First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
The RS9000xl adjustable shocks are great for the $. Especially when they run deals where you buy 3 get one free or they have a rebate on the set of four which makes it nearly the same. They run the specials often. They are currently doing $50 off if you spend between 200-500.
Thanks Chris. Looks like He can get a set of 4 $351. Now he was looking at the Fox Performance series and those would cost him $460. What are your thoughts between the two?
Thanks,
Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Chris. Looks like He can get a set of 4 $351. Now he was looking at the Fox Performance series and those would cost him $460. What are your thoughts between the two?
Thanks,
In my experience the off the shelf fox shocks are valved fairly stiff. Some people prefer that, but I like me jeeps to ride soft.

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
In my experience the off the shelf fox shocks are valved fairly stiff. Some people prefer that, but I like me jeeps to ride soft.

What do you think of teraflex falcon series shocks?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
What do you think of teraflex falcon series shocks?
I think they are Beautiful :involve:
In all honesty, I've only tried them with a full Teraflex kit on a JK(Just a week or two ago.)
On the full kit with the shocks set to full soft the ride was much stiffer than a generic Rough Country kit I installed on a similar JK the following day. To be fair the Terfaflex springs are much stiffer/shorter than the Rough Country springs so that may have been what contributed to the ride quality. Both Jeeps were riding on factory Rubicon wheels/tires.

Ride quality is very subjective.... The full Teraflex kit with the Falcon shocks made the Jeep feel more like a Sports car, where as the RC kit made it feel like an old school Cadillac. I prefer a nice soft ride in my Jeeps for daily driving and the type of offroading I do. The guys that enjoy high speed offroading will benefit more from a setup like the Teraflex/Falcon setup. I hope Teraflex comes out with softer springs for the JL as I really like the rest of their kits, I just don't like how short/stiff their springs are on the JK(So short they require retaining clips top/bottom to keep them from falling out under full extension.)

Falcon Teraflex 25.jpg
Falcon Shocks.jpg

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I think they are Beautiful :involve:
In all honesty, I've only tried them with a full Teraflex kit on a JK(Just a week or two ago.)
On the full kit with the shocks set to full soft the ride was much stiffer than a generic Rough Country kit I installed on a similar JK the following day. To be fair the Terfaflex springs are much stiffer/shorter than the Rough Country springs so that may have been what contributed to the ride quality. Both Jeeps were riding on factory Rubicon wheels/tires.

Ride quality is very subjective.... The full Teraflex kit with the Falcon shocks made the Jeep feel more like a Sports car, where as the RC kit made it feel like an old school Cadillac. I prefer a nice soft ride in my Jeeps for daily driving and the type of offroading I do. The guys that enjoy high speed offroading will benefit more from a setup like the Teraflex/Falcon setup. I hope Teraflex comes out with softer springs for the JL as I really like the rest of their kits, I just don't like how short/stiff their springs are on the JK(So short they require retaining clips top/bottom to keep them from falling out under full extension.)

Falcon Teraflex 25.jpg
Falcon Shocks.jpg
I was thinking more about the cheaper version that in none reservoir shocks. Kinda like the Fox performance shocks.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking more about the cheaper version that in none reservoir shocks. Kinda like the Fox performance shocks.
Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to try that variation of the falcon shocks. I've only tried the above, and the 9550 both on full Teraflex kits. I would have loved to try the above on a kit with a softer spring rate.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Had a chance to test out @ROAM's high steer kit for the JL wrangler. Designed to work with zero bumpstops.
The front/rear raised trackbars & draglink really made the Jeep feel a lot more stable driving down the road with the lift installed. I can't wait until I finish installing their high clearance long arm this week. :rock:

They included a Jig & appropriate drill bit to make drilling the steering knuckle a breeze! This was always stressful "free handing" it on the JK.
Jig.jpg

Full Articulation 1.jpg
Full Articulation 2.jpg
Full Articulation 3.jpg
Full Articulation 4.jpg

Sponsored

alphacc82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU - Punk'n
Two very nice builds! @TTEChris how do you feel about running 35's on your wife's sport with the new axles over the long run? I have read they beefed them up, but I'm still concerned as I'd like to do the same on my sport. Thanks!

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Two very nice builds! @TTEChris how do you feel about running 35's on your wife's sport with the new axles over the long run? I have read they beefed them up, but I'm still concerned as I'd like to do the same on my sport. Thanks!
Thanks!

I think they will be fine, but I'm no engineer and I dont think anyone has really pushed the limits to see when they will break. I see so many people/customers running 35s on factory D30 JK's without too many issues. Yes I've seen bent C's and prematurely worn ball joints, but that was usually on those running more extreme offset wheels and a heavy combo. I had a buddy that wheeled hard on 37s/ Beadlocks and he was purposely trying to kill the D30 so he could upgrade. He had C-Gussets and upgraded axle shafts but he could not kill it(Maybe he didn't try hard enough.)
Eventually he upgraded just for the piece of mind while the factory D30 was still in good shape minus some rock rash.

If my wife destroys her axles she will get mine and I will upgrade. Until the kids get older we don't want to go much higher on hers so 35s with a 2.5" lift will probably stay. I'm sure we will eventually change to a more complete setup but it will remain a LCG build.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Thanks!

I think they will be fine, but I'm no engineer and I dont think anyone has really pushed the limits to see when they will break. I see so many people/customers running 35s on factory D30 JK's without too many issues. Yes I've seen bent C's and prematurely worn ball joints, but that was usually on those running more extreme offset wheels and a heavy combo. I had a buddy that wheeled hard on 37s/ Beadlocks and he was purposely trying to kill the D30 so he could upgrade. He had C-Gussets and upgraded axle shafts but he could not kill it(Maybe he didn't try hard enough.)
Eventually he upgraded just for the piece of mind while the factory D30 was still in good shape minus some rock rash.

If my wife destroys her axles she will get mine and I will upgrade. Until the kids get older we don't want to go much higher on hers so 35s with a 2.5" lift will probably stay. I'm sure we will eventually change to a more complete setup but it will remain a LCG build.
Hey Chris, off the subject but I find you smart and honest so I have a question. I gave my 2011 JKU (automatic) to my son and he's talking about getting a programmer for it. It has 35's and 5.13s in it and I never bought a programmer for it because I used GPS for speed. That being said will this improve anything?

Thanks,

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Have you installed the ARB compressor yet? I'm interested to see what you do.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Chris, off the subject but I find you smart and honest so I have a question. I gave my 2011 JKU (automatic) to my son and he's talking about getting a programmer for it. It has 35's and 5.13s in it and I never bought a programmer for it because I used GPS for speed. That being said will this improve anything?

Thanks,
'

On the later JK's I've found that without programming for tire size the transmission would constantly "hunt" for the proper gear on the highway. I think some of the newer programmers even optimize transmission shift points(I haven't tried any of those variations on the JK)
I don't have too much experience on pre pentastar JK motor/transmissions, as the only ones that come in belong to customers.. Every JK I've owned & experimented on was a 2012+.

Have you installed the ARB compressor yet? I'm interested to see what you do.
I purchase a M.O.R.E. mount, but I have too many projects going on and can't find the time to install it... I think it will be a priority when my wife and I plan our next offroad trip(Hopefully soon b/c the temperatures in Houston are already in the upper 90's.)
Sponsored