward to make room for the key end..

Look at the drawing that Carl, the founder of Threedom drew for you... Look at the shape of the RFID chip and then insert as directed/exactly as shown in the drawing...

Threedom provides a small hole so you can push the RFID chip out easily whenever you want..

Push the RFID chip back out and place it again. Be sure before you insert the RFID chip, to check to make sure that the pathway is clear... You should find the RFID chip slides in fairly easily..

CAREFUL..... Do not use any tool that might puncture your RFID chip.

You are going to truly enjoy that Threedom Waterproof Sport Key!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Thanks y'all so much! Yeah I wasn't sure, I definitely put it in backwards. I'm out right now, but as soon as I get home all take it out and spin it around try it again. It makes sense the way the diagram you drew, with the shorter end of the RFID chip facing down and backwards, it makes it so that the key will fit in completely behind it. Super sweet, appreciate y'all.

Yeah I've been looking forward to this ever since I saw y'all making it now. I'll hit y'allup when it's done. Again super appreciate the timeliness of y'all's response!

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Well that was easy! Once I did it the way y'all said, it worked out much better! Plus it helps that I stuck a screwdriver into the RFID section to kind of map out how deep it would actually go in. The way I put it in first time it wasn't going as deep, but the second I flip around the RFID chip, it all the sudden allows for space for the key to go up.
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_193708233
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_193856749~2
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_194358578

Once it was all together, I put the roll pin in and now it looks great!
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_195145151

Honestly it feels really sturdy, it's definitely not going anywhere!!!

Before Threedom...
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_195354132

After Threedom!!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_195806045

I like after much more!!!

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
Also, for future reference (hoping you never need it though), RFID chip comes out easily once the key is out actually!

I had to take mine out as I’ve been prepping to get my jeep to the dealer… to get lemon-lawed 🥲

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Also, for future reference (hoping you never need it though), RFID chip comes out easily once the key is out actually!

I had to take mine out as I’ve been prepping to get my jeep to the dealer… to get lemon-lawed 🥲
Damn guy that sucks to hear, sorry for your loss! Hopefully your next Wrangler is AMAZING!

Good to know, thanks!

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
Damn guy that sucks to hear, sorry for your loss! Hopefully your next Wrangler is AMAZING!

Good to know, thanks!
it will! I’m debating whether to give the 4xe powertrain another or pick up the most proven pentastar in a used fashion and build that without concerns of voiding the warranty 😎

Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I wasn't able to quickly find an install guide but I created this attached sketch. The wedged portion of the RFID chip will be facing the key head. The key is designed to wedge the RFID chip in place.

Try pushing the RFID out with a paper clip or small screwdriver through the grill. Once the RFID is out, you may want to ram the screwdriver or paperclip into the trunk to make sure there isn't anything preventing the chip from seating. Then install the chip as shown in the sketch.

I'll get with the team Monday and make sure an install guide is uploaded.

Feel free to ping me if you need additional help.

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. I am not an artist as you can easily tell.
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom Wrangler with RFID Pocket (waterproof) Installation??? IMG_20230318_195806045
To be honest it's not far from the final product. 🙃

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
it will! I’m debating whether to give the 4xe powertrain another or pick up the most proven pentastar in a used fashion and build that without concerns of voiding the warranty 😎
I've always been a fan of the 3.6L.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have had your Threedom Waterproof Sport Key for a couple of weeks now.. Nice huh...

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
You have had your Threedom Waterproof Sport Key for a couple of weeks now.. Nice huh...
It has been, yes!

It makes my keychain so simple, I love it! Also having the key and the RFID chip all in one is simple little package is amazing!!!

❤😍❤😍❤😍
Sponsored