P&PJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yes….. just a small amount on mine. Only the front skid. I just had knock down the weld on the inside, it wasn’t a big deal at all….I actually forgot about it, lol….
Thanks
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got the ARB front and rear. I thought they were pretty easy to install and I think they look real nice.

I did have two issues though. On both Jeeps, the bolt holes in the diff housing that straddle the axle tube weren’t threaded deep enough. I needed to use a tap to get the new bolts all the way in. You may not have to do it but be prepared to.

One of the covers also had the wrong bolts with coarse threads included with it. Recommend pulling one factory bolt to compare threads before taking them all out.

This pic is after scwacking it on a rock and I ain’t even skurd.
86F0EEB7-ABAC-4D6F-86F2-978C175B8C9B.jpeg
that's what my ARBs look like now.. they can take massive hits at speed too.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
they can take massive hits at speed too
I'm gonna say this falls under the category of: "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" ;)

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely but I've run down CO trails with the adjustable shocks at speeds that terrify. when I've spent 7am-2pm running a trail I'm searching for blacktop haha

P&PJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Absolutely but I've run down CO trails with the adjustable shocks at speeds that terrify. when I've spent 7am-2pm running a trail I'm searching for blacktop haha
Have you ran John Bull and the trail in Marble past Crystal Mill? They both are on my bucket list..

Sponsored

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I also have both ARB front and rear. They are straight forward to install NO issues at all. They are lower profile then OE and bullet proof. Fill holes are awesome and dipsticks. I have zero scrubbing and the finish is perfect with recessed bolt holes. We also considered the Spicer ones.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Have you ran John Bull and the trail in Marble past Crystal Mill? They both are on my bucket list..
Question wasn't for me, but there are a couple trails past Crystal Mill. Lead King Basin is a decent trail, but not too difficult. I have ran that. If you're referring to Schofield Pass, I have not. The spot above Devil's Punch Bowl is scary. I have ran Black Bear Pass and that spot there makes me more scared than BB Pass!

We have hiked up there and I watched a Lexus GX70 that looked like he was about to roll coming down there. I'm sure it's more nerves than anything. I know I could run it without issue.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
I kept it in house….. went with Dana.. and a Rancho skid, that I color matched……

4E196728-9CF4-4215-83E4-98880D9CCD48.jpeg
Same. They're stout and especially in silver, sort of "stock+" good looking. They come in DANA blue too, but I went with the same silver you're showing. Easy to put on, used same gasket, no mess, no fuss.

P&PJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Question wasn't for me, but there are a couple trails past Crystal Mill. Lead King Basin is a decent trail, but not too difficult. I have ran that. If you're referring to Schofield Pass, I have not. The spot above Devil's Punch Bowl is scary. I have ran Black Bear Pass and that spot there makes me more scared than BB Pass!

We have hiked up there and I watched a Lexus GX70 that looked like he was about to roll coming down there. I'm sure it's more nerves than anything. I know I could run it without issue.
Thanks, yes I was referring to Schofield Pass. I ran Black Bear in 2021 then again with another group in 2022. Not as bad the second time. Want to run Schifield Pass but having a hard time getting someone to go, especially after I told the group Black Bear isn't that bad.. Maybe some day but the biological clock keeps ticking.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You know, Crystal Mill has been on my bucket list since I moved out here 3 years ago but there's just SO much, SO many trails, hundreds, and many are so much closer to my home I can make a quick spontaneous, unplanned day trip. I work so much and haven't taken more than a week off work in the 3 years that I've been here. I've done all the major mountain passes on multi-day trips (4 hours to the san juans) and a ton of local stuff over and over and over (gold camp, old stage, rampart), slaughterhouse, Switzerland out around boulder. China wall, bunce, bill moore. A bunch along I-70 that are easier to get to. It's just a mecca of offroad here in CO. It's been fun no doubt!

It would take 20 years to see it all with a normal persons work schedule. I really wish I'd moved here 20 years ago but now it's so expensive I'm looking to move up to WY and just commute when I need the office in Denver.

Sponsored

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Same. They're stout and especially in silver, sort of "stock+" good looking. They come in DANA blue too, but I went with the same silver you're showing. Easy to put on, used same gasket, no mess, no fuss.
I just installed the dana blue covers. Did you also have issues with the bolts? When I installed the front cover 2 bolts kept tightening to the point to where I am ceratin they were about to shear. I left those as is for future me to deal with when I need to remove the cover.

I reused the factory bolts on the back with no issues. And yes I used a torque wrench when tightening them. It was set to 30 ft/lbs.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the dana blue covers. Did you also have issues with the bolts? When I installed the front cover 2 bolts kept tightening to the point to where I am ceratin they were about to shear. I left those as is for future me to deal with when I need to remove the cover.

I reused the factory bolts on the back with no issues. And yes I used a torque wrench when tightening them. It was set to 30 ft/lbs.
It has been a while, but I do remember fearing I was over tightening - or had my wrench set wrong… ended up backing off all bolts 5 ftlbs or so… don’t want to risk the headache of shearing. And no leaks.

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
@Bocephus @Roky
Any clearance issues with the rear Rancho skid while running an RK rear trackbar relocation bracket?

I have a brand new MC golden diaper I was planning on running but I can’t die to the bracket, but I do have the Dana diff covers.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Bocephus @Roky
Any clearance issues with the rear Rancho skid while running an RK rear trackbar relocation bracket?

I have a brand new MC golden diaper I was planning on running but I can’t die to the bracket, but I do have the Dana diff covers.
No issues, it clamps over the pinion instead of axle tubes.
Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers 8BC12A6D-85BF-430B-9B63-A17C39C54E74

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
Will any skids work WITH the Dana cover?
Sponsored