wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
First off, sorry for your loss. Second, how is it?
I enjoyed it. It is also part of a new tradition so It is a year to the next sample.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
325462E6-12E6-4C6A-8608-31B324F0534E.jpeg
Within hours of picking up the Wench’s JLURD in October, we toured the Jack Daniels distillery. The small bottle in front is single barrel and 131.4 proof. The Sinatra was a pricey buy and we’ll break it open for special occasions.
While I am not a fan of the lower grade common Jack Daniels, I do enjoy everything from Gentleman's Jack Daniels and up.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Great write up! I was just at Costco and didn’t even look. Now I’m going to have to give it a try.
Please let me know, I think you will enjoy, if not then put in your BBQ sauce, kinda like sending someone to the "train station"...

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoyed it. It is also part of a new tradition so It is a year to the next sample.
Sorry you lost a friend. Love that bottle; fantastic juice. Friendly reminder that, once he bottle gets close to half empty, that you should put it in a smaller decanter. Would hate for that to oxidize and ruin the yearly toast!

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Huge SALE on Blanton's

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales...5d19a/straight-from-the-barrel-bourbon-700-ml

roduct Description
Master Distiller Elmer T. Lee created the first single barrel bourbon in 1984, drawing inspiration from Colonel Albert Bacon Blanton's practice of singling out handpicked barrels and bottling them one at a time for VIPs back in the 1940s. He named it Blanton's Single Barrel. After the Original 93 proof and the Gold 103 proof were created, Blanton's Straight from the Barrel Bourbon was introduced. Created for connoisseurs familiar with cask strength whiskeys, Straight from the Barrel is unfiltered, uncut, and truly unbelievable.
On the nose this bourbon presents notes of dark chocolate, caramel, and butter with earthy undertones of walnut and hazelnut. The palate delivers warm vanilla, oak, toasted nuts, and a rich spiciness with hints of butterscotch. The high volume is intense and powerful, yet warm and inviting. Straight from the Barrel Bourbon is best served neat or with a splash of water.
Product Details
  • OriginUnited States
— Volume: 700 ml
— Alcohol Percentage: 65%
— Proof: 130
— Age: 6-8 Years
— Geographical Indication: Kentucky, United States
— Disclaimer: Someone 21 years or older must be present to sign for delivery.

Don't spend all your savings in one place!

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Huge SALE on Blanton's

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales...5d19a/straight-from-the-barrel-bourbon-700-ml

roduct Description
Master Distiller Elmer T. Lee created the first single barrel bourbon in 1984, drawing inspiration from Colonel Albert Bacon Blanton's practice of singling out handpicked barrels and bottling them one at a time for VIPs back in the 1940s. He named it Blanton's Single Barrel. After the Original 93 proof and the Gold 103 proof were created, Blanton's Straight from the Barrel Bourbon was introduced. Created for connoisseurs familiar with cask strength whiskeys, Straight from the Barrel is unfiltered, uncut, and truly unbelievable.
On the nose this bourbon presents notes of dark chocolate, caramel, and butter with earthy undertones of walnut and hazelnut. The palate delivers warm vanilla, oak, toasted nuts, and a rich spiciness with hints of butterscotch. The high volume is intense and powerful, yet warm and inviting. Straight from the Barrel Bourbon is best served neat or with a splash of water.
Product Details
  • OriginUnited States

Only $200 over SRP. And I can make payments. I'll take 2! 🤣

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Huge SALE on Blanton's

roduct Description
Product Details
  • OriginUnited States

I love Blanton’s. Hard pass.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have opinions about Russell’s Reserve? I picked up a bottle because it’s aged 10 years which is in the age range that I usually like (8-12).
I've had the Russell's reserve 10 year, it's not bad, not great either but I'd still drink it if someone offered

Sponsored

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Heading to a Bourbon and Bacon event tonight. A lot of stuff on the sample list!

Clyde Mays Sp Rsv 6yr Clyde Mays Straight Rye Bradshaw Ky Straight Bradshaw Ky Rye Four Roses Small Batch Select Four Roses Sng Barrel 100 Buffalo Chip American Wyoming Whiskey Sm Batch Boulder Single Malt Amber Oak Boulder Bottled in Bond Whistle Pig Rye 10yr Whistle Pig Dbl Malt Rye 18yr Whistle Pig Straight Rye 12yr Coopers Craft 100 Gentleman Jack Jack Daniels Sng Brl Proof Jack Daniels Bonded Jack Daniels Single Barrel Twice Brld Old Forester 1870 Old Forester 1897 Old Forester 1920 Old Forester Statesman Old Forester 1910 Woodford Rsv Straight Rye Woodford Rsv Double Oak Amador Dbl Barrel Wheat Chard Smooth Ambler 92 Smooth Ambler 105 Rye Jefferson Rsv Jefferson Ocean Jefferson Ocean Rye Rabbit Hole Boxer Grail Rye Rabbit Hole Dareinger Sherry Cask Templeton Rye 6yr Templeton Rye 10yr Davies County Toasted Davies County Lightly Toasted Davies County French Oak Yellowstone Select 93 Thomas S. Moore Port Wsk Thomas S. Moore Cab Wsk Rebel Yell Single Brl 10yr Blantons Buffalo Trace Buffalo Trace Cream Elmer T. Lee 90 E.H. Taylor Brl Proof Sazerac Rye 6yr Weller Sp Rsv Weller C.Y.P.B Weller Full Proof Belfour 92 Duke 88 Elijah Craig Sm Batch Nelson Brothers Blended Old Elk Four Grain Old Elk Str Wheated Caribou Crossing Calumet Farms 15yr Calumet Farms 16yr Calumet Farms 8yr Kentucky Owl Confiscated Michters Rye Sng Brl Michters Small Batch Michters Small Batch Sour Mash Rock Filter Red Rider Rye Rock Filter Black Hammer Bourbon Rock Filter Giants of the Earth Rock Filter Fence Jumper Blackfork Farms Bourbon Clay Turner Rock River Old 48 Rock River Dbl Brl Spirits by Glacial Lakes

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got this yesterday. It was causing quite a stir here in KY. Long lines etc. Quite expensive at $60 for a 375
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... A0748432-85A7-4749-8423-CD418B54EBDA
Saw that yesterday at COSTCO, it caught my attention on the Double Double OAKED! I forgot what COSTCO was selling it for, but it not expensive for what I thought the bottle was. I knew I did nmot want to expermint with the kind of money...I have a bottle of $125 + tax sitting on bar now. I poured a shot and went out and siphoned some stale kerosene out of rusty can and drank that instead. It tasted better.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
How do you suppose it's different from the standard Double Oak?
Not sure. I like the double oak. This was all the buzz hear locally so FOMO I got a bottle. I guess it only comes out once every couple of years and is limited. Can't validate that for sure. I had not seen it before in the stores that's for sure.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Checked off another distillery yesterday. Jeptha Creed. We love visiting, hearing the history and tasting of course. We drive by this one all the time and yesterday finally decided to pop in. No tours currently but you can sign up for a tasting. Cool story of a very young distillery (est 2016). Family owned (nice to see a couple of these still around). Everything they do comes from their family and their property all grown from "grain to glass" they call it. Their niche is they use Butcher Blood Corn. It is a specific red corn. We have done about 12 or so distilleries and tours and you could see this one was different from the rest of the "corporate" ones. Cool bar, cool restaurant (we will go back during the summer).

The bourbon. They have 3 to try. Unfortunately all their bourbon I think is just too young. Oldest is 4 years so to my very weak palate they all were just ok except for the Rye offering. If you like rye, which I do, it was good and at $50 I left with a bottle. They are very supportive of Vets and had a RWB (Red, White, Blue) bourbon made from a mixture of their red, white and blue corn varieties they grow. Again only 4 yrs old and at $92 it was not good enough for me to leave with a bottle.

So the reason for writing this review. If you are ever in KY, driving from Louisville to Lexington on your way to the bourbon trail stop right off the interstate and visit this place. It is very cool and support the few left family owned distilleries.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... IMG_3228

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... IMG_3229

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... IMG_3230

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... IMG_3231

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... IMG_3232
Sponsored

Last edited: