Sponsored

Well, I was going to buy an AEV DualSport RT Suspension yesterday...

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
But they don't sell it without the $225, feature challanged, ProCal Snap.

I contacted their customer service asking if they would sell me the lift without the ProCal since I already have a FlashCal JL. They replied right away, which at least was refreshing in this day and age, but told me they don't sell the lift without the ProCal. And then went on to tell me I could just try to sell it. But if you look in the classifieds on this forum, it seems people are having trouble getting rid of them.

So, in the same price range, is there a decent alternative for a ~2" 2 door Rubicon lift? Not sure I want to go with Mopar since I have heavy front/rear bumpers with winch and rear tire carrier and tailgate reinforcement bracket. It sounded like the spring rate of the AEV would have been a better option for me. But I'm not sure I want to do business with them at this point. I'm guessing most of my customer service issues with them will follow in the same vein.
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Checkout @Clayton Off Road and Synergy. You will be able to get a on more input on the Clayton here since they have a presence and are great quality. Synergy not near as much.

I am running Synergy Stage 1 2" lift and been happy with it. It has great flex and carries loads fairly well. Most on the forum here are familiar with Synergy, but running other parts and not their lifts for whatever reasons. They are a quality manufacturer as is Clayton.

Avoid the Dynatrac 2" lift as it tends to sag over time and does not handle weight well. Just adding that as there will likely be someone that recommends that.

OP
OP
cosmokenney

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Checkout @Clayton Off Road and Synergy.
Thanks for the reply!
Interestingly I was just looking at Clayton and their lifts are at least 3x the price of AEV/Mopar, when you add shocks to the equation. Not sure I want to spend that much money. Same thing with Synergy.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Thanks for the reply!
Interestingly I was just looking at Clayton and their lifts are at least 3x the price of AEV/Mopar, when you add shocks to the equation. Not sure I want to spend that much money. Same thing with Synergy.
That is true. Maybe AEV is the best route despite not wanting the ProCal? I ran AEV on my JK and it handled great and drove well. You could always do a bit at a time to get what you want.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks for the reply!
Are you comparing apples to apples?

Bilstein 5100s are available off the shelf for under $100 a pop.
Arms (especially a full set) are more expensive than brackets, several manufacturers have brackets available.

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for the reply!
Hey there! We actually have a lift called our Ride Right system which is designed to be a more entry-level style kit, similar to something like the Mopar kit. However, this kit comes with everything you need to correct suspension geometry where it matters most, which is why our system includes front upper adjustable control arms and a front and rear adjustable track bar. Our bushings are also completely maintenance-free and help to soak up road noise and vibrations for an even more comfortable and quiet ride.

Always happy to answer any questions if you have any :like:

OP
OP
cosmokenney

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Are you comparing apples to apples?

Bilstein 5100s are available off the shelf for under $100 a pop.
Arms (especially a full set) are more expensive than brackets, several manufacturers have brackets available.
I think I'm following what you are saying.
The AEV lift is just under $1600 with Bilstein shocks. The cheapest Clayton lift for a 2 door is just under $1700 without shocks and doesn't come with bump stops or any of the other hardware that the AEV comes with. They Synergy kit is $1900 without shocks.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The AEV lift is just under $1600 with Bilstein shocks. The cheapest Clayton lift for a 2 door is just under $1700 without shocks and doesn't come with bump stops or any of the other hardware that the AEV comes with. They Synergy kit is $1900 without shocks.
The Clayton has $976 worth of arms and track bars that the AEV doesn't include.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That is actually a different style system that utilizes correction brackets instead of adjustable control arms, which is the main reason for the price difference. Our Ride Right kit has the bump stop extensions removed as it is really intended for somebody looking to lift the vehicle properly to fit a larger set of tires, but mainly keep it on the road as one of the full systems would be better suited for any real off-road use. On road, the bump stop extensions won't affect anything, but can always be added to the Ride Right system if preferred!

OP
OP
cosmokenney

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Hey there! We actually have a lift called our Ride Right system which is designed to be a more entry-level style kit, similar to something like the Mopar kit. However, this kit comes with everything you need to correct suspension geometry where it matters most, which is why our system includes front upper adjustable control arms and a front and rear adjustable track bar. Our bushings are also completely maintenance-free and help to soak up road noise and vibrations for an even more comfortable and quiet ride.

Always happy to answer any questions if you have any :like:
Thanks for chiming in.
I'm looking for a turn key system. I am by no means a suspension pro. I definitely don't want to piece things together because I don't know what I'm doing.

Also not looking to build a rock crawler. I'm just trying to adjust things for my use case. To eliminate the problems I face most frequently. When I do drive the jeep -- it is not a daily driver anymore -- it is to get to places on old dirt roads. Most of which have not been maintained in decades. Mostly just need more clearance for snow covered rutted out roads. The times I have been stuck was when I dug in to mud/snow and got part of the jeep hung up on rocks or packed snow.

Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Assuming you want an overlanding heavy weight lift (which the AEV is), others have gone down your road before: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/overlanding-suspension-lift-selection.95441/page-2

We have two happy people on OME's 2" lift, which is a 2" on Sport (1" on Rubicon"): https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...dded-weight-spacer-lift-or.91959/post-1917722

If you're not carrying a lot of extra weight, you didn't want an overlanding AEV-style lift anyway as it would be too stiff and you should look at "normal" 2" lifts.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks for chiming in.
I'm looking for a turn key system. I am by no means a suspension pro. I definitely don't want to piece things together because I don't know what I'm doing.

Also not looking to build a rock crawler. I'm just trying to adjust things for my use case. To eliminate the problems I face most frequently. When I do drive the jeep -- it is not a daily driver anymore -- it is to get to places on old dirt roads. Most of which have not been maintained in decades. Mostly just need more clearance for snow covered rutted out roads. The times I have been stuck was when I dug in to mud/snow and got part of the jeep hung up on rocks or packed snow.
With some outliers, it can be surprising how competitive most manufacturers are when you compare components. The AEV kit is simply a bare bones kit with less parts.

Dynatrac has a bare bones kit with Fox's that runs $1500.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for chiming in.

No problem! The Ride Right kit is just intended to be a really good entry point into one of our systems, but of course it's all about finding what works best for you and your build! If you ever have any suspension questions, always happy to help!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
And just for shits and giggles. Clayton without rear arms or track bars, but with bumps. (Note, this appears to be enough bump for 37s up front at 3")
Jeep Wrangler JL Well, I was going to buy an AEV DualSport RT Suspension yesterday... 1675805801253
Sponsored