Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Yep!

Fortunately, we have “Jeep Cares”! :LOL::CWL::LOL::facepalm::headbang: Has Jeep Cares ever solved a problem, or is it just another distraction designed to help angry customers punch themselves out?
Problems solved ……“in accordance to the principles of double think then conveyed to the customer via double talk”……… “Jeep Cares” 😉
Sponsored

Last edited:

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I am still at a loss 10 hours later in the day over my lack of chocolate pieces at the bottom of my morning cereal and it seems like many of you have moved on without a care in the world, so I will continue to add to the post to keep it relevant. This entire experience has ruined my morning routine and in turn, the rest of my day. Forget that I am lucky enough to have a job that pays well, a healthy family, have shelter, a bit of disposable income to buy top shelf cereal, and a really nice cereal bowl to put it in...

As a past COO and CEO of a few companies, it turns out that one of my contacts just happens to be Steve Cahillane, the current Chairman and CEO of the Kellogg Company. Imagine my excitement when I realized I can send him a note on LinkedIn to express my total disgust in the inconsistency in chocolate pieces in my Special K Chocolatey Delight without formal notification! I have also hired a PI to find out his home address so I can sit in front of his yard until I am satisfied with the resolution. I seriously doubt he has any other worries in the world and will immediately respond. The economy, the weight of having to potentially layoff employees, his own personal issues are not nearly as important as my issue. I have not gone so far as to threaten a class action lawsuit, will keep that in my back pocket for now.
While you're there, I have a list of complaints about cereals that have changed either in ingredients, ratios, textures, or coatings. I'll try to pull the spreadsheet together and get that to you in the next few days. Bastards!!! Thanks!

NullNomad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
While you're there, I have a list of complaints about cereals that have changed either in ingredients, ratios, textures, or coatings. I'll try to pull the spreadsheet together and get that to you in the next few days. Bastards!!! Thanks!
I debated hopping on to this, but I can’t help myself. I’d like to challenge the whole “two scoops” part of Raisin Bran. The scoops are definitely smaller…

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I debated hopping on to this, but I can’t help myself. I’d like to challenge the whole “two scoops” part of Raisin Bran. The scoops are definitely smaller…
Absolutely and it's BS that we're getting cheated. Boxes are the same size but the ounces of the product have been going down. Coating on the flakes is different and doesn't last as long. Darn it, this is just going to crush my day :) I do however have a brand new set of XR rims with all the bolts sitting in the corner of the garage appreciating in value.

Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Yep!

Sadly, this is what happens when demand is so high they can sell every POS they bundle, with or without customer service. Their tune will change when the economy is in the crapper and build quality and customer satisfaction are essential to survival.

Fortunately, we have “Jeep Cares”! :LOL::CWL::LOL::facepalm::headbang: Has Jeep Cares ever solved a problem, or is it just another distraction designed to help angry customers punch themselves out?
Actually yes, Jeep Cares helped push my rig through service a bit quicker when I had the water pump issue and reimbursed me for a rental because no loaners were available. They offered, I didn't have to ask.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
It doesn't take much effort.
My local tire shop stripped the bolts and took the paint off and bitched because of how many bolts they had to undo. I actually dislike these damn beauty rings, airing up and down is a pain in the arse because the valve stem is recessed behind it. I'm going to get new wheels after christmas to replace them. The rings are trashed all round because of the tire shop (well known tire shop).
Mine did.... i can show you the stripped bolts around all 5 rings and the chipped paint.
Discount had to remove mine as well to swap tires. I was surprised they didn’t even have the appropriate torx in their toolbox. They used the included tool kit from my Jeep and got the tires mounted and rings reinstalled without a scratch.
Thanks for the heads-up on discount tire. I will remove the rings myself before letting them do any tire repair. Them or the dealer. Somebody has to be held accountable. Dirty bastards!
Same thing happened to me at Firestone. They stripped 25 of the bolts and gashed my wheels, didn't properly balance the tires, and failed to reinstall the back up camera cover. Resulted in close to $800 in damage. I took it to corporate. You should be reimbursed if they damaged your vehicle.
My DT swapped out my tires for 37s without needing to take the rings off. There was one guy in the shop that knew how to do it and he showed a couple other guys. No dings, scratches or nothing. Happy camper here. PS, my 22 has 25 bolts. lol.

JLUWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR , 23 LR DEF110, 23 Sprinter AWD
My jeep is missing fuel.. what the hell the sticker says full tank !!!!!

Maybe someday the world will be normal again.. but hey if it isn't .. at least we have each other :) hahaha

Last edited:

Sponsored

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Worse case scenario, he could have waited 3 years for a bronco With all the issues they are having. 'Missing' bolts is the least of their problems LOL!
Heck we had a bronco raptor in six months in
Hey thanks everyone, I sincerely appreciate the input. Chrysler Headquarters reached out and left a message. I'll call them back when I get a chance.
They will send right ones to your dealer .Been done already

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Hey thanks everyone, I sincerely appreciate the input. Chrysler Headquarters reached out and left a message. I'll call them back when I get a chance.
Good to hear that you are getting a resolution of some sort. We are just breaking your balls as this was your very first post to the forum and a minor complaint in the eyes of many. I realize it was a big deal to you, but we are seeing so many of this type of complaint on the forums that it is getting old. Jeep is not BMW and many people just buy them for the look and then get upset about the fit and finish or the ride quality and then complain. Anytime a friend asks me about buying a Wrangler, I tell them to go rent one and drive it around for a while first. These are not Grand Cherokee's, they are purpose built for off-road ability and that is what they are better at than just about anyone else.

The "Jeep quality sucks," "selling my Jeep for a Bronco," "what should I name my Jeep," and "what color should I choose," do not add value to the forum. I completely realize I could move on and ignore the posts, which I generally do. Your post was clickbait as I was genuinely interested in why a new owner was upset and maybe it had to do something with death wobble, a lift problem, tire fitment, or something we could help with.

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
Good to hear that you are getting a resolution of some sort. We are just breaking your balls as this was your very first post to the forum and a minor complaint in the eyes of many. I realize it was a big deal to you, but we are seeing so many of this type of complaint on the forums that it is getting old. Jeep is not BMW and many people just buy them for the look and then get upset about the fit and finish or the ride quality and then complain. Anytime a friend asks me about buying a Wrangler, I tell them to go rent one and drive it around for a while first. These are not Grand Cherokee's, they are purpose built for off-road ability and that is what they are better at than just about anyone else.

The "Jeep quality sucks," "selling my Jeep for a Bronco," "what should I name my Jeep," and "what color should I choose," do not add value to the forum. I completely realize I could move on and ignore the posts, which I generally do. Your post was clickbait as I was genuinely interested in why a new owner was upset and maybe it had to do something with death wobble, a lift problem, tire fitment, or something we could help with.
I appreciate it, no hard feelings.

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUHT (JLHT?) '19 F-150 5.0 '03 Envoy XL
Occupation
RE20 microphones
You know stagflation is hitting hard when they start taking away the beadlock capable bolts.
Sponsored