OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Picked ours up almost 2 weeks ago and it has rained almost everyday since but have been enjoying it every time we get it out. So far no problems but only have just over 200 miles on it.

Set up the garage with hangers for the doors and built a hoist for the top, unfortunately for now it is stuck with top and doors on.

7C46B814-84A9-4646-B494-F5750E793107.jpeg 07FC7BC0-2698-49DF-A32C-F39FFDDDC39F.jpeg E973EB94-6F28-4FFB-A30D-3DD555F3A7AD.jpeg
What hoist did you go with? I’m looking at the Lange Crank hoist.
Sponsored

xman25

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 honda accord
It’s here and about time. This forum is correct. You forget about the wait when it’s here. Also, there was a guy waiting outside by my ob from some ad agency, taking pictures of the new JL’s. He was there when I was leaving and stopped me to ask if he could take some outside photos of my Jeep. He hadn’t seen the ocean blue on them yet. I let him. He will be sending me them later. FYI: these pictures are from my phone. Ordered 3/26
B8088F27-E96B-4EEF-BB04-C889B538DED5.jpeg
C12F63BA-1A22-4A9D-9123-7884BE33B7E1.jpeg
79B16FAF-F7A0-41BD-BDB4-0B3DF721EAC8.jpeg

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
Got the call yesterday that ours left on a train from the plant and is now in Michigan awaiting leg #2 of the trip. Dealer said maybe late next week.

Funny thing is that I received an email from Jeep thanking me for my recent order, provided the VON, and told me to be on the lookout for updates as it’s being built - got this Friday. Just a tad behind in the process.

vf171ohio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Overland, Cherokee, Sonata, Altima
Occupation
Quality Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got the call yesterday that ours left on a train from the plant and is now in Michigan awaiting leg #2 of the trip. Dealer said maybe late next week.

Funny thing is that I received an email from Jeep thanking me for my recent order, provided the VON, and told me to be on the lookout for updates as it’s being built - got this Friday. Just a tad behind in the process.
I got the same email from Jeep the night before I found out my Jeep was in Winston-Salem.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
How ??? I’d check your vin and von you were originally given. There is no way that was built unless someone else canceled or they fixed and I status Jeep. Sounds like they got one from another dealer.
Why not? I went D1 4/5, KZ 4/17, and my Jeep was in Winston-Salem on 4/26.

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MB SLK280; 2015 Acura MDX; 2006 Nissan Armada
Occupation
Pharmacist
Just ordered my ACE Rock sliders for my OB JLUR from CariD.com
I got 5% off and free shipping with the same estimated time for shipping as ACE. Saved us about $80 between the discount and the free shipping. I did not have a code, but I live chatted on their website. The representative, Bryan, sent me the link with the discount. Just thought I would share if anyone else is kicking around that product.

Last edited:

vtech243

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL & BMW X3 M40i
A little late to posting pics but got the Jeep in last week. All blue Rubicon with all the options (except AUX package which I’m regretting tbh). My first mod was swapping out the stock antenna with a black stubby I had on my old JK. Once I did that the floodgates opened — I have the Mopar 2 inch lift coming in this week. Going to be putting American Racing AX202 wheels (17x9 w/ 4.5 BS or -12 Offset) in cast iron black with BFG KO2 37x12.5 tires. Also doing Mopar spare tire carrier, tailgate reinforcement, and 3rd brake light relocation. Lastly bought Mopar winch/grill guard & have the performance rock guards on my wishlist. Super pumped! Will post pictures post mods but here are some I snapped in the meantime.

82403A88-7204-4FD6-A79C-55D91582865D.jpeg

2129307C-7134-44C4-ABAE-4F090CD251E0.jpeg

FFE857F5-9737-4966-869D-672A9DE0AEEC.jpeg

C6A6E4F7-408E-4D95-8FAA-E92774C861CB.jpeg

B78B0208-5D00-4D4A-88F9-668EB1499094.jpeg

DDC4FDE9-AB9D-45C4-ADCB-B535EA4D545F.jpeg

Sponsored

bwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club {filename}
So after 12 weeks, I gave up. I ordered a fully loaded OB Sahara with matching hardtop. Had a frustrated conversation with my dealer. Upon hearing me vent, Instead of saying sorry it’s taking so long, let me see what I can do or find out he told me quote “I don’t need to sell you a vehicle, we do fine”. So I cancelled my order. I am glad he does not need my sale.

So I went to another dealership where they had a fully loaded Rubi, great purchasing experience. Although I sacrificed the matching hardtop, SO glad to have a Rubicon instead of the Sahara.

First time Jeep owner and couldn’t be happier. Already installed a cargo mat (freaked me out cutting holes in the back upholstery of my new Blubicon). Took the top and doors off and had a blast today.

Oh yeah, and mr bad attitude dealer, bought my son a used charger at the same time. You blew it bro.

Amazing how things work out. Sorry for the photo dump...super stoked had to share.

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MB SLK280; 2015 Acura MDX; 2006 Nissan Armada
Occupation
Pharmacist
So after 12 weeks, I gave up. I ordered a fully loaded OB Sahara with matching hardtop. Had a frustrated conversation with my dealer. Upon hearing me vent, Instead of saying sorry it’s taking so long, let me see what I can do or find out he told me quote “I don’t need to sell you a vehicle, we do fine”. So I cancelled my order. I am glad he does not need my sale.

So I went to another dealership where they had a fully loaded Rubi, great purchasing experience. Although I sacrificed the matching hardtop, SO glad to have a Rubicon instead of the Sahara.

First time Jeep owner and couldn’t be happier. Already installed a cargo mat (freaked me out cutting holes in the back upholstery of my new Blubicon). Took the top and doors off and had a blast today.

Oh yeah, and mr bad attitude dealer, bought my son a used charger at the same time. You blew it bro.

Amazing how things work out. Sorry for the photo dump...super stoked had to share.
Love your Rubicon! The cargo mat install looks great! I’m sure your son was thrilled to get a Charger with your Rubicon. I would definitely let FCA know about your experience with the first dealer. As I understand it, dealer’s with bad surveys and complaints lose their preferred dealer status which is not a good thing from them. Enjoy! May you both have many happy, safe miles in your new rides!!!

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Give us updates !!! Someone had a check engine light the day they got their ocean blue. The person with the half clear coat missing in hard top ? The person the Texas ??? With the Rubicon with all of the problems ???

Did yalls issues get resolved ?
Sponsored