Sponsored

More confirmation 2018 Jeep Wrangler production starts Nov., pre-production much earlier

Milous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Towards the end of the JK run in Summer of 2018 we could see some real price slashing to clear them out. The last Patriot and Compass sold in the $20-25k range and last Darts sold for $15-20k.
I think that Jeep will keep a sharp eye on Wrangler inventory during the transition period, I really doubt that you will see enough of a glut that would result in heavy discounting.
Sponsored

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
There are enough hardcore Jeepers that won't settle for anything less than a JK and will undoubtedly look down upon the JL as "not a real Jeep". Just like numerous TJ owners/ fans respond when you mention the letters "J" and "K". I have no doubt Jeep will have little trouble selling every last JK generation Wrangler they make to the fan boys and girls, and beyond.
Yet the JK is the best selling Wrangler ever go figure. :)
You see it with every new model, a lot of people saying the current one is the last "true" xxxx

But then those TJ owners bagging on the JK or JL warm up to it when they join the club. Because once they have no choice but to upgrade what else are they going to buy... a regular SUV??

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
It's hard to imagine how they will do that on 1 JL line and 1 JT line. The plants already can't build enough to meet demand.
Does the current line work around the clock? If not, maybe they'll add shifts?

Polar_2014

First Name
Stéphan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jku Polar
When will be able to order punk metalic hard top ?
Sponsored