No top+rain=wet everything lol

Ponyracer

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1986 YJ Brute (project!)
Got up to SoCal liquid sunshine this morning lol. “Bolt” got his first bath. Good thing I’m pulling the carpet out and raptor lining the inside in a couple weeks.

After a few hotel towels all is dry ish. Guess I’ll have the seat warmers on high today!

3A4169A2-C2EF-4955-BB62-22917470D166.jpeg

F386BB26-3489-45F4-B47B-55C4D3C285C2.jpeg

15E07CE9-969D-47A3-9931-ADBE60625014.jpeg
Sponsored

Typist314

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
Be really curious about the dash/radio. Wasn't "supposed to" rain last night . While inside at work I hear nothing but thunder, lightning and pouring rain! Today radio is not working . Seats & floor drying up nicely, but I'm frantic as to how I can hopefully get it to work again. Currently on an 80 degree day sitting in the sun, no roof and heat blasting. Suggestions? Yes, I'm a newbie! Everything else on dash works.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Be really curious about the dash/radio. Wasn't "supposed to" rain last night . While inside at work I hear nothing but thunder, lightning and pouring rain! Today radio is not working . Seats & floor drying up nicely, but I'm frantic as to how I can hopefully get it to work again. Currently on an 80 degree day sitting in the sun, no roof and heat blasting. Suggestions? Yes, I'm a newbie! Everything else on dash works.
Wasn't all of this interior marketed as spray with a hose interior. Guess that is not panning out like they said.

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Wasn't all of this interior marketed as spray with a hose interior. Guess that is not panning out like they said.
Yes but not drenched if heavy rain for over an hour since water will eventually work its way into creases if enough flow. Light rain or quick spray wash no problem.

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 XR, C7Z Corvette, C5Z Corvette
Just pulling out of Uwharrie National Forest yesterday with the top down, got hit with heavy downpour for about five minutes. We were getting pretty soggy when the 8.4 screen started flaking out. Kept turning on rear cam, tried to go back to radio and it was changing stations on me, then back to backup cam.

Finally was able to pull over as the rain stopped. Quick wipedown if the screen and surround area and all was back to normal.

Seemed all the water on the touchscreen was causing it to jump around on me...relieved when it started working again.

OP
OP

Ponyracer

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1986 YJ Brute (project!)
So far so good on the radio. I’ve got the 7”. The dash was just spotted so I got lucky. I also scotch guarded the seats with auto spray a couple days ago so that may have helped them not to soak the foam.

Lehmanpm

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Just pulling out of Uwharrie National Forest yesterday with the top down, got hit with heavy downpour for about five minutes. We were getting pretty soggy when the 8.4 screen started flaking out. Kept turning on rear cam, tried to go back to radio and it was changing stations on me, then back to backup cam.

Finally was able to pull over as the rain stopped. Quick wipedown if the screen and surround area and all was back to normal.

Seemed all the water on the touchscreen was causing it to jump around on me...relieved when it started working again.
I think the screen is capacitive touch, so that would make sense. The water content in you is largely what is measured normally and the rain would throw the measurement ranges off from the radios point of view.

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
When I bought my JL I was told it was designed to get wet and everything is waterproof. You should have bumper to bumper warentee on it, if it stops working I would bring it in for repair. That bums me out, sometimes you can’t help but to get wet when you get a pop up storm. Hope it gets working again.