Sponsored

Help with Metalcloak Undercloak skid plate!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Anyone have interference with the front drive shaft? Stock ‘21 JLUR and when the front end compresses the front drive shaft contacts the driver side engine skid bracket. It is hitting the bolts on the drive shaft and I’m hopping with some wiggling or grinding it won’t be an issue.
Did you get this worked out? I thought it was a little close and could possibly interfere. But assumed Metalcloak would have throughly tested it out.
Sponsored

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Did you get this worked out? I thought it was a little close and could possibly interfere. But assumed Metalcloak would have throughly tested it out.
I took the grinder to the bracket and rounded the edge. Didn’t take much and I no longer have contact with the driveshaft.

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
Installed Metalcloak skids on my 2021 2door 3.6 eTorque. Everything went well and install was straight forward. Nothing hits while flexed out (2.5 Game Changer lift) Thanks to these posts made changing the motor mount bolts a breeze. The motor mount info is in the JT instructions, (Thanks JeepinJason33), still not in the JL instructions. Flex ratcheting wrench on passenger side I could remove the bolts from the bottom and a 24 inch extension I could get the drivers side from the top. Metalcloak got it right, great skids, they just need to clean up their instructions some.
Jeep Wrangler JL Help with Metalcloak Undercloak skid plate! 0316221524a_HDR

OP
OP
JeepinJason33

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Totally forgot about this thread. Turns out the version I got was one of, if not the first one they sent out. I tried one last time to see what they would do about the skid plate and they sent me another one that does not have the corner around the edge that is closest to the rear driveshaft. Apparently, they made a change to the design after my initial feedback...

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Good to hear Metalcloak did you right with sending you an improved skid.

Sponsored

RockyXtreme

First Name
Stingray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I need help guys!
Which oem/factory skid do i need to remove?

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with Metalcloak Undercloak skid plate! 274DE7C1-8D0A-4EAB-BAF6-DAF807C8612D
Hey I’m having the same problem with my 2022. Did you ever find anything out on this as the instructions don’t show it as existing. And there’s stuff on top of it that would need removing from this skid. I called Metalcloak and sent Chris a picture, he said he hasn’t heard of any problems with it. Was 5:00 and closing up, but wanted more pictures to ask his team about it. Yep, the instructions could be better.

_tarabusaw

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Hey I’m having the same problem with my 2022. Did you ever find anything out on this as the instructions don’t show it as existing. And there’s stuff on top of it that would need removing from this skid. I called Metalcloak and sent Chris a picture, he said he hasn’t heard of any problems with it. Was 5:00 and closing up, but wanted more pictures to ask his team about it. Yep, the instructions could be better.
You dont remove that part. You put the skids over it.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Installed Metalcloak skids on my 2021 2door 3.6 eTorque. Everything went well and install was straight forward. Nothing hits while flexed out (2.5 Game Changer lift) Thanks to these posts made changing the motor mount bolts a breeze. The motor mount info is in the JT instructions, (Thanks JeepinJason33), still not in the JL instructions. Flex ratcheting wrench on passenger side I could remove the bolts from the bottom and a 24 inch extension I could get the drivers side from the top. Metalcloak got it right, great skids, they just need to clean up their instructions some.
Jeep Wrangler JL Help with Metalcloak Undercloak skid plate! 274DE7C1-8D0A-4EAB-BAF6-DAF807C8612D
So it looks like a I need a 13mm flex ratchet and a 17mm flex ratchet correct?

Sponsored

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So it looks like a I need a 13mm flex ratchet and a 17mm flex ratchet correct?
It's been awhile, but I used the flex ratchet wrench on the passenger side from the bottom to get to bolt. I used a 24 inch extension and socket from the top to reach the driver side bolt. Sorry don't remember size of bolt heads and I'm not near my Jeep to check for you.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
It's been awhile, but I used the flex ratchet wrench on the passenger side from the bottom to get to bolt. I used a 24 inch extension and socket from the top to reach the driver side bolt. Sorry don't remember size of bolt heads and I'm not near my Jeep to check for you.
Thanks, the Jt instructions said 13mm to take them out and new 17mm that go back in.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Passengers side is a real bitch, easy way I found was to reach up from underneath and use a stubby ratchet. Drivers side was cake once I rounded up 4' worth of socket extensions. You can then easily get it from the top.

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
"reach up from underneath", that's a better explanation for getting at the passenger side bolt.

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
I have this kit sitting in my garage and just found this thread. 2023 JLUR. Questions:

- How do you remove the fender liners without damaging the plastic plugs/clips?
- It looks like the issues with contacting drive shafts have been fixed by MC?
- I don’t see any torque figures in any of the instructions?

Thank you!
Sponsored