DSTRAC ultra 70 axle review

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
From what I understand choosing a pinion yoke size is a matter of balance... a stronger pinion yoke transfers the weak point to other components like Diff and transfer case... so a weaker pinion yoke will break before diff, driveshaft, or transfer case... certainly a cheaper failure and easier to repair.. LOL

Thanks for the update..
If you daily drive you would want 1350 as well. Highway driving will be smoother......
Sponsored

Pearl_JLUR

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Since they have blocked me from Social media. I wanted to give my take on these axles:

quoted lead time 8-9 weeks - actual 8-9 months

Shipped me JT axles instead of JL the first go around

Shipped me axles with JK shock mounts the second

Front diff was not sealed properly and locker was not installed correctly

No ebrake mounts anywhere on the axles (thought these were bolt on)

customer service has been of no help and just lied about where my axles were the entire time. They had no problem keeping my money for the 9 months while I didnā€™t have any sight of product.

Iā€™ve talked to people since that canā€™t get replacement parts.

i can provide an update review once I get more miles on them.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Since they have blocked me from Social media. I wanted to give my take on these axles:

customer service has been of no help and just lied about where my axles were the entire time. They had no problem keeping my money for the 9 months while I didnā€™t have any sight of product.

Who's these axles? DSTRAC ? If so, their off my shortlist and now it's Fusion.

Since they have blocked me from Social media.

They block everyone of your fake social media accounts and all the others you've created? Time to start posting PSA's in every off road building forum.

It sounds like they're making money. My fear was I'd buy the axles, they'd be shipped correctly and worked perfectly for a year, then I'd need some proprietary component and they're out of business in the USA.

And your build link?

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

They block everyone of your fake social media accounts and all the others you've created? Time to start posting PSA's in every off road building forum.

It sounds like they're making money. My fear was I'd buy the axles, they'd be shipped correctly and worked perfectly for a year, then I'd need some proprietary component and they're out of business in the USA.

And your build link?
My Sentiments as well.
Fusion was almost my go to, until the UD60 black Friday sale where I just made the plunge, lol.

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Dude out at Winter 4x4 Jamboree from NV also had a similar story. Ordered axles months ago, they lied about the delivery date and have now blocked him. He is doing a credit card chargeback.

At least that was his story, which I have no reason to doubt given the above. I would love to buy too, but that's too many bad stories IMO.

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
My semi float Fusion 40 spline 60 rear is arriving next Tuesday. I dont know if I'll go full floats. Maybe. šŸ˜ I'm running 39" KM3s on Hutchinsons. 135#s at each corner on 4:88s. (the Fusion 60 is also geared at 4:88s) We'll see. LOL

Last edited:

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I would have gone at least 5.13:1
If I had to do it over again, I would have gone 5:13s. I would go even deeper if I go full float 1 tons. LOL

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Quite right :) 5.38 FTW. I dont think 5.86 can be programed, at least Ive not seen 5.86 in Tazer or Flashcal+

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Well this doesn't make me happy are you saying it took them 8 to 9 months to get you the first set of wrong axles? They told me mine would be shipped out next week and if not I'm going to give them until February and then I will be canceling the order. They're basically using Ford stuff so any replacement parts you could find at other distributors. I'm hoping that yours and the other guys in isolated incident I was really looking forward to trying these out and I have sold my other axles already.

Sponsored

Pearl_JLUR

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

And your build link?
Havent done a build thread, but here is a quick rundown.
2020 JLUR
Dirty life beadlocks
40ā€ Maxxis RAZRā€™s
3.5ā€ Gamechanger with Fox 2.5 shocks (moving to WFO longarm)
Adamā€™s 1350 driveshafts

Pearl_JLUR

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well this doesn't make me happy are you saying it took them 8 to 9 months to get you the first set of wrong axles? They told me mine would be shipped out next week and if not I'm going to give them until February and then I will be canceling the order. They're basically using Ford stuff so any replacement parts you could find at other distributors. I'm hoping that yours and the other guys in isolated incident I was really looking forward to trying these out and I have sold my other axles already.
6 months on the first set, another month for the second (it was a shipping error), another month or so on the correct brackets to ship. Even though they had many posts of KL axles in stock ready to ship. Couldnā€™t undo 4 bolts to ship them to me. Had to wait for them to come via boat from Brazil. I have multiple emails saying they were about ready to ship over that timeframe. I wish I would have paid via CC, as they would have fought this.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine on Black Friday and he told me they were going to ship out this week. They had axles in stock but I wanted to go to 513 gearing The reason why I had to wait we'll see how this goes because I've already sent him an email saying that I heard that they're having issues getting axles to people and I'm not going to wait forever I will just cancel keep what I have. I'll definitely post here with any updates thanks for the heads up!

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6 months on the first set, another month for the second (it was a shipping error), another month or so on the correct brackets to ship. Even though they had many posts of KL axles in stock ready to ship. Couldnā€™t undo 4 bolts to ship them to me. Had to wait for them to come via boat from Brazil. I have multiple emails saying they were about ready to ship over that timeframe. I wish I would have paid via CC, as they would have fought this.
I'm actually going to put in a call to them and complain and let them know that if they're trying to establish themselves in the US, blocking people off of social media that are unhappy is not the way to do it. I've talked to the guy over at RPM steering and I guarantee you he doesn't want to be associated with any company that's doing that type of behavior.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay this is an update Dstrac just called me and I talked to him and he had quite a bit of different story about the axle shipments now I don't know if you're the same guy he was talking about or whatever but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because every time I've contacted them they've contacted me the same day or the next day and this was no different. As of this point mine are built they're just waiting to get a shipping time and he said he'll call or send me an email tomorrow once he has that information. He did mention that they had a little bit of an issue with a customer who wanted e-lockers and they told them that it would take a little bit longer to get those that if they wanted to go with air lockers it would be faster and they also offered to refund the money if he didn't want to wait ,but that customer didn't want to do that... Now I don't know who that is and I'm not going to get in the middle of this I'm going to give them like I said the benefit of the doubt and see how this goes.... I'll post back here tomorrow once I find out from them what's the shipping date.
Sponsored