MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
snipe:

JLU is suppose to come with one wheel lock on the spare. That's it.
Mine came with one wheel lock for the spare. Just went to the dealer today and bought the Mopar kit. It´s 50 bucks.
Sponsored

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
I'm going to go check the trunk and the Itemized price sheet.
Two months after i bought my jeep I went today to ask them for the Torx tool set. The guy gave it to me immediately. I think they probably take them and put them in their offices. If you don´t claim they have it for them or for sale may be? The wheel locks he said are not standard. SO I took a Mopar kit today and paid for it. I think it is worth it.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
No fed up dealing with the dealers. First they argue with me about the hole in optioned floor mats. Trying to convince me it is correct to have a hole in the floor mats ... i have to argue with the parts manager and he calls Chrysler and finds out it's the rubber plug in the floor under the carpet that is supposed to fill that hole. Now i go looking for the small torx tool kit with the tools to remove doors and rear camera shroud and it is MIA. Now they are researching weather or not the $57,000.00 Jeep Rubicon i bought is supposed to have a tool kit to remove doors and etc.
Just staggering to me how uninformed they are on the product they are selling.
And OMG don't dare tell them you read that it is supposed to have it on the inter-net.
Honestly been the worst experience trying to buy this automobile in the almost 50 years i have been buying new automobiles...

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
No fed up dealing with the dealers. First they argue with me about the hole in optioned floor mats. Trying to convince me it is correct to have a hole in the floor mats ... i have to argue with the parts manager and he calls Chrysler and finds out it's the rubber plug in the floor under the carpet that is supposed to fill that hole. Now i go looking for the small torx tool kit with the tools to remove doors and rear camera shroud and it is MIA. Now they are researching weather or not the $57,000.00 Jeep Rubicon i bought is supposed to have a tool kit to remove doors and etc.
And OMG don't dare tell them you read that it is supposed to have it on the inter-net.
Honestly been the worst experience trying to buy this automobile in the almost 50 years i have been buying new automobiles...
Make note of this when you get your survey. I’ll say this from experience- they get read. I won’t get into a ton of details, but I had a very angering experience a few years back at a Jeep dealership (buying my first jeep). Explained this on a survey. Fast forward - lifetime maintenance and 500 credit for parts of my choice.

Though it doesn’t seem like it at times, Jeep really does care and they do try to make things right.

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
Mine came with no tool set. When reading in this blog that I should have one I went to the dealer. The guy told me sometimes they come with it some times don't. Like a random issue. But he told me, "don´t worry, to remove the top you may use your own tool set". Then I realize the tool set is on the window sticker and show it to him. So he went to his office and bring me one. But assuming it was like a gift from him. LOL. Then I asked him about the "soft top" on my list too. He was all confused. He said it was a mistake because my car is a hard top. I insisted the two tops appears on the list and soft was on the basic standard equipment´s list and top on the optional. He finally came with his "solution". He said the soft top was the soft plastic in top of the running boards, since running boards are the next item on the list. Then he said, come on and confirm on this other JK. When we went to the showroom that JK have same items on the list, but for his surprise the running boards item is not the following item in that list. That confuses him more and came up again with his theory that was a mistake.

I asked him please don't try to convince me with lies. Just if he don't know the true to say that. Then I left to later realize the soft top appears later as "deleted".

I want to make some time to go to the dealer and let him know the truth, so if other client go and ask for the "soft top" he may have the true and don't try to lie the clients.

Sponsored

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I hate all that after- sale special package crap. Pure profit for the dealer and they prey on knowing people are worried about protecting something they just dropped big money on.

One dealer (Toyota) tried selling us etching the vin into the Windows as a theft prevention deal. We refused the cost but the Windows were already etched.

jamotn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT500,'15 Mustang GT, '14 Juke.'12 HD,'18 Indian Scout
Dont let it ruin your car buying experience. All dealers for all the cars and motorcycles I buy are the same. They have zero knowledge of the products they sell. Its a shame but but thats way it is. Thanx to forums like this, at least we can educate ourselves .

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
I felt your pain. Holes in the floor mats? Can you show me a pic of what your talking about? I did get the tool kit. I paid just like you. It better come with everything. Did you get Dual Top? We did. Waiting on Top Lift pros item to come in, so we can start adding the premium soft top for the summer time.

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
While I am coming in on the tail-end of this discussion, please excuse me if I'm a bit "off target" on this discussion. I also purchased an extended warranty...HOWEVER...let me explain my rationale for it...and NORMALLY...I would never purchase an extended warranty. My rationale for purchasing the extended warranty is because of the new 8-speed transmission. I generally won't purchase a first year model vehicle...as the JL is...until after it has been around for more than a year...but my lack of patience and the excitement over a new Jeep got the best of me :surprised:. IMO, I think it takes a year or two to get all of the kinks worked out of a new model and if you read Consumer Reports at all, this is what they also say. So...again, because this is the first year for the JL, I bought the extended warranty mainly for the transmission. We all know that the 3.6 Pentastar motor is a tried and proven, reliable and dependable motor as it has been around for some time now so I have no issues with that. But this is the first year that an 8-speed auto transmission has been paired with that motor so I'm skeptical...at the moment...that it is going to be 100% trouble free. I can only hope that it will be a trouble free component but paying the extra money for the security of knowing that it will be fixed should something come up when it is out of warranty is comforting to me. The price of the extended warranty is also negotiable...at least it was for me and I was pleased with the result and experience that I have had so far.

And yes...I fully agree, treat your vehicle like you would any other $30k, $40k or $50k car by changing the fluids, washing it and doing regular maintenance and it will most likely be fine. I'm a freak when it comes to all of that...in fact, my ex-wife used to make fun of me because of how well I take care of my vehicles, be it a car, motorcycle, boat or plane...she used to say that I took care of those things better than I took care of her :facepalm:. Oh well.
If it makes you feel better, this isn't the first time these two have been "paired up". This Pentastar is used in a lot of vehicles. While it's had a few minor changes to update it it's still the same thing they use in the 300's, Chargers, Vans, etc. And the 8-speed is the same with just bell housing changes to fit the vehicle. This isn't the same "first year" for something like the 2.0L turbo 4 cyl. is going to be. Have family that work at the Kokomo, IN transmission plants that help build these.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Hi all! Just picked up my JLUR a week ago. After reading this thread I went out to the garage to check. I have wheel locks on all 5 tires. The torx tool kit is there. The small package with shrink wrap with connectors is also there. I examined the window sticker and found the torx tool set listed. Am I lucky or just have a good dealer? (Dennis Dillon, Boise, Idaho)

And I opted out of the extended warranty, dealer gave me limited lifetime warranty on powertrain, and refused all after market profit generators.
Sponsored