Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
OP, whatever you do, DON’T look under your Jeep behind the passenger side tire. That chunk of metal hanging down is “not” on the Jeep website nor in their Build & Price renderings. 😬 Rumor has it that it’s constructed from melting down the extra bolts on the XR beauty rings.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
OP, whatever you do, DON’T look under your Jeep behind the passenger side tire. That chunk of metal hanging down is “not” on the Jeep website nor in their Build & Price renderings. 😬 Rumor has it that it’s constructed from melting down the extra bolts on the XR beauty rings.
Oh man I'm going to have to email the whole company now! But honestly that was "added" you could easily take that off. My gripe is they "removed" the bolts from the beauty rings.

Last edited:

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Oh man I'm going to have to email the whole company now! But honestly that was "added" you could easily take that off. My gripe is they "removed" the bolts from the beauty rings.
I’ll bet if you start a GoFundMe enough viewers of this thread will chip-in to buy you a set of real bead lock rings for your wheels. https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/p5160154.html
Only $650 for a set of 5. I’ll donate the 1st $50.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I am still at a loss 10 hours later in the day over my lack of chocolate pieces at the bottom of my morning cereal and it seems like many of you have moved on without a care in the world, so I will continue to add to the post to keep it relevant. This entire experience has ruined my morning routine and in turn, the rest of my day. Forget that I am lucky enough to have a job that pays well, a healthy family, have shelter, a bit of disposable income to buy top shelf cereal, and a really nice cereal bowl to put it in...

As a past COO and CEO of a few companies, it turns out that one of my contacts just happens to be Steve Cahillane, the current Chairman and CEO of the Kellogg Company. Imagine my excitement when I realized I can send him a note on LinkedIn to express my total disgust in the inconsistency in chocolate pieces in my Special K Chocolatey Delight without formal notification! I have also hired a PI to find out his home address so I can sit in front of his yard until I am satisfied with the resolution. I seriously doubt he has any other worries in the world and will immediately respond. The economy, the weight of having to potentially layoff employees, his own personal issues are not nearly as important as my issue. I have not gone so far as to threaten a class action lawsuit, will keep that in my back pocket for now.

Sponsored

djxizodu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door
Man.. the biggest irony of this whole thread is that this guy made a post complaining that his Jeep is different than expected because Jeep cut corners to save costs, and people are going out of their way to say “it’s a Jeep, what did you expect, stfu” and “why are you complaining, I had xyz happen to me and I didn’t complain” “man up and stop bitching” and allll the posters are doing is complaining about something that impacts them exactly zero. None. An infinite amount less than this guy missing some bolts from wheels, but in their minds somehow he’s the baby when they are very clearly more upset about him saying “where’s the beef?” It’s hilarious.

It’s also pretty clear why all the promo photos and media and website all show more bolts. Because it looks cool. And that’s what this guy wanted. Some cool bolts on “beadlock capable” wheels that exactly zero people use as beadlocks.

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
Man.. the biggest irony of this whole thread is that this guy made a post complaining that his Jeep is different than expected because Jeep cut corners to save costs, and people are going out of their way to say “it’s a Jeep, what did you expect, stfu” and “why are you complaining, I had xyz happen to me and I didn’t complain” “man up and stop bitching” and allll the posters are doing is complaining about something that impacts them exactly zero. None. An infinite amount less than this guy missing some bolts from wheels, but in their minds somehow he’s the baby when they are very clearly more upset about him saying “where’s the beef?” It’s hilarious.

It’s also pretty clear why all the promo photos and media and website all show more bolts. Because it looks cool. And that’s what this guy wanted. Some cool bolts on “beadlock capable” wheels that exactly zero people use as beadlocks.
Man, this guy gets it. Thank you.

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
I am still at a loss 10 hours later in the day over my lack of chocolate pieces at the bottom of my morning cereal and it seems like many of you have moved on without a care in the world, so I will continue to add to the post to keep it relevant. This entire experience has ruined my morning routine and in turn, the rest of my day. Forget that I am lucky enough to have a job that pays well, a healthy family, have shelter, a bit of disposable income to buy top shelf cereal, and a really nice cereal bowl to put it in...

As a past COO and CEO of a few companies, it turns out that one of my contacts just happens to be Steve Cahillane, the current Chairman and CEO of the Kellogg Company. Imagine my excitement when I realized I can send him a note on LinkedIn to express my total disgust in the inconsistency in chocolate pieces in my Special K Chocolatey Delight without formal notification! I have also hired a PI to find out his home address so I can sit in front of his yard until I am satisfied with the resolution. I seriously doubt he has any other worries in the world and will immediately respond. The economy, the weight of having to potentially layoff employees, his own personal issues are not nearly as important as my issue. I have not gone so far as to threaten a class action lawsuit, will keep that in my back pocket for now.
I bet you are fun to be around. Life of the party!

Sponsored

shnider10

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
This post got me thinking, what all minor changes did Jeep make to MY23? I have a fully loaded MY22 Willys XR.
Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) EE60F7A8-F313-42AA-BE50-7889025ECFA8

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I really think the 23’s were a step back in several ways. Jeep is cutting corners to save but are increasing the price.

So far, Iv learned that changes for My23 include, losing footwell lighting adjustment knob, 10 bolt beadlock cosmetic ring, orange speedo accents instead of red with lower redline.

Mid year MY22 received an added brace behind the front passenger wheel

At some point, engine beauty covers were removed

At some point the carriage bolt for the steering stabilizer was changed

Something about the under carriage was change in MY21 that affected body skid plate changes

Pretty much all of the above were not advertised at all and were only discovered by consumers.

In essence, every year, the price goes up, and the vehicle purchases are receiving less and less
Yep!

Sadly, this is what happens when demand is so high they can sell every POS they bundle, with or without customer service. Their tune will change when the economy is in the crapper and build quality and customer satisfaction are essential to survival.

Fortunately, we have “Jeep Cares”! :LOL::CWL::LOL::facepalm::headbang: Has Jeep Cares ever solved a problem, or is it just another distraction designed to help angry customers punch themselves out?
Sponsored