ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I know they aren’t as Gucci as the NVM and equivalent bellypan skids, but, for the price these things are pretty damn solid. Coverage seems more than adequate and the mounting hardware is somewhat recessed. It’ll be interesting to see how well these hold up to a pounding on the Rubicon next year but I am convinced they will perform just fine. DEF skid came in yesterday as well, I’ll get photos up of that once it’s on. Same with their diff skids. All in all I’m optimistic, it’s not Chinesium, and they seem to have excellent customer service.

More photos to follow when I get a chance.

0D3D07AE-AFAC-432F-8F93-058CF691C199.jpeg
Sponsored

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Update on the def skid?

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Update on the def skid?
Yes! The DEF skid does fit with the OEM steel bumper. The only fitment issues I ran into was there is a flared bracket the bumper uses to slide over what looks like a rear crossmember. I simply pounded it flat with a BFH and it was good. The other issue was just adjacent to the above referenced bracket (circled in red), there’s a third hole the skid bolts up to. The plastic bumper must not utilize these mounting points, so they are normally all open and flush. Because both sides of the bumper used the outer holes for the flares bracket but not the middle one, I stacked a couple of washers to give a bit of stand off so they were all even. No big deal.

55ED048B-BB80-4FFC-AD52-0602C169F0A3.jpeg

3FF523A4-EA22-4EB1-AA45-684328A7C86D.jpeg

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

How is the fuel filter access with these skids?
Eh. You’d have to pull the skid to access it. One of the few drawbacks but I can live with it for the price.
Sponsored