“Faulty Wiring Harness” caused 2.0L fire

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Well, here we go. My dealer (a very high volume dealer in the NYC area) just called and told me Jeep just found an issue with the main wiring harnesses in the 2.0L and my build is being re-built with a new VIN. It should be expedited but I think we all know what that really means in Jeep-speak. Apparently all built 2.0L models are going to be re-built.

I am glad they are fixing the problem before any customers take delivery and get this situation right. Well, here we go waiting all over again after sitting in JS for a month.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
My dealer just gave me the same exact info. Confirmed from 2 sources now (one in NY and one in OH).

My "second" order was placed 5/29.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I am glad they are fixing the problem before any customers take delivery and get this situation right. Well, here we go waiting all over again after sitting in JS for a month.
Don’t fret. There will be plenty of other serious issues to go around that owners will discover in the first few months.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Are the old vins then being destroyed? Just thinking out loud.

OP
OP

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
according to my dealer yes all previous VINs are being destroyed. Probably for Liability and Insurance reasons I would think.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Glad to see FCA doing the right thing.
No. The right thing would have been to tell us weeks ago, and ask if we’d like to resubmit orders and start all over again, or skip the wait and buy off a lot (or wait for 2019).

While they’re resubmitting, are there any changes we’d like to make? Also, here is a voucher for $_______ off the purchase price.

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, this looks like progress towards getting our Jeeps. It is better to have a bit more of a wait, than to receive something with electrical problems.

Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
am i the only one thinking the timing of this is not coincidental with the yard fire jeep had in toledo on a limited portion of the population?

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
No. The right thing would have been to tell us weeks ago, and ask if we’d like to resubmit orders and start all over again, or skip the wait and buy off a lot (or wait for 2019).

While they’re resubmitting, are there any changes we’d like to make? Also, here is a voucher for $_______ off the purchase price.
100% with you. Just commenting on the decision to start from scratch versus providing a band aide. Sucks for current orders in having wasted time and brought frustration but ultimately all should benefit from getting it right. Chalking this one up to not ready for prime time which means I’m losing appetite for the diesel knowing what turbo owners just experienced.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
am i the only one thinking the timing of this is not coincidental with the yard fire jeep had in toledo on a limited portion of the population?
Nope. You’re not the only one. Makes sense, doesn’t it? That would be one hell of a coincidence.
Sponsored