XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
Took delivery of mine on 10/14 and she is currently undergoing a few upgrades :). This is so far… Rugged Ridge HD bumper/Warn Winch/BajaDesigns Squadron Sport pillar lights, Rock Slide Engineering steps and a few others coming this weekend. I love this Jeep!

8211BF4D-614C-4479-9AAE-70D3425EA172.jpeg
That's just Sick!
Sponsored

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's just Sick!
I may load my Jeep down for some camping/hiking, have some firewood, water jugs, ice chest, camping gear...I think it has about 1,200 pounds that I can carry. I calculate myself plus spouse, dog, and basic luggage will be 500lbs leaving only 700lbs to play with. Also, not sure if that is with full tank. I don't know if the the 1,200 lbs is a hard ceiling and I actually need to keep it under 800lbs (this is a question)? I do "need" a winch at some point which means changing bumper. I have a hard top and tow package, and may put rack up top and/or a carried on back...I know the spare may be an issue with putting something on back...keeping my old Commander 4X4 trail rated with V8 as my makeshift pickup as it has tow package...and may have to use it at times for camping. It can get me to some fairly tough trail heads.

shnider10

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
I ordered a 2023 Willys Xtreme on Nov 18. What is my likely delivery date?
1670517150894.png
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread BE2B85D2-36B0-4131-B2EA-13981C79DFF7

Great color choice! You won’t be disappointed!

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread BE2B85D2-36B0-4131-B2EA-13981C79DFF7

Great color choice! You won’t be disappointed!
That is so bad ass!!! Question: The pic of my order shows "Wrangler" in white under Jeep logo. I think it comes as black so just a website issue. Can you confirm?

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That's just Sick!
Looks like my Jeeps twin! There’s something about the white black and red accents.

I was at the dealer today and they had an earl one on display. Really nice color. Never did I appreciate it as much until I seen it in person.

D6A1D121-82BD-4FEB-A05C-84A69F7C3515.jpeg

Sponsored

shnider10

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
That is so bad ass!!! Question: The pic of my order shows "Wrangler" in white under Jeep logo. I think it comes as black so just a website issue. Can you confirm?
Yeah, that’s just an error on the website. It will be blacked out 😎 If you are not a fan of the cloth, the Katzskin leather is totally worth it too!
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread F9CF2384-ED49-476E-8D67-537259196E91

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
And the best advice I can give, having ordered one and waited and watched others waiting, is to NOT get sucked into checking the various trackers constantly and hoping it comes ASAP. Expect it to be a long wait (and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised), and live in the moment in the meantime. People have gotten REALLY miserable waiting for their orders and trying to rush it or understand why it's taking so long.
This! I've ordered MANY jeeps and used to call or use the messenger to check constantly. A few jeeps ago, I decided no more. Now I set a reminder on my phone to check once every month. Out of sight, out of mind. Don't really think about it or care.

Funny thing is, the ones I checked on constantly, took forever to arrive. The last three, 2020, 2021, and 2023 showed up super quick. Ranging from 3 weeks to about 2 months. Rewarded for my patience!

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Yeah, that’s just an error on the website. It will be blacked out 😎 If you are not a fan of the cloth, the Katzskin leather is totally worth it too!
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread F9CF2384-ED49-476E-8D67-537259196E91
Is that Katzkin? I purposely didn't order the leather since I had it in the 4xe. I'm no fatty person by any means but the seats started to show "polish" in the 7k miles I was sliding in and out of it. I figured get the cloth and swap out later.

shnider10

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Is that Katzkin? I purposely didn't order the leather since I had it in the 4xe. I'm no fatty person by any means but the seats started to show "polish" in the 7k miles I was sliding in and out of it. I figured get the cloth and swap out later.
Yeah, these are the Katzskin. They are so nice. They also have a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty at the time you get them installed.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Yeah, these are the Katzskin. They are so nice. They also have a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty at the time you get them installed.
They look amazing! What did it cost you? Dealer put it on or did you go to an auto upholstery shop? Looks like it was built with the Jeep.

Sponsored

shnider10

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
They look amazing! What did it cost you? Dealer put it on or did you go to an auto upholstery shop? Looks like it was built with the Jeep.
Thanks! I was going for the OEM look which these are the same ones Jeep offers from the factory. They were installed after the fact at a Katzskin certified installer. They were $1800 for the leather, install, and lean back embroidery. Well worth it IMO. They are more comfortable than the factory cloth.

CjMiller7

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Gobi XR
I ordered my 22' on March 28th and took delivery July 7th. Granted part of my delay was waiting for Gobi to even go into production. Once it went into production, it was done in 4 days, sat for 4 days waiting for a train, spent 2.5weeks on the train, and then another month in the railyard waiting for a truck for final delivery. Some were shorter than mine, and some were longer than mine but mine was about the average time it was taking at the time of my order. So I would tend to agree with what others are saying, probably 4-6 months. I would definitely probably say nothing before 3 months although i have seen it happen on occasion.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Thanks! I was going for the OEM look which these are the same ones Jeep offers from the factory. They were installed after the fact at a Katzskin certified installer. They were $1800 for the leather, install, and lean back embroidery. Well worth it IMO. They are more comfortable than the factory cloth.
Shit, anything is more comfortable than cloth in all Chrysler products!! That's not a bad price. Once mine starts taking a dive, I will go for those. My wife asked me why of all the fully loaded options I checked off that I didn't get leather. None of my Chrysler vehicles' leather held up. Except for the 300c. That looked pretty decent. Only the dash took a curve and looked like crap. It was a 2013.

shnider10

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Shit, anything is more comfortable than cloth in all Chrysler products!! That's not a bad price. Once mine starts taking a dive, I will go for those. My wife asked me why of all the fully loaded options I checked off that I didn't get leather. None of my Chrysler vehicles' leather held up. Except for the 300c. That looked pretty decent. Only the dash took a curve and looked like crap. It was a 2013.
Smart move on your part. It’s definitely nicer than the factory leather. You won’t regret it 👍🏻