Status
Not open for further replies.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Hey...do you guys have a store-front...or the capability for someone to stop by and purchase a top on-site? I'm in Salado, TX and was just considering a road-trip and was thinking about heading out your way sometime soon.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Hey...do you guys have a store-front...or the capability for someone to stop by and purchase a top on-site? I'm in Salado, TX and was just considering a road-trip and was thinking about heading out your way sometime soon.
Send me a PM and we can try to set something up for you!

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Hello @JTopsUSA I'm so happy to have received the new top but cannot locate the installation instructions. Are the JK instructions on your website the same for the JL?

Sponsored

malencar

First Name
Mauro Alencar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Granite Crystal Metallic
@JTopsUSA Mike, I ordered (Titanium) on May 6th, could you give me an estimate of when I should expect it to be shipped?

Thanks in Advance

Mauro

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Bad news. The freedom panel latches are not all accommodated by the JTop Shade. The front ones and middle rear freedom latches are all good and accessible but the rear door side latches on both sides are covered completely by the shade so you must try and slide the latch through the sun shade. IMO this is a flaw in the design and unfortunate. Also the noise levels with just freedom tops off (rear roof on) with shade are very loud at any speeds above 40 mph. Spent a lot of money on this shade and a bit disappointed

Last edited:

JlRubi18

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
Bad news. The freedom panel latches are not all accommodated by the JTop Shade. The front ones and middle rear freedom latches are all good and accessible but the rear door side latches on both sides are covered completely by the shade so you must try and slide the latch the the sun shade. IMO this is a flaw in the design and unfortunate. Also the noise levels with freedom tops on with shade are very loud at any speeds above 40 mph. Spent a lot of money on this shade and a bit disappointed
I should’ve posted my reply here. I just received my JTOP shade and I noticed the same thing, the freedom top handles are completed covered by the shade and hard to access!! Did you notice any drooping or bowing of the shade when you installed your freedom tops?

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I should’ve posted my reply here. I just received my JTOP shade and I noticed the same thing, the freedom top handles are completed covered by the shade and hard to access!! Did you notice any drooping or bowing of the shade when you installed your freedom tops?
Bad news. The freedom panel latches are not all accommodated by the JTop Shade. The front ones and middle rear freedom latches are all good and accessible but the rear door side latches on both sides are covered completely by the shade so you must try and slide the latch the the sun shade. IMO this is a flaw in the design and unfortunate. Also the noise levels with freedom tops on with shade are very loud at any speeds above 40 mph. Spent a lot of money on this shade and a bit disappointed
Can you guys elaborate a little more please, perhaps with some pics? I ordered one and if there are going to be fitment issues, I'll just cancel my order. Thanks

Sponsored

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
The front latches are fine. Droops a little when you must roll it back but that doesnt bother me that much.

20180528_071132.jpg

Rear door side latches are NOT accessible. Completly covered by the sun screen. Alien just came out with there sun shade. I'm curious how they handled the freedom tops.

20180528_071109.jpg

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
There has been no mention of this before. I would like to know more about these issues. I just ordered one friday,and was hesitant about ordering it, since it is the most expensive one out there. I guess it performs like that we are just stuck with it. Looking at your picture of the the side latches, i can't see my wife being able to do that at all.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went to JTop's website, took this pic from there. @JeepJets do you notice if your top has these notches cut out? It seems like they would allow for the rear door side latches to go through there, also the center cut for the middle latches. I know that there are two different style tops they sell, one for hardtop, and one for soft top.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot pic, here it is

231DC2E1-3E70-4F3E-A7A7-48A73DDB9E85.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.