Sponsored

Anybody Find a Hard Top Hoist for the JL Yet?

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2018 Ford Raptor; 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Do the hooks press against the seals? Do you have any concerns about leaving it hoisted for a couple months at a time?
The kit I have has no hooks. It uses straps with buckles that go through the hardtop front to back. And no, I have no concerns about leaving the top hoisted for any amount of time.

scbeachjeep

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
I posted this in another thread but Im seriously thinking about mounting 4 of these to the top - evenly spaced for balance - so im not going through all the steps as Ive seen to get these in the air .

Seems simple to just back in - hook up - lift and drive off

Give me your thoughts

" they come in black also "

Capture cleat.JPG
How it works ??

Sponsored

deener

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler Sport, 2018 Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr
I used a hoist for years and switched to a TopLift Pro. I couldn’t be happier. Toplift Pro sent me a JL compatible top section for the lift. The groove running down the middle of th JL top is roughly 1.5” wider than the JK.

I know it’s expensive, but so is your hardtop.
I ordered a TopLift Pro about 3 months ago and it finally came in last week - I haven't put it together yet. I wasn't aware it needed additional parts or modifications for the JL - do they charge you for it? Is there a part number for the part(s)? I have a 2 door Rubi with the upgraded sound insulation - love it and don't want to mess that up.

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
I ordered a TopLift Pro about 3 months ago and it finally came in last week - I haven't put it together yet. I wasn't aware it needed additional parts or modifications for the JL - do they charge you for it? Is there a part number for the part(s)? I have a 2 door Rubi with the upgraded sound insulation - love it and don't want to mess that up.
It should come configured for a JL if you ordered it that way. My wife ordered mine for my JK before JL’s were delivering. Not sure but I would guess the JL version is all they sell now as it also works on a JK.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Go to the Topsy thread. Easy installation and no stress on the seals. Best option I’ve run into so far.

ironpipe

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Don't be in a hurry if you order from Topsy. Ordered 3 days ago still no shipping information even emailed them with no response. Not happy with customer service.

mlb777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport
I've been waiting for hoist manufacturers to addapt their systems for the new shape of the rear of the JLU's hard top. Has anybody seen or purchased one yet?
Hey all. With very minor modification to the rear portion of the Smittybilt, this works perfectly. Installed about a month ago

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...BXfIBYcRf_xXdjOuGA3LnaAUbEZ-3KiBoChbMQAvD_BwE

The rear portion simply needs to be straighted and welded to allow the rear mount the clearance to slide up through the gap. I lower hoist down, bring the rear mount UP through the rear window gap and secure it to the hoist frame. I have friends with other hoists for JKs and must admit the balance and weight distribution of the smittybilt seems better than others. I'm a fan..and NOT super handy, so...good luck!

jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg