New Toy! 2023 JLU XR

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
As much as I loved my 2019 Moab, I couldn't be happier to now be the proud owner of a 2023 Sting Gray Rubicon XR. Was a bit nervous about the 35's with the 3.6L, however with the 4.88 rear gears, it is running great (although gas mileage definitely took a hit, but hopefully gets a bit better after some break-in mileage). Although it has very similar options to my old Jeep; black leather (heated), steel bumpers, rock rails, Alpine, sky roof - absolutely everything about this Jeep feels so much better. Rides great, everything is just exactly as I had hoped. Was shiny and new for less than 12 hours before the first dusting of snow here in northern Colorado. Looking forward to running into the mountains for a bit of winter-wonderland wheelin' soon!

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 2.23.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 2.23.29 PM.png
Beautiful- congrats!
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I was trying to figure out when the transmission “upgrade to auto” become 4200 instead of 2400 bucks ouuuch. I’ll keep my 6speed manual lol.

OP beautiful rig man! I’m saving my pennys to jump to 4.88 gears maybe next year. Been running the factory 4.10’s. It does ok but sure would be nice to have the step up in gearing. Planning for 37’s when my 35’s wear out too

OP
OP
bthomp

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon, 2010 Wrangler X, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

Yeah.... I feel ya, no leverage on buying cars, especially new, especially Wranglers. Everything's expensive - a brand new Ford Escape "Titanium Edition" is 48k....

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
As much as I loved my 2019 Moab, I couldn't be happier to now be the proud owner of a 2023 Sting Gray Rubicon XR. Was a bit nervous about the 35's with the 3.6L, however with the 4.88 rear gears, it is running great (although gas mileage definitely took a hit, but hopefully gets a bit better after some break-in mileage). Although it has very similar options to my old Jeep; black leather (heated), steel bumpers, rock rails, Alpine, sky roof - absolutely everything about this Jeep feels so much better. Rides great, everything is just exactly as I had hoped. Was shiny and new for less than 12 hours before the first dusting of snow here in northern Colorado. Looking forward to running into the mountains for a bit of winter-wonderland wheelin' soon!

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 2.23.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 2.23.29 PM.png
Very sharp. What kind of mpg are you seeing new?

dreep jeemin

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
So if I'm reading this right, one can order the XR package (4.56) yet still request 4.88??

OP
OP
bthomp

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

I was trying to figure out when the transmission “upgrade to auto” become 4200 instead of 2400 bucks ouuuch. I’ll keep my 6speed manual lol.

OP beautiful rig man! I’m saving my pennys to jump to 4.88 gears maybe next year. Been running the factory 4.10’s. It does ok but sure would be nice to have the step up in gearing. Planning for 37’s when my 35’s wear out too
Awesome. I’m really liking the 4.88s.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Jeep; congratulations!!! I find the MPGs to be interesting. I have a 2021 JLUR with 2.0T, auto, 2.5” lift, and 35x12.50 MTs, with aftermarket front steel bumper and heavy winch, stock 4.10 gearing, heavy side-step rock sliders, and I consistently get 19-20 MPGs on FL flat earth. Then again, I drive conservatively, with an OCD eye on the real-time MPG readout.

OP
OP
bthomp

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

Nice Jeep; congratulations!!! I find the MPGs to be interesting. I have a 2021 JLUR with 2.0T, auto, 2.5” lift, and 35x12.50 MTs, with aftermarket front steel bumper and heavy winch, stock 4.10 gearing, heavy side-step rock sliders, and I consistently get 19-20 MPGs on FL flat earth. Then again, I drive conservatively, with an OCD eye on the real-time MPG readout.
Yeah, my buddy has the 2.0T and he raves about it. I thought seriously about going that route, however ultimately as I've never owned a turbocharged vehicle, I didn't want to think about the other possible maintenance needs that I am ignorant about. Went with what I knew. I often use the real-time MPG read out as well. It's funny that how seeing things in real time encourages you to ease off the gas just a bit, which makes a meaningful difference at the pump.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, my buddy has the 2.0T and he raves about it. I thought seriously about going that route, however ultimately as I've never owned a turbocharged vehicle, I didn't want to think about the other possible maintenance needs that I am ignorant about. Went with what I knew. I often use the real-time MPG read out as well. It's funny that how seeing things in real time encourages you to ease off the gas just a bit, which makes a meaningful difference at the pump.
Roger that; I totally get it. This is my first turbo vehicle, albeit I started with a 2018 Jeep JLU with 2.0T but traded shortly thereafter for my current JLUR with the same engine.

yankintx

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Extreme Recon
Very sharp. What kind of mpg are you seeing new?
Well, if I stay in town and just go to the GYM and stores, all of which are about a mile away with a few stop signs in-between, I get about 11 mpg. Im sure that because I start the car, back it out of the garage, and when I get to the gym I have to look for a parking spot. Normal city type driving gets me about 12-13 if I drive real easy. If I drive to the Shore which is 100 miles each way, I get maybe 17-18 on the hwy. Pretty bad gas mileage but a fun vehicle to drive. I have found that if I use cruise control, and I go 65 mph on the hwy , I get a few miles per gallon better than if I go 70 mph.
If I go 75 mph, pushing this brick down the road really hurts my mileage.
Sponsored