Sponsored

Best method to hang JL doors in garage?

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Looks good 👍🏻. I almost went with offroad concepts for my half doors. I was looking at their two door solution since mine is on a wall that needs to stay thin kinda :). I ended up grabbing a set of Rugged Ridge off FB pretty cheap and works well. You will see I already had ARCs mounted before I bought set of half doors. I still prefer the ARCs for full doors. I keep a thin piece of foam between armrest and wall, may work for you between doors. 🤷‍♂️

EE2C6507-E3CD-4C8F-81B7-5BC58B77ED4D.jpeg
Going back to an older thread but bought some half doors, so am looking for the best solution to hang both full and half doors. It seemed the hinge hangers had an issue on the full doors with the metal retention hinge hitting, so it’s best to have the ARC hangers (full doors) and the ORC hinge hangers (half doors with no metal retention piece)?

@hoag4147 - have you tried your full doors on the hinge hangers?

I did read on the description of the new ORC “stowaway” 4 door hanger it now says - “The updated design is built wider to accommodate newer Jeep Wranglers and Gladiator door limiters but was created for all years of the Wranglers/Gladiators alike.”:

https://offroadconceptsfl.com/products/the-stowaway

@guarnibl - have you hung the full doors on the ORC stowaway and were there any issues with the retention hinge or did the new design solve that issue? Also, any other issues with parts of the door rubbing as described with the older model?

@moments.by.ron @ungardo @swimman @mjaga @11bguy @Neanderthalman @ChimpanZed @BrntWS6 @ps2baseball @lightsout @Brew211 @brewtus98

I was going to go with the extreme terrain ones but now wondering if they have the same metal retention part hitting:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/steinjager-door-hanger-black-2018-jl.html#customer_reviews

Thanks for any thoughts!
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have not tried full doors since I have the ARCs and the way I mounted for half doors would interfere with full doors. Sorry, no help.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
ARC is the best one I've seen and that's what I use very heavy duty

Screenshot_20200510-220110_Gallery.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Going back to an older thread but bought some half doors, so am looking for the best solution to hang both full and half doors. It seemed the hinge hangers had an issue on the full doors with the metal retention hinge hitting, so it’s best to have the ARC hangers (full doors) and the ORC hinge hangers (half doors with no metal retention piece)?

I did read on the description of the new ORC “stowaway” 4 door hanger it now says - “The updated design is built wider to accommodate newer Jeep Wranglers and Gladiator door limiters but was created for all years of the Wranglers/Gladiators alike.”:

https://offroadconceptsfl.com/products/the-stowaway

@guarnibl - have you hung the full doors on the ORC stowaway and were there any issues with the retention hinge or did the new design solve that issue? Also, any other issues with parts of the door rubbing as described with the older model?

@moments.by.ron @ungardo @swimman @mjaga @11bguy @Neanderthalman @ChimpanZed @BrntWS6 @ps2baseball @lightsout @Brew211 @brewtus98

I was going to go with the extreme terrain ones but now wondering if they have the same metal retention part hitting:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/steinjager-door-hanger-black-2018-jl.html#customer_reviews

Thanks for any thoughts!
Just don't use wheelbarrow hangers They will put an indention on the rubber and your doors could leak when you put them back on after that happened to a few people

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yes, I have hung both half and full doors on the ORC stowaway. They work very well as I have limited room between the wall and area where a vehicle would park (18") -- and to the right of where these doors hang, are ~18" deep storage closets. Technically speaking, the full doors want to kind of swing out a bit at first, you just have to position them right and for me they do not move at that point. The only parts that touch are the interior part against the other doors mirror -- so no paint on paint. I avoided hanging them like in the picture on the web site for that reason. As such, they extend out a tad further, but are still within the 18" depth that I was restricted to.

They do lean a bit if you can tell in the picture. Not really sure why, but they've been great. Swapped them on and off multiple times at this point and I've been using this for maybe a ~9 months now? I might try to put them like on the web site and then secure them in a way where the paint doesn't touch paint. But the lean like that hasn't caused any issue that I'm aware of.

edit: I think the link is normal as their site shows others leaning slightly as well here -- O.R.C 4-Door Hanger for '20-'21 Jeep Gladiator – OFF-ROAD CONCEPTS,LLC (offroadconceptsfl.com)

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? IMG-1709

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
ARC is the best one I've seen and that's what I use very heavy duty

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? IMG-1709
They are pretty much all the same except ARC cost more. I was going to buy the ARC however I dcided to try the cheaper ones on Ebay/Amazon (it hs been 5 years now) they are fine and i have 3 sets of doors Stock, Best Top two Piece Fabric, and Tube 1/2 doors. So at any given time I have two-three sets of doors hanging on my walls as I have two Wranglers a 2018 JL and a 2021 4xe. I have seen the ARC's as well as severl of the knock offs the only thing different is ARC's name on them it is just a bent piece of metal...

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? Top Storage

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I got mine on sale so they won't really that expensive but a lot of times stuff is the same right. I put the black noodle and cut it in half and put it inside the holder that way my tube doors don't get scratched I have the tube doors and it's metal gets metal so I put that black noodle in there I don't know if you run two doors or any kind of door or not at all with my kids and my dog I feel safer having some kind of door there He puts his paws on there and he strapped in that way I feel safer

Screenshot_20200716-153706_Gallery.jpg

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Yes, I have hung both half and full doors on the ORC stowaway. They work very well as I have limited room between the wall and area where a vehicle would park (18") -- and to the right of where these doors hang, are ~18" deep storage closets. Technically speaking, the full doors want to kind of swing out a bit at first, you just have to position them right and for me they do not move at that point. The only parts that touch are the interior part against the other doors mirror -- so no paint on paint. I avoided hanging them like in the picture on the web site for that reason. As such, they extend out a tad further, but are still within the 18" depth that I was restricted to.

They do lean a bit if you can tell in the picture. Not really sure why, but they've been great. Swapped them on and off multiple times at this point and I've been using this for maybe a ~9 months now? I might try to put them like on the web site and then secure them in a way where the paint doesn't touch paint. But the lean like that hasn't caused any issue that I'm aware of.

edit: I think the link is normal as their site shows others leaning slightly as well here -- O.R.C 4-Door Hanger for '20-'21 Jeep Gladiator – OFF-ROAD CONCEPTS,LLC (offroadconceptsfl.com)

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? Screenshot_20200716-153706_Gallery
Awesome - thanks for the info, very helpful. So when positioned correctly these come out 18” or less than that?

The other part I was curious about is the door edge where the hinges mount - there’s no rubbing on the stowaway holder?

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Awesome - thanks for the info, very helpful. So when positioned correctly these come out 18” or less than that?

The other part I was curious about is the door edge where the hinges mount - there’s no rubbing on the stowaway holder?
Yep, that's as advertised per their site re: how far they stick out.

No, mine do not rub on the stowaway holder.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just don't use wheelbarrow hangers They will put an indention on the rubber and your doors could leak when you put them back on after that happened to a few people
Maybe if the doors are hanging for a month. I've left mine hanging for over a week on tubular hose hangers from the dollar store with no ill effects at all. Not even an indentation on the rubber.
Is there a post about the rubber getting deformed?

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Thanks for the help - ORC stowaway was delivered quickly with no issues.

Here‘s the summer gear ready and waiting to go on in a couple of months:
Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? D45E1540-3301-4726-998C-2F72B513565D

it also came with a couple of latches for the wall to lock in the doors, but haven’t decided whether to use them yet.