Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
I am planning on getting the JT when it is released in 2019. I have never tried to order a new vehicle and get it ASAP.

What is the best way to get your hands on some of the 1st available JT's? Should I get to the dealer 1st light when the ordering banks open up? Will the dealers have some available before I can receive a special ordered from the factory? Would it help if I drove to the closest dealer to the factory for a speedy delivery?

I have made up my mind that the JT is what I want. Why not try to have the 1st in town?
Sponsored

PSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I haven't bought a new car from dealer in a long time too but I know that some dealers (not necessarily Jeep) take a small deposit to get on a waiting list for highly anticipated cars so you might want to start calling around when the JT is first officially announced/revealed to see if anyone will take a deposit that early.

And even if you can't find a dealer taking deposits for the JT before order banks open, you should be able to find one who'll take your deposit as soon as order banks open. So just pay close attention to when ordering opens so you can act right away.

Rockcrawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and Bikes
This^ Just be prepared for pay a hefty markup for being one of the first.

Speaking of, no offense but how can you be so sure you want one when next to nothing is known about it. Do you have a budget? What if it's 40k or more?

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
This^ Just be prepared for pay a hefty markup for being one of the first.
Definitely expect some price gouging at dealers for the first JL/JLU/JT to come in, if not in the form of straight price markup over MSRP then they'll load it up with all kinds of dealer added options (theft recovery system, paint protection, underbody protection, etc.). Too bad there's some who will pay it and reinforce such behavior :(

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my personal tip on getting a good price on a Wrangler and its how I bought my current JKU.

If you join Tread Lightly and buy the $100 membership you can buy any FCA vehicle for 1% BELOW INVOICE. On top of that any incentives can come off that. I ordered my JKU and paid $2,500 below invoice on it. So long as FCA stays a Tread Lightly partner through 2019 I will do the same again.

Sponsored

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Same here, that's how I got mine below invoice. I would not be surprised if they excluded the JT from this plan since it is a totally new vehicle and demand is sure to be higher than supply, at least initially. Whether dealers will have some before you can receive an ordered one will depend on allocations and production lead time on special ordered JT's.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, that's how I got mine below invoice. I would not be surprised if they excluded the JT from this plan since it is a totally new vehicle and demand is sure to be higher than supply, at least initially. Whether dealers will have some before you can receive an ordered one will depend on allocations and production lead time on special ordered JT's.
I hope they don't exclude it that would be lame as I would just wait it out then. Usually its just on SRT models which are limited production.

I also worked with a dealership where I sent them 4 others that purchased Wranglers, so they owe me a hook up. I always told them I would be back when the diesel model comes out but with todays announcement I might have to get the Turbo 4 instead.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
I hope they don't exclude it that would be lame as I would just wait it out then. Usually its just on SRT models which are limited production.

I also worked with a dealership where I sent them 4 others that purchased Wranglers, so they owe me a hook up. I always told them I would be back when the diesel model comes out but with todays announcement I might have to get the Turbo 4 instead.
Agreed not being able to get the Tread Lightly discount means you'd have to deal with any markups and I bet the JT diesel gets delayed even more and when it comes out they'll be all that pent up demand and low production. I would consider the 4 cyl too depending on the specs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.