Sponsored

TireRack is giving an instant 300.00 discount on K02s...

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just picked up 37x12.5x17's K02s for $2100 shipped. FYI to anyone looking to make a purchase right now.

UPDATE -- K02's installed, gained 1.5" in ride height and so far the K02 are not surprisingly a lot quieter than the M/Ts. After 100 miles so far averaging 2mpg more than the M/Ts were doing same drive...also see 8th gear more now than I did with the M/Ts.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Looks like their instant rebate is only on that size and not all KO2s (and is $60 off per tire, in case anyone was hoping for $20 stockers 😆)

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Some are $30/tire (ie 315/70/17 and only in certain load range).

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe if they were giving them away... otherwise, hard pass.

OP
OP
lowmpg

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Guess you aren't too concerned about a discount then......
I would be more concerned how they start circling the drain after 20K miles making that discount more than a little irrelevant.

I hope they work out for you, but based upon my experience with them as well as what others have had said, the odds are not in your favor.

Here is a recent review I did on mine at the 35K mark:

Vehicle = 2019 JLUR with 3.6L, ZF8, & 5.13 Gearing
Empty Weight = 5700 pounds
Lift = 3.5" MC Game Changer
Shocks = 2.5" Fox DSC
Wheels = Icon Alpha; 17x8.5 with 0 offset/4.75" backspace

Tire = BF Goodrich KO2 A/T
Size = 37x12.50x17
Load Range = C
Inflated diameter (Unloaded) = 35.75" (@31 PSI)
Inflated diameter (Loaded) = 35.375" (@31 PSI)
Tread Depth = 15/32" (0 miles)
Tread Depth = 12/32" (35K miles)
Maintenance = 5 tire rotation and balance every 5K miles (more frequent balancing needed as they wear)

Experience:

On-Road (Good--when new):

- They will not stay balanced as they wear (at least not for long), more and more weight is needed to balance them and they do not stay balanced as long as other tires have. Rebalancing has been needed between rotations (Discount Tire - Road Force)
- They begin to lose their grip in the rain and snow after about 20-25K miles. I had to drive from Denver to Colorado Springs during the last big snowstorm (speed was greatly reduced due to the conditions) and they are all over the place. They have a 3 peak snow rating, but as they wear effectiveness is reduced on the highway and they will slide in the rain much faster than other tires.
- They are quiet; probably the quietest tire I have had except for Michelin LTX AT2's on my trucks.

Off-road (Jack of all trades and master of none--except maybe powdery snow):

- They work reasonably well in the snow, I have gone through really deep powdery snow and they handled it just fine.
- Loose, deep dry sand will typically find you close to stuck more often than not, wet sand is managed reasonably well.
- Thick clay based mud will find you stuck and flexing your winch muscles. The tread design does not clear sticky mud and you will find they become 4 slicks with zero grip in short order.
- Watery mud is cleared reasonably well, but they are no match for a true M/T.
- They handle rocks "ok", but they will slip and drag you out of your line on side angled inclines and declines.

Noise = 10 (even after 35K miles)
Wear = 9 (even with the weight of my JLUR)
Ride = 7 (9 at first; 4 after 35K miles)
Dry = 9 (even after 35K miles)
Wet = 6 (7 new; 4 after 35K miles)
Snow = 6 (8 off-road--even after 35K miles; 4 on-road after 35K miles)
Mud = 4 (2 in clay/heavy mud; 5 in all other mud)
Sand = 6 (4 in deep dry sand; 8 in wet sand)
Trail = 6 (they can slip in rocks on inclines and declines)
Look = 5 (nothing aggressive or sexy here)
Overall = 6.8
Would I buy again? = No (as a jack of all trades and master of none (except noise and perhaps wear) they are too expensive for what you are getting).

fastguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I wonder if the k03's are dropping soon.
Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
lowmpg

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I would be more concerned how they start circling the drain after 20K miles making that discount more than a little irrelevant.

I hope they work out for you, but based upon my experience with them as well as what others have had said, the odds are not in your favor.

Here is a recent review I did on mine at the 35K mark:

Vehicle = 2019 JLUR with 3.6L, ZF8, & 5.13 Gearing
Empty Weight = 5700 pounds
Lift = 3.5" MC Game Changer
Shocks = 2.5" Fox DSC
Wheels = Icon Alpha; 17x8.5 with 0 offset/4.75" backspace

Tire = BF Goodrich KO2 A/T
Size = 37x12.50x17
Load Range = C
Inflated diameter (Unloaded) = 35.75" (@31 PSI)
Inflated diameter (Loaded) = 35.375" (@31 PSI)
Tread Depth = 15/32" (0 miles)
Tread Depth = 12/32" (35K miles)
Maintenance = 5 tire rotation and balance every 5K miles (more frequent balancing needed as they wear)

Experience:

On-Road (Good--when new):

- They will not stay balanced as they wear (at least not for long), more and more weight is needed to balance them and they do not stay balanced as long as other tires have. Rebalancing has been needed between rotations (Discount Tire - Road Force)
- They begin to lose their grip in the rain and snow after about 20-25K miles. I had to drive from Denver to Colorado Springs during the last big snowstorm (speed was greatly reduced due to the conditions) and they are all over the place. They have a 3 peak snow rating, but as they wear effectiveness is reduced on the highway and they will slide in the rain much faster than other tires.
- They are quiet; probably the quietest tire I have had except for Michelin LTX AT2's on my trucks.

Off-road (Jack of all trades and master of none--except maybe powdery snow):

- They work reasonably well in the snow, I have gone through really deep powdery snow and they handled it just fine.
- Loose, deep dry sand will typically find you close to stuck more often than not, wet sand is managed reasonably well.
- Thick clay based mud will find you stuck and flexing your winch muscles. The tread design does not clear sticky mud and you will find they become 4 slicks with zero grip in short order.
- Watery mud is cleared reasonably well, but they are no match for a true M/T.
- They handle rocks "ok", but they will slip and drag you out of your line on side angled inclines and declines.

Noise = 10 (even after 35K miles)
Wear = 9 (even with the weight of my JLUR)
Ride = 7 (9 at first; 4 after 35K miles)
Dry = 9 (even after 35K miles)
Wet = 6 (7 new; 4 after 35K miles)
Snow = 6 (8 off-road--even after 35K miles; 4 on-road after 35K miles)
Mud = 4 (2 in clay/heavy mud; 5 in all other mud)
Sand = 6 (4 in deep dry sand; 8 in wet sand)
Trail = 6 (they can slip in rocks on inclines and declines)
Look = 5 (nothing aggressive or sexy here)
Overall = 6.8
Would I buy again? = No (as a jack of all trades and master of none (except noise and perhaps wear) they are too expensive for what you are getting).
Good summary sorry about your findings. That full quote is "jack of all trades and a master of none is often times better than a master of one"

And your ratings, for a vehicle primarily a daily driver, sound fine to me. My hopes stay high.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good summary sorry about your findings. That full quote is "jack of all trades and a master of none is often times better than a master of one"

And your ratings, for a vehicle primarily a daily driver, sound fine to me. My hopes stay high.
If they were more than half-assed decent at any of the trades (except noise and wear which they excel at), I would probably like them better.

On road - snow and rain are not your friend with KO2's. They lose their stability and traction after 20K miles to the point of being dangerous and I am not talking about driving like Mario Andretti in the snow and rain.

The biggest issue of all though is the balancing. 3 of mine have double (even triple) rows of weights inside the wheel AND hammer weights on the inner rim. They will not stay balanced and frankly, they ride like crap because of that.

There is NO way a tire should have to have that much weight and have to have more weight exponentially added over time to the levels these tires do. I am not the only one who has had this issue so it is not a one-off--it is BFG.

Fingers and toes crossed that you have a different experience--I paid $2450.96 for mine and definitely do not think I got my money's worth.

I will be headed into @Discount Tire one last time to see if they will make good on the warranty and replace these POS tires before I buy a different brand from a different place.

OP
OP
lowmpg

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
If they were more than half-assed decent at any of the trades (except noise and wear which they excel at), I would probably like them better.

On road - snow and rain are not your friend with KO2's. They lose their stability and traction after 20K miles to the point of being dangerous and I am not talking about driving like Mario Andretti in the snow and rain.

The biggest issue of all though is the balancing. 3 of mine have double (even triple) rows of weights inside the wheel AND hammer weights on the inner rim. They will not stay balanced and frankly, they ride like crap because of that.

There is NO way a tire should have to have that much weight and have to have more weight exponentially added over time to the levels these tires do. I am not the only one who has had this issue so it is not a one-off--it is BFG.

Fingers and toes crossed that you have a different experience--I paid $2450.96 for mine and definitely do not think I got my money's worth.

I will be headed into @Discount Tire one last time to see if they will make good on the warranty and replace these POS tires before I buy a different brand from a different place.
That really sucks for you, sounds like my experience with every Nitto tire made.

Sponsored

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Seems like a good place to post this .. hopefully someone can use it to price match the deal I was able to get 3 days ago. I did end up adding a 5th tire before paying.
Jeep Wrangler JL TireRack is giving an instant 300.00 discount on K02s... PXL_20230202_210902609~3

OP
OP
lowmpg

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Seems like a good place to post this .. hopefully someone can use it to price match the deal I was able to get 3 days ago. I did end up adding a 5th tire before paying.
PXL_20230202_210902609~3.jpg
That's incredible ($285 a tire in that size) when those are going for $405 right now on discounttire.com. Can't believe those weigh 81lbs before being put on a rim.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
That's incredible ($285 a tire in that size) when those are going for $405 right now on discounttire.com. Can't believe those weigh 81lbs before being put on a rim.
According to Cooper they are 84lbs per tire. Definitely a heavy tire, especially the 13.5 wide/e rated ones I went with. So far they are so much better on road than the 38" Patagonia mts I had before. Currently on my way to Moab for the day to test them out off-road.

OP
OP
lowmpg

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
According to Cooper they are 84lbs per tire. Definitely a heavy tire, especially the 13.5 wide/e rated ones I went with. So far they are so much better on road than the 38" Patagonia mts I had before. Currently on my way to Moab for the day to test them out off-road.
That's awesome! Biggest tires I've run, not on the JLU of course, were 38x13.5x22's and those things were massive.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
That really sucks for you, sounds like my experience with every Nitto tire made.
Someones always gonna hate something.

I currently have KO2’s on 4 vehicles in my house. 2 F-150’s and 2 Jeeps and have had them on previous vehicles. 1 F-150 has just shy of 40,000 miles and the other Jeep has 26,000. None have any of the issues mentioned above. In fact, the other day I tried teaching my daughter how to handle the rear end getting loose in snow/ice and could not get them to break loose without a dangerous amount of gas.

If I had one complaint, it would be that they can slip slightly on takeoff in the rain. Its typically very brief and easily corrected.
Sponsored