pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Here are my initial thoughts in no particular order:
  • I live in a very hilly area, and it's no surprise the those hills absolutely kill the all electric range. It's still just enough for me to get to / from work without using gas, so I'm happy.
  • I know people will disagree with this, but it's my opinion that adaptive cruise control is a MUST considering the "drag" of the regen / max regen brakes. It makes for a MUCH nicer and relaxing driving experience.
  • A level 2 charger is a must. Sure, it will charge overnight using the included charger, but 12-13 hours to fully charge limits the usefulness of the electric range feature.
  • The steering is sloppy and disconnected. You really need to be playing attention to what you're doing at higer speeds.
  • The cloth seats are much more comfortable than the leather ones, not to mention they're warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, and save you nearly $2K. (I'd actually pay $2K NOT to have the leather interior LOL.)
  • I'm completely SHOCKED (no pun intended ) how smoothly the vehicle shifts between electric and ICE usage. I pretty much need to watch the RPM needle to know when it happens.
  • This is a high vehicle. It's rediculous that the Rubicon doesn't offer a factory running board or rock rail with step option like some of the other models. I'll be swapping my standard rock rails for the MOPAR performance ones with a step to assist my 5'2" wife :)
  • The Sky One Touch roof is an obscene amount of money, but is totally worth every cent. Yes, it's a little louder than a hardtop inside the vehicle, but I would describe it as "plenty quiet". At highway speeds you can easily hold normal conversations with passengers without raising your voice. The downside is not being able to use automatic washers, but spraying it off manually isn't a big deal for me where I live.
  • Currently I'd say I love everything but the steering. I know my tires might be a little overinflated from the factory so I'm going to start there trying to correct it.
Jeep Wrangler JL My 1 week review of owning a 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe d6a741daedabb9cf792cb9b1d120f493b5191396-1
Sponsored

redrobin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4xe
Hello Ryan, Iā€™ve had my jeep going on 3 months. I love it! Each and every time I drive it I find something else to love. You are right about the ease going from electric to iceā€¦.it amazes me. I did a small road trip and it surprised me on the mpg, it was good. My first month I used the level 1 charger. I now have a level 2 and find I it So much better.I come home plug it in and go off again. My average mpg is 43.9. Even after my road trip! Enjoy the ride. Life is good šŸ˜Š

doublethebass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tacoma Pro 6MT, waiting for an electric Jeep
  • I live in a very hilly area, and it's no surprise the those hills absolutely kill the all electric range. It's still just enough for me to get to / from work without using gas, so I'm happy.
  • I know people will disagree with this, but it's my opinion that adaptive cruise control is a MUST considering the "drag" of the regen / max regen brakes. It makes for a MUCH nicer and relaxing driving experience.
  • A level 2 charger is a must. Sure, it will charge overnight using the included charger, but 12-13 hours to fully charge limits the usefulness of the electric range feature.
  • The steering is sloppy and disconnected. You really need to be playing attention to what you're doing at higer speeds.
  • The cloth seats are much more comfortable than the leather ones, not to mention they're warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, and save you nearly $2K. (I'd actually pay $2K NOT to have the leather interior LOL.)
  • I'm completely SHOCKED (no pun intended ) how smoothly the vehicle shifts between electric and ICE usage. I pretty much need to watch the RPM needle to know when it happens.
  • This is a high vehicle. It's rediculous that the Rubicon doesn't offer a factory running board or rock rail with step option like some of the other models. I'll be swapping my standard rock rails for the MOPAR performance ones with a step to assist my 5'2" wife :)
  • The Sky One Touch roof is an obscene amount of money, but is totally worth every cent. Yes, it's a little louder than a hardtop inside the vehicle, but I would describe it as "plenty quiet". At highway speeds you can easily hold normal conversations with passengers without raising your voice. The downside is not being able to use automatic washers, but spraying it off manually isn't a big deal for me where I live.
  • Currently I'd say I love everything but the steering. I know my tires might be a little overinflated from the factory so I'm going to start there trying to correct it.
Jeep Wrangler JL My 1 week review of owning a 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe d6a741daedabb9cf792cb9b1d120f493b5191396-1
That's perfect it handles your commute without gas. Does it feel like it lacks power in the all-electric mode?

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's perfect it handles your commute without gas. Does it feel like it lacks power in the all-electric mode?
Not at all... and I live in a very hilly area. (The ICE compensates though too even in all electric mode.) It's seamless.

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on your purchase. Sounds like you are enjoying it.

This here=> Currently I'd say I love everything but the steering. I know my tires might be a little overinflated from the factory so I'm going to start there trying to correct it.

Will make a world of difference. I was surprised how much the tires were overinflated. Let us know if it made a difference for you.

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
You can run it through an automatic car wash, but go touchless. The ones with brushes and ribbons will miss half your jeep.

I started using waterless wash and quick detailer for touchups. Works fine unless it's been driven in the rain.

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can run it through an automatic car wash, but go touchless.
So that's what I was originally thinking of doing. From what I've read they stand up well to to the water pressure of a touchless wash, but it's the chemicals that cause the issue. Apparently it can damage the water resistance of the fabric or cause issues with waxy chemical buildups. I'd love to be proven wrong on this because I usually use touchless car washes all the time.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
So that's what I was originally thinking of doing. From what I've read they stand up well to to the water pressure of a touchless wash, but it's the chemicals that cause the issue. Apparently it can damage the water resistance of the fabric or cause issues with waxy chemical buildups. I'd love to be proven wrong on this because I usually use touchless car washes all the time.
Just use something like 303 Fabric Guard when you detail it. It'll keep your top looking good, and retain it's water repellency

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I think you and I have different ideas of what constitutes a ā€œmust!ā€

(I hate adaptive cruise control with a passion and 12-13 hours seems fine to me, but I donā€™t have a 4xE so what do I know)

Well anyway enjoy the jeep and definitely air down those tires!

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I saw where hot head liners offer a insulated pad that doesnā€™t affect the top and makes it quieter and cooler

Sponsored

ChadP

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Unlimited 4xe Rubicon
We have had ours for a few months now, and so far a level 1 charger has been perfectly fine. It is my wife's car and she typically doesn't drive more than 20 miles a day.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
d6a741daedabb9cf792cb9b1d120f493b5191396-1.jpeg
Have the same vehicle. It was my first wrangler I ever drove.
-you donā€™t need ACC because you donā€™t have to drive with the max regen. Max regen does not actually serve a practical purpose as the standard brake pedal will regen the same amount.
-i hated the steering the first week as well. Itā€™s not because itā€™s loose or not precise, itā€™s because it doesnā€™t naturally return to center like IFS vehicles. I eventually discovered itā€™s not really the jeep, it was me needing to adapt to it mentally and not just expecting it to go straight on its own. It took me about 1500 miles until I didnā€™t notice it at all. Thatā€™s why other jeep owners generally donā€™t say much about it. They all just adapted to it.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
In case you donā€™t know, the ā€œstep assistā€ are definitely just ā€œassistā€ , very narrow, if she needs running boards /a true step they barely qualify.

BigLebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4xe 1999 Mazda Miata
The steering is sloppy and disconnected. You really need to be playing attention to what you're doing at higer speeds.
I am curious to know how you make out with lowering the tire pressure. I am finding with the extra battery weight, the highway manners of these is not too bad.
Sponsored