Sponsored

Safari top is one of my favorite new features!

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I had a bikini top on my JK, but not convinced I need one for the JL. Riding with the doors off, but top up, gives you that nice open air feeling without the wind noise and sunburn. The dog appreciates the extra shade too. This also allows me to to fully drop the top as the sun is going down without having my bikini top in the way. I've also been leaving my rear windows off all the time, even in the rain, and it doesn't seem to do any damage. Of course I'm putting the doors on and windows up. Anyone else love riding like this? It's definitely a unique look.
IMG_0028.jpg
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Once my hard top hoist is together, I'll be running the same way.

RDT300

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just removed the hardtop and installed soft top today and took out for a quick ride with all the doors and windows on. Boy is it much quieter then the JK soft top. Then took off doors and windows....Removing the doors was much easier and lighter then the JK. Wasn't sure if I was gonna like safari look when saw pics. I like to keep the soft top up for the shade especially on 90 degree days. But when I saw in person I love the look.
IMG_1631.JPG

OP
OP
Stuweeks

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just removed the hardtop and installed soft top today and took out for a quick ride with all the doors and windows on. Boy is it much quieter then the JK soft top. Then took off doors and windows....Removing the doors was much easier and lighter then the JK. Wasn't sure if I was gonna like safari look when saw pics. I like to keep the soft top up for the shade especially on 90 degree days. But when I saw in person I love the look.
IMG_1631.JPG
Looks sooo slick in white!

Sponsored

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
I had a bikini top on my JK, but not convinced I need one for the JL. Riding with the doors off, but top up, gives you that nice open air feeling without the wind noise and sunburn. The dog appreciates the extra shade too. This also allows me to to fully drop the top as the sun is going down without having my bikini top in the way. I've also been leaving my rear windows off all the time, even in the rain, and it doesn't seem to do any damage. Of course I'm putting the doors on and windows up. Anyone else love riding like this? It's definitely a unique look.
IMG_0028.jpg
Your Jeep looks great. I have a 2 door granite Rubicon in transit with the premium soft top. Hopefully I get it next week.

I had a 2015 JK and also had a spiderweb sunshade. But I stopped using the spiderweb because when I wanted open air, I wanted open air and the sun shade felt restrictive. When I wanted to block some sun but still have open air I would put the soft top up with no windows like this. But the JL is better for this with the safari top and doesn't need the back soft top connected to the rear. At first I thought the safari top looked a little odd but I have gotten used to it and it is a better design.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Anyone do the safari top with just the front doors off? Pics by any chance? I got kids in car seats (2 and 4) so don't feel comfortable going doorless in the back.

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
IMAG0778.jpg
IMG_0028.jpg
I am in your club 100% on this - rear windows always off, and sometimes doors. Texas is a hot and sunny place, so I leave the top on 94% of the time. I think it looks extra cool too.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I totally was not a fan of this look when the JL was first released, but it is growing on me. I’m glad I decided dual top now, looks great and a way I’ll be running in the hot summer months.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
White sport w Rubi wheels ... nice!
I picked up Rubi wheels and am going sport s (lease resid value is silly). Was thinking sting gray but like your white too.

Sponsored

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
IMAG0773.jpg
White sport w Rubi wheels ... nice!
I picked up Rubi wheels and am going sport s (lease resid value is silly). Was thinking sting gray but like your white too.
THANKS. It has 1 option - anti spin/upgraded axle. I added 1) MOPAR lift, 2) Rubi takeoff wheels and tires, 3) Rubi takeoff rock rails, and 4) CB. Its awesome and will conquer just about anything you can through at it. I am thoroughly impressed with the base machine.

I love the Sting Gray and would proudly own it, but my choices were very limited.

The picture is to demonstrate the size with lift relative to the 10th anniversary Rubi JK behind my JLU.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
IMAG0773.jpg

THANKS. It has 1 option - anti spin/upgraded axle. I added 1) MOPAR lift, 2) Rubi takeoff wheels and tires, 3) Rubi takeoff rock rails, and 4) CB. Its awesome and will conquer just about anything you can through at it. I am thoroughly impressed with the base machine.

I love the Sting Gray and would proudly own it, but my choices were very limited.

The picture is to demonstrate the size with lift relative to the 10th anniversary Rubi JK behind my JLU.
Great pic as well!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Planned to get Bestop's Safari Bikini, Duster, Windjammer, and Soft Doors when available.

I do like the stock soft top more and more though.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone do the safari top with just the front doors off? Pics by any chance? I got kids in car seats (2 and 4) so don't feel comfortable going doorless in the back.
I'll be doing that as soon as this weekend. When I do, I'll try and remember to grab a pic. I'm still deciding ultimately between half doors, tube doors, or soft doors, if Bestop offers them. I've got soft doors on the JK, and have loved them.
Sponsored