Off-road jack

Deepsea1212

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU WILLYS, JLURD
Rebranded Pro Eagle Kratos? Looks similar to mine.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
You mean you don't think the "arm breaker" aka "jaw crusher", aka "gonad kicker" Hi Lift is the best?

LOL!

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Definitely a must not have. How are you going to secure it so it's not a death missile? 72 pounds? For the rare occasions you get a flat, use a good bottle jack like my double ram or a good Scissor Jack like mine. I carry both. They fit in the rear footwell under the seat. I've used both several times in the last year, once for me, twice for folks in my group. I drive the scissor jack with my cordless impact driver.

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Definitely a must not have. How are you going to secure it so it's not a death missile? 72 pounds? For the rare occasions you get a flat, use a good bottle jack like my double ram or a good Scissor Jack like mine. I carry both. They fit in the rear footwell under the seat. I've used both several times in the last year, once for me, twice for folks in my group. I drive the scissor jack with my cordless impact driver.
YEARS ago (about 20) I won a Hi-Lift at a drawing of an opening of a 4x4 shop. I took it home and put in a corner in the garage in hopes it would not spring to life and break an arm. Then about 7 mo ago I bought a used Jeep that had a Hi-Lift mount on the right rear, I traded that Jeep in when my 2023 Rubicon came in and put that damn Hi-Lift on the back and hope the who buys they Jeep does ot hunt me down and try to return it...

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I definitely wouldn't buy this to take out on the trail, but as someone with a gravel driveway with a pretty deep fill, this would definitely come in handy on the f150 and jeep. Since they don't fit great in the garage and doing a quick tire rotation or brake job or something simple this would be great. My big 3ton sucks on gravel.

that said, I have a piece of plywood that works fine with my big jack instead of the price point of this harbor freight thing.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have a couple of questions about the "Double Ram" jack. First does the top screw out like most bottle jacks and how does it do with leaking? I would have to store it on the side.

I got a flat the other day and had my "Safe Jack" with me but it only has a little over a 5 inch throw and wouldn't lift the tire off the ground (37's). I was glad I had a couple of 2x4's to put under the factory jack.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel

Sponsored

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I ordered a MOPAR jack base the day I got home that day. It looks like it will work well.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I have a couple of questions about the "Double Ram" jack. First does the top screw out like most bottle jacks and how does it do with leaking? I would have to store it on the side.

I got a flat the other day and had my "Safe Jack" with me but it only has a little over a 5 inch throw and wouldn't lift the tire off the ground (37's).
No, it doesn't have a screw jack, but the full double ram doubles the lift height. It's a very high quality Jack and no reports of leaking in reviews at Amazon. I store mine on it's side in the footwell.

I was glad I had a couple of 2x4's to put under the factory jack.
The double ram jack it a couple inches too tall to fit under your axle when you have a flat, but I carry Camco Stabilizer Jack Pads and drive over them with the flat so the jack fits under the axle.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500