Jacksparrow

First Name
Bhanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CLS 53 AMG
Friends,

I'm excited and in the process of buying a Rubicon 4E. The one I found that has the option I want has a lift and some other stuff installed by the dealer. I'm attaching the sticker for what's installed. Is this worth buying?

I had never owned a jeep before. I wanted to buy and then install the lift if needed at a later time. Now I'm concerned that this already has some stuff installed and I'm not sure how good they are.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bhanu

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with Rubicon 4Xe purchase that has Lift Installed IMG_0541
Jeep Wrangler JL Help with Rubicon 4Xe purchase that has Lift Installed 69992428526__3D297F6B-EB6F-430E-B14D-FE3D55D1B33B
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I would not pay $13k for those items. All of those options, with the exception of Method wheels, are lower tier in terms of quality.

Since you've never owned a Jeep before, it would be better for you to drive a stock Jeep and then through experience, figure out what modifications YOU want. You could add high quality parts at your own pace, versus the ridiculous markup the dealer is charging for low quality parts.

Additionally, there is more upkeep, maintenance, and troubleshooting when you have a Jeep with modifications to it's suspension. A lot of people who aren't familiar with turning wrenches fall into this trap and get over their head with buying an already modified vehicle. Having a clear understanding of how a stock Jeep handles and operates and then learning how to modify it themselves is a better recipe for long term happiness with your Jeep.

I'm a big proponent of doing modifications (within reason) yourself. That way, when something breaks, needs adjustment, or replacement, you will know how to diagnose and fix yourself.

PatriotX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
That price does seem insane. Not sure what other amenities are included but that price is is higher than of you got the extreme recon package on a non 4xe

Sponsored

KebertXela

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
As stated by @limeade, aside from the Method Wheels, that accessory package is not worth $13k

They don't even list what 2.5" Rubicon Express lift it is, does it come with control arms? track bars? are the springs rated for the 4xe? whatever it is, it isn't $3000. They are probably tacking on labor costs to that price.

Also, they've added a couple grand of a dealer markup to the MSRP. A fully loaded 4xe is not $78k

OP
OP

Jacksparrow

First Name
Bhanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CLS 53 AMG

Jean Genie

First Name
Jeana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Willys, 2023 HVY Rubicon XR

Sponsored

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
you should easily be able to get a fully loaded 4xe JLUR well below invoice.. I think you should do that, then decide what mods you want.. Stealership will always be a stealership..

Jean Genie

First Name
Jeana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Willys, 2023 HVY Rubicon XR

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
If you can wait, there are dealers listed on this forum that will do below invoice pricing on orders. You fly in and drive home. Order exactly what you like.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Where are they making up this MSRP from exactly?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

100% do not pay sticker for a new Jeep. Full stop.

You can easily save several thousand dollars by doing a custom order through trusted dealerships who have proven themselves consistently with members of the forum.
Sponsored