Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
I love this picture of you two. I just can't help but think if you had a .357 on your hip then it would be just a little more perfect!
Maybe Robbie is a lefty...and it is on his left hip. LOL
Sponsored

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired Fuzz/Hobo/Will work for Whiskey...
I didn't get the opportunity to experience what many of you did with Mike as I only hung out with him at his house a handful of times, and most of that time we were either working on his back yard digging trenches, finding what he referred to as "treasures" (rocks and concrete), or we were working on his Jeep. Never really got to go play, though we spoke about it.
The days I visited him after he went to the hospital he was very distant and "foggy"(as he put it) while his illness set in. It was hard to watch and I felt so helpless. Amazingly, he still smiled and made the best of it.
That being said, Mike reached out to me a few months back and officially invited me into this family, as nutty as it is! He spoke of many of you and his adventures and his late wife. He loved all you. As the Ambassador, He brought us all together and I am thankful for that! I appreciate you all and pray that you are holding up okay in such hard times. God speed Mike!
GFY

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
From this year's gathering.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) DSC_2367

Mike's picture, though I don't have the full rez.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_3075.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_5122.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_5197.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_5488.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_5492.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_3157.JPEG

Let's do it again Mike! 🙏

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I'm one of the unfortunate ones that haven't had the opportunity to meet Mike in person, but it is still quite obvious just from my interactions with him here (and his interactions with everyone here) that he's great people. I'm a bit of an introvert (I inherited it from my wife) and am not always comfortable meeting people I don't really know. But he's one that I really would like to meet and hang out with at least once (I'm still not sure about the rest of you reprobates ;)).

I really don't know what else to say. This just plain sucks.

Sponsored

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired Fuzz/Hobo/Will work for Whiskey...
I'm one of the unfortunate ones that haven't had the opportunity to meet Mike in person, but it is still quite obvious just from my interactions with him here (and his interactions with everyone here) that he's great people. I'm a bit of an introvert (I inherited it from my wife) and am not always comfortable meeting people I don't really know. But he's one that I really would like to meet and hang out with at least once (I'm still not sure about the rest of you reprobates ;)).

I really don't know what else to say. This just plain sucks.
Its "funny" you talk about being introverted. I am the same way but Mike has the ability to make you get over it and relax. It was always comfortable around him, in between jabs of course....hahha

Last edited:

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
It sucks that I haven't had a chance to meet Mike either. I hope I can get a chance but I know the odds are going down fast. I've lost too many friends and family to cancer. And that's all I have to say about that.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
2 things: I love that movie, and also it is also beloved movie by my baby sister...... Since she was like 4 I think? It's a Comfort movie for her at this point (she's in her early 20s now).
I would reckon I have seen it more than a lot of women. My sister was the only girl so she got what she wanted a lot and it was her favorite movie. I think I can still recite most of it. At first I just didn't like it, but it grew into a deep hatred. It is the first movie that ever comes to mind when asked about my list of worst movies There is probably some psychological bull shit that goes along with that with my sister getting her way all the time but that doesn't change my opinion. I don't fault anyone for liking it.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
So, just keeping it real…a handful of us said our goodbyes to Mike today. His daughter was very gracious allowing us a moment to say goodbye via phone, while he slept. I wish it was better news.
Oh. Well this leads me to the conclusion of two things.

One, Mike never got to see Beebee, which makes me sad, cause he was one of the people I had planned on visiting next year in the spring when I went on a road trip down south.

Two, I guess I'm getting BeeBee before I get my cutting board. I was really looking forward to that cutting board. It was going to be EPIC (I think I had asked for a 24"x30" size board). However, I did manage to get some coasters from him, a couple of which will live in BeeBee when I get her, so a piece of him can come along on the road with me.

Go easy and be worry free my almost friend.

Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
It seems like you always have that one person in a family that makes everyone come together, get along and want to be there. Whether it be your grandma, mom, that uncle who was not allowed to have any of the kids sit on his lap, there is always one person. Mike was that person here.
I had the honor of meeting him when we did a hostage exchange of a couple of FOB holsters for one of his cutting boards. It is still proudly displayed in our kitchen and I paid a little extra notice to it today.
Wish I had something profound to say. The only thing I can think of is "well, shit"
I will raise a glass to him later today. For he is truly one of the good ones

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
It seems like you always have that one person in a family that makes everyone come together, get along and want to be there. Whether it be your grandma, mom, that uncle who was not allowed to have any of the kids sit on his lap, there is always one person. Mike was that person here.
I had the honor of meeting him when we did a hostage exchange of a couple of FOB holsters for one of his cutting boards. It is still proudly displayed in our kitchen and I paid a little extra notice to it today.
Wish I had something profound to say. The only thing I can think of is "well, shit"
I will raise a glass to him later today. For he is truly one of the good ones
🍻

I've got no words either, but can confirm that Mike is indeed one of the good ones.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
What do you call Wonder Woman if she gets pregnant?

Wonder bred.
Superman was flying over the city one evening and spotted Wonder Woman laying naked on her rooftop with her legs parted and obviously in the throws of pleasure. Superman, in a rare time of weakness, swooped down and with his superspeed, took some liberties with the situation, and then quickly flew away.

Imagine the Invisible Man's surprise.

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1670517669001
Sponsored