Sponsored

Front Doors off only - how to automatically unlock rear doors and trunk?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Weird question - I tend to run with the front doors off only and leaving my rear doors on since I have 2 young'ens. Obviously when I am driving, I have it set to lock doors - so when I stop, and shut off, I get out, but then my rear doors and trunk are still locked. Is there a way to get them to unlock without having to use my key fob???
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Open the tailgate?

If you have proximity entry that is.

OP
OP
From0toJ

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Negative - no proximity entry. The tailgate/trunk is also locked.

Yep that's what I did. Was hoping there was a setting or something I could change???
I don’t think this is possible with the doors off. There is an auto door unlock setting in UConnect but it requires you to open the driver door. Not sure how that would work with doors removed.

I suppose you could leave the rear doors unlocked and activate the child proof door latch if you are worried about kids opening door from inside.

Sponsored

JeepTrek

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Subaru Tribeca 2014 Subaru Outback
I don’t think this is possible with the doors off. There is an auto door unlock setting in UConnect but it requires you to open the driver door. Not sure how that would work with doors removed.

I suppose you could leave the rear doors unlocked and activate the child proof door latch if you are worried about kids opening door from inside.
I've been just using the key FOB to unlock the doors when I get out

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'd imagine that "mother FCA" will sell you the electric connector that you disconnected and put in one of the front door's you removed map holder for safety, to which you could take the 3 leads that control door open/close and ground in this connector, and attach them to a toggle switch....And plug this connector into the door port while your door and its electrical connector is stored away....

Just a thought.

OP
OP
From0toJ

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I've been just using the key FOB to unlock the doors when I get out
I'd imagine that "mother FCA" will sell you the electric connector that you disconnected and put in one of the front door's you removed map holder for safety, to which you could take the 3 leads that control door open/close and ground in this connector, and attach them to a toggle switch....And plug this connector into the door port while your door and its electrical connector is stored away....

Just a thought.
Thanks for all the help guys - it sounds like you’re all in the same boat as I am = using the key fob to unlock. I was hoping there was a setting so that once you shut the car off, it just opens all doors. :(
Sponsored