Sponsored

TireRack is giving an instant 300.00 discount on K02s...

OP
OP
lowmpg

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Someones always gonna hate something.

I currently have KO2’s on 4 vehicles in my house. 2 F-150’s and 2 Jeeps and have had them on previous vehicles. 1 F-150 has just shy of 40,000 miles and the other Jeep has 26,000. None have any of the issues mentioned above. In fact, the other day I tried teaching my daughter how to handle the rear end getting loose in snow/ice and could not get them to break loose without a dangerous amount of gas.

If I had one complaint, it would be that they can slip slightly on takeoff in the rain. Its typically very brief and easily corrected.
Yeah hoping my experience is a good one. My main reason of dumping the MTs I have is because I do more sand than mud. Primarily I daily drive my Jeep so MTs were overkill (but came OEM on the rid in 33 size). The Falken's have been good but one tire did wear a little uneven.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Someones always gonna hate something.
When someone pays what I did for a set of 5 and they perform the way I described them (and I am not alone in that experience), then yeah...why would I ever say they are AMAZING and go buy them at any price.

I prefer to give a real evaluation in the hopes that someone else may use the money that I spent as way to see a real life experience before dropping that much money on a set of them.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
When someone pays what I did for a set of 5 and they perform the way I described them (and I am not alone in that experience), then yeah...why would I ever say they are AMAZING and go buy them at any price.

I prefer to give a real evaluation in the hopes that someone else may use the money that I spent as way to see a real life experience before dropping that much money.
I’m just giving an alternate opinion to yours from my long term experience with them across multiple vehicles. They also happen to consistently be one of the highest rated A/T’s across reviewers. It would seem your experience is not all that common.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I prefer to give a real evaluation in the hopes that someone else may use the money that I spent as way to see a real life experience before dropping that much money on a set of them.
And your recommendations are?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just giving an alternate opinion to yours from my long term experience with them across multiple vehicles. They also happen to consistently be one of the highest rated A/T’s across reviewers. It would seem your experience is not all that common.
Based upon the "Bash KO2" comments I see here and on other sites, I would readily say my experience is not that uncommon.

With that said, if KO2's are working for you, then outstanding.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And your recommendations are?
Certainly not BFG.

On a more serious note, the point of my post was not to make a recommendation of what to buy, but rather what not to buy.

I have not decided if I am going to keep them on the Jeep (it centers completely around if DT replaces them under warranty or not), but there are a few other brands I will dig into.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Certainly not BFG.

On a more serious note, the point of my post was not to make a recommendation of what to buy, but rather what not to buy.

I have not decided if I am going to keep them on the Jeep (it centers completely around if DT replaces them under warranty or not), but there are a few other brands I will dig into.
Check out the Mickey Thompson A/T’s. Really good all around tire.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Certainly not BFG.

I understand your disdain for KO2s. I’m on my third set, including on my truck. I’ve been very happy with their performance but I admit I don’t have any recent experience to compare with other brands. I did like the Toyo’s I ran on a previous truck long ago.

I would be more interested in someone’s opinion if they made a relative comparison between brands and the reasoning.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I understand your disdain for KO2s. I’m on my third set, including on my truck. I’ve been very happy with their performance but I admit I don’t have any recent experience to compare with other brands. I did like the Toyo’s I ran on a previous truck long ago.

I would be more interested in someone’s opinion if they made a relative comparison between brands and the reasoning.
For clarity--I REALLY wanted to like them. They were LRC which means they are considerably lighter than comparable sized tires and they do have a reputation for being a decent tire. I ignored most (if not all) of the negative comments and chalked them up to one-offs.

Sadly, I should have listened because now I am in that list of "one-offs"...

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Check out the Mickey Thompson A/T’s. Really good all around tire.
They are on the list, but the price has me pausing on them. DT quoted $3008 for a set of 5 out the door a few months ago. I have to think they are more now with inflation as it is.

Their price is one of the main reasons I started the thread Are "Expensive" Tires Even Worth It?

Sponsored

OP
OP
lowmpg

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Thread kind of flew off course like a Chinese Weather Balloon, it was really about sharing a deal going so others could score. Sort of turned in to a debate about who likes what and why -- all anecdotal.

That said, this is the Internet :)

Tires arrived two days after the order.

Jeep Wrangler JL TireRack is giving an instant 300.00 discount on K02s... 329122047_1142715613103998_2276597588219254245_n
Jeep Wrangler JL TireRack is giving an instant 300.00 discount on K02s... 329108834_591694358978730_5554783168154934279_n

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thread kind of flew off course like a Chinese Weather Balloon, it was really about sharing a deal going so others could score. Sort of turned in to a debate about who likes what and why -- all anecdotal.

My apologies--it was not my intent to derail your thread and I hope they are the best tires you have had to date.

As for "all anecdotal", well that is all there will ever be on forums like this. There are no third parties providing verification services, so you have to take things as they are--free opinions. The same can be said for reviews on any website--Tire Rack and DT included.

Deleted member 59498

Tires arrived two days after the order.

Jeep Wrangler JL TireRack is giving an instant 300.00 discount on K02s... 329108834_591694358978730_5554783168154934279_n
Nice find, I always liked BFG work well here. Almost got one free? That 5th tire always inflates price pretty quick! :)
Sponsored