Sponsored

SOLVED! OFF TOPIC - Any HVAC Furnace experts here?? I need help!!

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
After we said this 3x. Man IPA time.

Sounds like a bad fan relay on the fan control board. Unfortunately the relay is soldered on the board, so whole board needs replacing
Sponsored

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Your side tracked again. To answer your question NO. Stat set to auto heat set and energized G disconnected at furnace or t strip no fan can not come on and is what @Mantrosaid.

all your tests proved your board is bad period. Fan can not run if G is discoed at furnace no matter what, fan and everything else is a slave to the board stat is the brain persay. No stat no run. Jump out at furnace only what you jump will run.

e.g. jump out Y for cool but leave G discos fan will jot run.

You keep relisting everything you replaced and I answered you. Remove G At source if fan runs and you jump out Y or W board is bad
Just to be sure, you’re talking about the very thin wire at the G terminal correct? There seems to be a difference in opinion between you and mantronics. But same conclusion that it’s a bad board

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
No there is no difference between him and I. We are saying remove the stat, remove source for G At furnace usually a 18g wire yes thin, jump heat W to R if fan runs board is bad regardless of anything, same in cool. Do this at stat you could have a short and I didn't want to cover OHMs law.

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
No there is no difference between him and I. We are saying remove the stat, remove source for G At furnace usually a 18g wire yes thin, jump heat W to R if fan runs board is bad regardless of anything, same in cool. Do this at stat you could have a short and I didn't want to cover OHMs law.
Ok with thermostat off the wall,

G terminal disconnected, jumped R and W,

inducer on, pressure switch on, igniter on, no burners. Triggered ignition lockout error code 14

Sponsored

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Ok with thermostat off the wall,

G terminal disconnected, jumped R and W,

inducer on, pressure switch on, igniter on, no burners. Triggered ignition lockout error code 14
Reset the breaker to the furnace and then double check the connector to the flame sensor.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Sounds like a bad fan relay on the fan control board. Unfortunately the relay is soldered on the board, so whole board needs replacing
That was my exact experience this past June, when a relay failed on the original circuit board of my Rheem heat pump.

Having the board replaced (as the bum relay compelled me to do) and also the high-voltage contactor, which had arcing simply from age, cost me $1.3K all in. Replacing those two components without delay restored the system to proper functioning.

The bonus, so to speak, was that I also received a new programmable thermostat. The just-out-of-his-apprenticeship tech that visited the house the first time touched two wires together that shouldn't have ever met. That caused an audible <pop>, a blue flash and arcing to appear on the existing thermostat's circuit board. As I witnessed the event, the company took that expense on the chin, as well they should have.

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
So new board came in but it’s slightly different so I don’t know what to do with these two red and black wires on the O and A black parts that the new board doesn’t have

6F2A8CF4-A3B0-42CF-B79F-315715A080B0.jpeg

5A608CC0-43BC-4302-90E6-19C33B06EDDF.jpeg

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Edit: I think I got it. Red went to spare 2 next to the black parts.. black wire went into the L1.

So far so good.. full complete cycle igniter and fans on at the same time! Hooray!!!

Sponsored

mantronics

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep unlimited Sahara
Edit: I think I got it. Red went to spare 2 next to the black parts.. black wire went into the L1.

So far so good.. full complete cycle igniter and fans on at the same time! Hooray!!!
So all is good with the heat cycle?

mantronics

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep unlimited Sahara
So new board came in but it’s slightly different so I don’t know what to do with these two red and black wires on the O and A black parts that the new board doesn’t have

Jeep Wrangler JL SOLVED! OFF TOPIC - Any HVAC Furnace experts here?? I need help!! 5A608CC0-43BC-4302-90E6-19C33B06EDDF

Jeep Wrangler JL SOLVED! OFF TOPIC - Any HVAC Furnace experts here?? I need help!! 5A608CC0-43BC-4302-90E6-19C33B06EDDF
Yup, 3 speed blower motor, low, med, and high . One speed for heat, one for air, and the other parks on the spare terminal. Good job👍🏼 glad to help

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Should of just listen in the beginning and bought the board. Holy crap, like teaching a 1st year apprentice 😆. JK congrats

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Should of just listen in the beginning and bought the board. Holy crap, like teaching a 1st year apprentice 😆. JK congrats
Lol yes I know, even the tech that came out and redid the gas valve suggested it could be board. I just got tired of throwing parts at it without some understanding this time. None the less, almost the entire thing has been replaced. But good learning experience for me.

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Yup, 3 speed blower motor, low, med, and high . One speed for heat, one for air, and the other parks on the spare terminal. Good job👍🏼 glad to help
Lol I did have a pucker moment hoping I did it right.
Sponsored