Sponsored

Cloth seats do not come with rear trench cover

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m hoping for aftermarket or eBay on this. The cost to ship from Mopar direct is insane.
Sponsored

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I’m hoping for aftermarket or eBay on this. The cost to ship from Mopar direct is insane.
Their forum representative will pm you a coupon code to help offset the cost upon request.

Correction: I was thinking of Allmoparparts

jtp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S unlimited
6633D09E-067B-45E1-9B1F-5F5DF18A7CEA.jpeg
8F25346E-74B7-41E5-AF2A-058EE46F9AFD.jpeg

Mopar trench cover that came with the leather seats, but not with cloth. Here’s after and before.
So I'm assuming that support bracket gives more support if you step on that area. In order to install the bracket do you just remove those three seat bolts? Also does the trench cover clip into the bracket or does it velcro to the back of the seats?

OP
OP
Jimmylats JL

Jimmylats JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ willys, 2018 rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm assuming that support bracket gives more support if you step on that area. In order to install the bracket do you just remove those three seat bolts? Also does the trench cover clip into the bracket or does it velcro to the back of the seats?
The bracket is needed to clip in the trench cover. I ordered the trench cover not knowing that you needed the metal bracket as well. The metal bracket cost about 25 dollars from the dealership. All you have to do is remove the 3 bolts behind the seat, bolt up the bracket and then clip in the trench cover.

Sponsored

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
ok so this thread was helpful.

I ordered a JLURubicon with cloth seats; I didn't really want hot sticky seats for summer Georgia heat. But - when I put the back seat down there is this huge valley of a gap. not a big deal but would be nice if that was covered for cargo management / napping / whatever. (I know - first-world problems right)

so after some forum searching, mainly this thread, and Benny at @AllMoparParts.com - the answer for CLOTH seats;
if you want JUST the gap cover, you need the gap cover and the bracket;
The metal support bracket part number is 68335706AB.
The basic carpet style trench cover part number is 6JX46TX7AC
total (allmoparparts): $140

if you want the above (bracket and trench cover) AND the rubber mat that goes in the back, and on the back of the seats;
part number 82215656AB
total (allmoparparts): $160

so for $20 more, you get the rubber mats for all of the back. even if you trim off the cargo-mat area and only use it as a basic square, I think that's a decent deal (not everyone wants the rubber all up the back of their seats). I figure you could cut that rear area mat at the start of the gap-cover, have a pretty nice cargo mat - discard the rest.

anyway - thought I'd share a little early-morning research to help others looking to solve similar problems and consolidate the info in a single post. reading through the thread was definitely helpful for me figuring out what I needed - thanks!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I agree that there's much to be frustrated over....the lack of FCA's communication of these differences between leather and cloth seats, the lack of communication of the lack of a trench cover on cloth seat JLs in the wordless instructions that come with the MOPAR cargo mats, and the cost of the parts to get this cover, etc.

FWIW, I wanted cargo mats but wasn't sure MOPAR's solution would be my final one. So rather than putting the grommets into the back of the back seats, I attached two strips of the hook side of industrial Velcro to each back seat mat's underside part, with Gorilla Glue: one strip on top and one strip just above where the cargo mat's inner most sections to the rig come up to in height, behind the mats on the back of the back seats, and put these mats on the back seat over (not under) the part of cargo mat that's elevated, to keep the parts of the cargo mat that touch the back seats upright when the seats are up.

Is it beautiful, no way. Is it functional, with back seats up or down: totally. Does it cover the trench: yes.

IMG_2293.JPG

Sucram

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLUR
Occupation
Nerd Herder
super helpful thread. Been wanting to yank the back seats permanently and fabricate something for a total flat floor. Going to see if I can use this bracket and extend the flat part somehow,

ninab64

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The bracket is needed to clip in the trench cover. I ordered the trench cover not knowing that you needed the metal bracket as well. The metal bracket cost about 25 dollars from the dealership. All you have to do is remove the 3 bolts behind the seat, bolt up the bracket and then clip in the trench cover.
I've only been a Wrangler owner for 2 months and I haven't made adjustments to any vehicles before--what do I need to have or do to remove those bolts? I bought the cover and bracket, but I'm having a devil of a time. I even bought a lubricant that is supposed to help with stubborn nuts but it doesn't seem to have helped even after 2 applications. I am using a 3/4 in socket and have tried it by hand and with a hammer drill. The bolts on the door sides are really long and that is one of my problems; the socket I bought isn't deep enough to completely cover the nut.

I really appreciate any and all advice!

Ifraaz

First Name
Ifraaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any aftermarket solutions? Prefer the fabric part only. Don't need the rubber backs/mats. Thanks
Sponsored