Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.markprecisionautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Machinist / mad scientist
Hello fellow gear heads! Our company, Mark Precision Automotive, is a relatively new endeavor based in the mountains of northern Arizona. We are a father and son team that love exploring the outdoors in our geographically diverse state with our Rubicon JLs. As machinists and engineers by trade we could see how versatile the Wrangler is and how easily it accepts modifications. This got our mental gears turning. What started as just a hobby has quickly become our passion and, with our experience working with aluminum, turning this passion into a business opportunity was a no-brainer.

We currently offer two products. Our quick-deploy fire extinguisher which mounts on to the roll cage in the cargo area of the 4-door JL Wranglers, and a Folding Jerry Can Mount that can hold five gallons of liquid on the tailgate without obscuring the backup camera. We will post some more pictures and details on these products in subsequent posts as well as more info on our upcoming roof rack that we're pretty excited about. We also offer custom manufacturing services and are willing to take on unique projects or ideas.

While our offerings may be small at the moment, we are working on a number of new designs including the above mentioned modular roof rack capable of holding a wide variety of attachments simultaneously and a toolbox/jerry can/traction board mount that fits over the rear cargo windows. All of our current and future products are made with 6061 aluminum billet or stainless steel and require no drilling or permanent modifications to install. We also produce all of our products right here in Arizona with only our anodizing process being outsourced to another Arizona based company. Our philosophy is to combine mechanical precision, rugged endurance, and ease of use into all of our designs. Nothing leaves our shop that we wouldn't be proud to display and trust to use on our own Jeeps. Which we do.

We are a small company, so any feedback, questions, or comments are much appreciated. We are offering a discount of 10% on all orders through March 24th and shipping is always free. Enter JLTEN at checkout to apply. Thanks for reading and we hope to hear from you soon!

Visit our website today

Jeff

Jeep Wrangler JL Hello from the guys at Mark Precision Automotive forumpost1

Jeep Wrangler JL Hello from the guys at Mark Precision Automotive DSC_0043

Jeep Wrangler JL Hello from the guys at Mark Precision Automotive forumpost2

Jeep Wrangler JL Hello from the guys at Mark Precision Automotive DSC_0009
Sponsored

Willysfan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Machinist
Clubs

Hey Jeff,
Fellow Machinist here. Is there any reason the fire extinguisher mount won't work on a two door?
Thanks,
Jason

Reactions: AFD
OP
OP
Mark Precision Automotive
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hey Jeff,
Fellow Machinist here. Is there any reason the fire extinguisher mount won't work on a two door?
Thanks,
Jason
Hi Jason,
Truth be told we don't have an example of the two door to confirm fit. So to be on the safe side we only listed the unlimited. We are using three points on the roll cage to attach. If you have any pictures of the roll cage in the rear cargo area we can get an idea if it will fit. Regardless, I will make a trip down to the Jeep dealership to take a look. Keep you posted of my findings.
Thanks,
Jeff

OP
OP
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Jason,
Truth be told we don't have an example of the two door to confirm fit. So to be on the safe side we only listed the unlimited. We are using three points on the roll cage to attach. If you have any pictures of the roll cage in the rear cargo area we can get an idea if it will fit. Regardless, I will make a trip down to the Jeep dealership to take a look. Keep you posted of my findings.
Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Jason,
I stopped by the dealership and took a look inside a two door. Very different layout. However, on the backside pillars there were two points with IP 20 fasteners that could be used with a third point on the opposite side that was a threaded hole. The bottle would have to be mounted in a vertical orientation. I think it is doable.
Thanks,
Jeff

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Will the Jerrycan mount work with the @TeraFlex tailgate reinforcement system? What about max spare tire size compatibility?

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Will the Jerrycan mount work with the @TeraFlex tailgate reinforcement system? What about max spare tire size compatibility?
Hello,
I don't know if it will work without seeing one in person and taking measurements. My guess is we would have to make an adapter between the reinforcement and the tank mount. Currently the mount is set up for a 33"tire. We have the ability to offset the mount to accommodate a 35" tire. Anything larger and the tank will run into the tail light. Hope that answers your questions. Please let me know if I can be of any further help.
Thanks,
Jeff

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hello fellow gear heads! Our company, Mark Precision Automotive, is a relatively new endeavor based in the mountains of northern Arizona. We are a father and son team that love exploring the outdoors in our geographically diverse state with our Rubicon JLs. As machinists and engineers by trade we could see how versatile the Wrangler is and how easily it accepts modifications. This got our mental gears turning. What started as just a hobby has quickly become our passion and, with our experience working with aluminum, turning this passion into a business opportunity was a no-brainer.

We currently offer two products. Our quick-deploy fire extinguisher which mounts on to the roll cage in the cargo area of the 4-door JL Wranglers, and a Folding Jerry Can Mount that can hold five gallons of liquid on the tailgate without obscuring the backup camera. We will post some more pictures and details on these products in subsequent posts as well as more info on our upcoming roof rack that we're pretty excited about. We also offer custom manufacturing services and are willing to take on unique projects or ideas.

While our offerings may be small at the moment, we are working on a number of new designs including the above mentioned modular roof rack capable of holding a wide variety of attachments simultaneously and a toolbox/jerry can/traction board mount that fits over the rear cargo windows. All of our current and future products are made with 6061 aluminum billet or stainless steel and require no drilling or permanent modifications to install. We also produce all of our products right here in Arizona with only our anodizing process being outsourced to another Arizona based company. Our philosophy is to combine mechanical precision, rugged endurance, and ease of use into all of our designs. Nothing leaves our shop that we wouldn't be proud to display and trust to use on our own Jeeps. Which we do.

We are a small company, so any feedback, questions, or comments are much appreciated. We are offering a discount of 10% on all orders through March 24th and shipping is always free. Enter JLTEN at checkout to apply. Thanks for reading and we hope to hear from you soon!

Visit our website today

Jeff

Your fire extinguisher mount is slick. A 15 second video of it being detached might help us justify the cost.

Note that you should consider making the main page pictures of your products link to each product.

maynyrd150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU
😲 looks like these pieces would be more at home in space than on a jeep. yikes

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Your fire extinguisher mount is slick. A 15 second video of it being detached might help us justify the cost.

Note that you should consider making the main page pictures of your products link to each product.
The price is a little hefty, I was going to wait a little bit and order one in the future.

I was actually kind of wondering if the way it attaches, there are similar holes in the front facing overhead section of the b-pillar, between the front seats. Is it possible to attach it between the front seats as well? My third brake light is actually currently in that location (of the rear facing overhead c-pillar). I wasn't planning on moving it anytime soon. A video of it being installed and/or like @Ratbert said, showing it off would definitely be very handy information. Thank you, again it looks super high quality. Like that guy said space material stuff!

OP
OP
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The price is a little hefty, I was going to wait a little bit and order one in the future.

I was actually kind of wondering if the way it attaches, there are similar holes in the front facing overhead section of the b-pillar, between the front seats. Is it possible to attach it between the front seats as well? My third brake light is actually currently in that location (of the rear facing overhead c-pillar). I wasn't planning on moving it anytime soon. A video of it being installed and/or like @Ratbert said, showing it off would definitely be very handy information. Thank you, again it looks super high quality. Like that guy said space material stuff!
Hello,
I am not seeing any good attachment points on the B pillar. The only other place that I see might work is the rear portion of the roll cage mounted at an angle. What's your thoughts? As far as the hefty cost I hear you. Unfortunately we have seen our costs to manufacture skyrocket in the past year. Plus the fact that I really like to build things without compromising the vision that I have for the finished product. It drives my wife nuts wondering why I can't make things with one or two parts.
Thanks,
Jeff

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Any issues with the fire extinguisher mount and a Sky One Touch roof?

ytry

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLU Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Adult Day Care
Love the Fire Extinguisher mount, unfortunately it's out of my price range.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.