Sponsored

New member and Jeep owner (and some questions)

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
Hello! After sitting on the fence and trying to NOT buy a Jeep for the past month I finally brought one home last night!
I had a '97 TJ 2 door many years ago, didn't have it for long but it was fun. Wow this one is quite different!
I was quite torn, I'm definitely a car guy (sportier the better) so this is kind of the opposite. It sure will be fun and I think it will suit the family's lifestyle just fine.
This one is fairly loaded up. It has leather, 8spd auto, colour matched rood, cold weather group, LED package, the upgraded stereo (kick a$$), tow package.

I'm hoping to get a Bestop NX for it when they become available, some roof bars (go with Mopar?), and as well wondering if anyone knows if floor liners are out?

I see weathertech has the fronts available, but anyone know any for the rear and cargo area? Any other brands to consider?

It has the keyless enter and go listed - is this where you touch the door handles and it locks/unlocks on it's own?

What's everyone doing for mud flaps? Yay or nay?

Going in for 3M and window tinting tomorrow!

IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_4255.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4261.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
You have the freedom open in Alberta! Veteran Jeep move there...its not winter unless its below zero Celsius!
LOL - yes the kids insisted!! :) And it was damn near close to zero. -12 this morning brrr

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
It has the keyless enter and go listed - is this where you touch the door handles and it locks/unlocks on it's own?
This is just having the FOB to press the button on it to unlock it. The feature you are talking about is Remote Proximity Keyless Entry.

Sponsored

OP
OP

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
This is just having the FOB to press the button on it to unlock it. The feature you are talking about is Remote Proximity Keyless Entry.
Ah perfect thanks! I had the proximity thing on my last car and it didn't work too well so I'm not too attached to that feature.

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
Love the color BLACK. Waiting for my JL Sport 2-door in a couple weeks, Welcome to the community.

OP
OP

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
Love the color BLACK. Waiting for my JL Sport 2-door in a couple weeks, Welcome to the community.
Thank you! I've never had a black DD, they do look pretty sweet! But I think my car wash budget may get ugly.

Blessdlf

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 jku, 18JLU Rubicon
Hello! After sitting on the fence and trying to NOT buy a Jeep for the past month I finally brought one home last night!
I had a '97 TJ 2 door many years ago, didn't have it for long but it was fun. Wow this one is quite different!
I was quite torn, I'm definitely a car guy (sportier the better) so this is kind of the opposite. It sure will be fun and I think it will suit the family's lifestyle just fine.
This one is fairly loaded up. It has leather, 8spd auto, colour matched rood, cold weather group, LED package, the upgraded stereo (kick a$$), tow package.

I'm hoping to get a Bestop NX for it when they become available, some roof bars (go with Mopar?), and as well wondering if anyone knows if floor liners are out?

I see weathertech has the fronts available, but anyone know any for the rear and cargo area? Any other brands to consider?

What's everyone doing for mud flaps? Yay or nay?

Going in for 3M and window tinting tomorrow!

IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_4255.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4261.JPG
2nd row weathertech is now available for the JL- 2 weeks out on cargo mat

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Congrats. I have the same one. added a few things since purchase but the biggest hit so far with the kids is this. My son pushes it every time we get caught at red light.

IMG_3819 copy.jpg

Sponsored

jdog1969

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2 door
Congrats. I have the same one. added a few things since purchase but the biggest hit so far with the kids is this. My son pushes it every time we get caught at red light.

IMG_3819 copy.jpg
Where did you find that? Off to google I go....