Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon, 2010 Wrangler X, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

As much as I loved my 2019 Moab, I couldn't be happier to now be the proud owner of a 2023 Sting Gray Rubicon XR. Was a bit nervous about the 35's with the 3.6L, however with the 4.88 rear gears, it is running great (although gas mileage definitely took a hit, but hopefully gets a bit better after some break-in mileage). Although it has very similar options to my old Jeep; black leather (heated), steel bumpers, rock rails, Alpine, sky roof - absolutely everything about this Jeep feels so much better. Rides great, everything is just exactly as I had hoped. Was shiny and new for less than 12 hours before the first dusting of snow here in northern Colorado. Looking forward to running into the mountains for a bit of winter-wonderland wheelin' soon!

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 2.23.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 2.23.29 PM.png
Sponsored

Tropikal

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Congratulations, very nice Jeep!

Sponsored

sottrich1966

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport 2.0
I thought that was only available with a manual transmission. Got me thinking about ordering one now.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Nice! Enjoy it! I just got mine on Saturday although it came in on Friday. Needed a day for me to swap out my accessories from the 4xe I traded in for this one. I broke mine in early when the bag of chipotle lunch I was bringing to my wife's office right from the dealer leaked garlic sauce all over the carpets! Thought to myself, well, it had to happen eventually, why not on a new Jeep with 8 miles on it?!

I wanted to add that I kept their 4.56 gearing and felt it was perfect with the 35's. I am getting just a hair over 16mpg but thats because I got the Mopar CAI and keep the accelerator down listening to that beautiful tone!

Jeep Wrangler JL New Toy!  2023 JLU XR IMG_2337

OP
OP
bthomp

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

I thought that was only available with a manual transmission. Got me thinking about ordering one now.
I'm a fan of the 4.88's, make's turning the 35's cake. Very smooth.

OP
OP
bthomp

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

Nice! Enjoy it! I just got mine on Saturday although it came in on Friday. Needed a day for me to swap out my accessories from the 4xe I traded in for this one. I broke mine in early when the bag of chipotle lunch I was bringing to my wife's office right from the dealer leaked garlic sauce all over the carpets! Thought to myself, well, it had to happen eventually, why not on a new Jeep with 8 miles on it?!

I wanted to add that I kept their 4.56 gearing and felt it was perfect with the 35's. I am getting just a hair over 16mpg but thats because I got the Mopar CAI and keep the accelerator down listening to that beautiful tone!

Jeep Wrangler JL New Toy!  2023 JLU XR IMG_2337
That is a GREAT looking jeep. I really like the all while with black accents look, especially when you add the XR wheels. Very nice!

8 miles and chipotle sauce, yep, had to happen sometime, might as well be right out out of the gate :). lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
bthomp

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

That is a GREAT looking jeep. I really like the all while with black accents look, especially when you add the XR wheels. Very nice!

8 miles and chipotle sauce, yep, had to happen sometime, might as well be right out out of the gate :). lol
Also - I'm at like 350 miles so far and I'm high 16's MPG at the moment. We shall see, I'm not expecting great numbers here.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy Neighbor 🤠
Did you go with Fort Collins Jeep? That's where I bought mine April '21.
You'll love the 4.88's. They make such a huge difference - night and day, really. Great choice on color and trim too. Congratulations! 🤠

OP
OP
bthomp

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

Howdy Neighbor 🤠
Did you go with Fort Collins Jeep? That's where I bought mine April '21.
You'll love the 4.88's. They make such a huge difference - night and day, really. Great choice on color and trim too. Congratulations! 🤠
Howdy 😎. Thanks, and glad to hear that the 4.88's are the right choice. I do go to FTC Jeep for maintenance, I like the crew there. My last one had recurring problems with ESS and O2 sensors out of warranty, so decided it was time to upgrade and get back into warranty. Perhaps I'll see you around, and have a great Thanksgiving! - Bill

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy 😎. Thanks, and glad to hear that the 4.88's are the right choice. I do go to FTC Jeep for maintenance, I like the crew there. My last one had recurring problems with ESS and O2 sensors out of warranty, so decided it was time to upgrade and get back into warranty. Perhaps I'll see you around, and have a great Thanksgiving! - Bill
You too Bill, and congrats again. Nice Jeep.