Sponsored

Ready to order help me.. show me your hi velocity vs punkin 4xe vs extreme recon

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt 2023 rubicon coming soon
Trying to make up my mind for a daily driver rubicon hi velocity or punkin.

Considered the 4xe but not sure the real mileage gains are Worth it vs the extreme recon with 4.66 or 4.88 gears.

Love punkin but don't like the red sticking and dash but like black interior better than tan. It's hard to beat the mfg warranty with the xr package.

The practical side of me says 4xe rubicon makes sense but I know I will end up lifting etc.

Last decision if I go with xr package is the 4 cylinder v6.v6. Saves 2k on the transmission with the 4 cylinder vs the 6 e torque thaconemes in the xt package.

My gladiator os set up for tougher trails already so don't have to have the xr package but it seems like a better value and being able to leave it alone and keep the daily driver as it comes.

Looking for opinions from people who have both and what regrets or changes you would have made.

20221118_123928.jpg
Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Don't have Punk'n or HV, but the mileage gains of the 4xe can be worth it if you have the right use case. Screen shot of my latest fill up on Fuelio. In warm weather, I make the round trip for work within the all electric range and charge when I get home. With level 2 charging, I can go out later on all electric if I want to. Even after adjusting for the bump in our electric bill, I averaged around 44mpg this past six weeks. My next tank won't be as good since it's getting colder here and that hits the range.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ready to order help me.. show me your hi velocity vs punkin 4xe vs extreme recon Screenshot_20221122-194219_Fuelio

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
If you choose tan interior you can easily cover the seats versus the difficulty in changing out every interior piece with red stitching and the ugly red dash.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have had an XR with both the 3.6 and 2.0T. I have been an advocate for the 3.6 for many years, and have had it on 8 vehicles. That being said, I decided to give the 2.0T a shot. Turns out, I like the 2.0T better.

No experience with the 4XE. Not really interested in it.

Punk'n was my built Rubicon on 40s.
High Velocity, my XR on 37s, still a work in progress.

Both are great colors!

IMG_20190516_200750_551.jpg

20221106_084941.jpg

Reactions: Oak

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I much prefer Velocity Yellow. The color really pops out. Especially with black accents.

Punk’n had its day in the sun already. Half the time, depending on the light, I can’t even tell it apart from Firecracker Red. Don’t get me wrong, I love Firecracker Red, but if that’s what I wanted, that’s what I’d get.

If you are planning to lift the Jeep, I wouldn’t bother with the 4Xe.

Good luck.

Reactions: Oak

Sponsored

Yellow4xe

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High Velocity Yellow 2023 Rubicon 4xe
I really like the sky one touch and the yellow. The 4xe has been great to drive! I have the black leather. If you have specific questions, ask away.

55D39573-B9E0-4FF2-99EC-7562B1D4CEF3.jpeg

OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had an XR with both the 3.6 and 2.0T. I have been an advocate for the 3.6 for many years, and have had it on 8 vehicles. That being said, I decided to give the 2.0T a shot. Turns out, I like the 2.0T better.

No experience with the 4XE. Not really interested in it.

Punk'n was my built Rubicon on 40s.

High Velocity, my XR on 37s, still a work in progress.

Both are great colors!

Love them both, thanks for the pics. The punkin with black fenders looks awesome. I thought about saving the $1000 and going that route. I has painted fenders on my jk 10 years ago but all black since. Don't remember having issues scratching the painted fenders but it might make sense going that route.

OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like the sky one touch and the yellow. The 4xe has been great to drive! I have the black leather. If you have specific questions, ask away.

Perfect combo dd you lift it and what do you think real fuel cost or millage are like

OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

By thy way is the dash and sticking still red on yours?

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
I ordered rubicon with tan interior. Will change seat covers out with katzkins black and silver stitching to match the rest of interior pieces.
I can’t speak to the punkn vs high velocity, although, personally I prefer orange to yellow.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
Hopefully you're aware that several dealerships across the country are offering below-invoice pricing. See the spreadsheet in my sig.
This.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
We have Hella Yella, which we love, but I'm not such a fan of HV. A little too much green in the yellow for me. But I love Punk'n - It's metallic elements give it a truly complex depth and interesting interaction with light. I feel like Punk'n will be a desirable color over time, whereas I'm not sure HV will age that well.
Sponsored