Sponsored

ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately?

DurangoWino

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Santa Fe and 2023 Rubi XR 4-door
Occupation
Retired
Recently picked up my new Rubi XR and wanted to get a shop to install an ARB compressor. Self installing it is not an option. The salesman at a nearby shop was pushing getting a separate kit compatible with ARB that would run hoses to each tire where you could air all four up at once. This is going to add a bunch of labor costs that I had not planned on. My thought going in was to have the compressor under the hood and have one hose capable of reaching all four tires and just air each up separately.

I am just curious if most folks here run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately. Thanks
Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
There’s no denying that a 4 tire inflation system will save you time at the trailhead but if you’re paying for labor to do it then I’m unsure the cost is justified.

I have mine mounted behind the inner fender liner. The air chuck was under the hood but I’ve since relocated it to behind a 4xE charge port door. You can see more in my build thread.
On my wife’s 4xE it’s mounted under the passenger seat.

Out of curiosity, why do feel unable to self install? It’s quite an easy process and requires minimal tools.

OP
OP

DurangoWino

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
There’s no denying that a 4 tire inflation system will save you time at the trailhead but if you’re paying for labor to do it then I’m unsure the cost is justified.

I have mine mounted behind the inner fender liner. The air chuck was under the hood but I’ve since relocated it to behind a 4xE charge port door. You can see more in my build thread.
On my wife’s 4xE it’s mounted under the passenger seat.

Out of curiosity, why do feel unable to self install? It’s quite an easy process and requires minimal tools.
I guess just intimidated by doing it myself.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
The under seat all 4 tires at once is nice but not needed. Especially if you’re paying someone to install. The shop wants the extra labor money and the profit from selling you the kit. It’s their job so I wouldn’t be mad. But, again, it’s not needed.

My buddy has that set up. He really didn’t air up mush faster than me. Both of us have the arb dual compressor. Mine is mounted in the back of my Jeep. His is under a seat. We started about the same time. By the time he was done airing up, give the system to regulate all 4 tires to the same pressure and then wind up all the octopus of hoses I was actually done before him. If you count putting everything away.

just my opinion that it’s nice but definitely not needed. Besides a one hose system is the most simple and I’m a firm believer in keeping it as simple as possible. Easier to track down any issues. I’m sure some may come in and tell me they have no issues and I’m wrong. That’s ok too

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Doing all 4 tires at once is nice but not necessary.

Thing is, you can always add the 4 tire system later. Start with the 1 at a time setup for now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DurangoWino

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The under seat all 4 tires at once is nice but not needed. Especially if you’re paying someone to install. The shop wants the extra labor money and the profit from selling you the kit. It’s their job so I wouldn’t be mad. But, again, it’s not needed.

My buddy has that set up. He really didn’t air up mush faster than me. Both of us have the arb dual compressor. Mine is mounted in the back of my Jeep. His is under a seat. We started about the same time. By the time he was done airing up, give the system to regulate all 4 tires to the same pressure and then wind up all the octopus of hoses I was actually done before him. If you count putting everything away.

just my opinion that it’s nice but definitely not needed. Besides a one hose system is the most simple and I’m a firm believer in keeping it as simple as possible. Easier to track down any issues. I’m sure some may come in and tell me they have no issues and I’m wrong. That’s ok too
So does the hose that comes with the ARB kit reach all four tires or do you need to buy a separate hose and fittings?

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
Get a kraken 4 tire inflator. If you can use a screw driver and watch a video you can self install in 2-3 hours tops. It comes with plug and play harnesses to make wiring simple and has a step by step super easy to follow video.

The ARB twin puts out a lot of air, so if you arent going to be running multi-tire inflation then just save even more money and get an arb single as a valve stem will out take about 2 - 2.5 cfm regardless of what the compressor is throwing out at it

E4wd

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon 4xe
The Kraken system is genius, innovative AT products also make nearly the same mount for under the passenger seat. There are two separate chucks for each side that run a double hose to inflate all four. Grimm off-road makes an inner fender kit that's got a single chuck under the hood. If you have aux switches the wiring isn't too difficult. Or u could always go with the arb portable compressor

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
So does the hose that comes with the ARB kit reach all four tires or do you need to buy a separate hose and fittings?
A 20-25’ hose is plenty to reach all 4 tires no matter where you Mount the compressor on the Jeep. I believe the arb hose is around 20’ long. But yea the arb air hose is long enough.

Sponsored

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
A four hose system may (or may not...) be a little quicker in inflating the 4 tires over one at a time, but not much faster. Take into account how long it will take to put your octopus of air lines away. Personally, I would put the money saved towards something more useful.

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
A four hose system may (or may not...) be a little quicker in inflating the 4 tires over one at a time, but not much faster. Take into account how long it will take to put your octopus of air lines away. Personally, I would put the money saved towards something more useful.
If you get the kraken its probably about the same amount of time to put the hoses away as the ARB single one since they're super short and easy to roll up. Air up time is about 1/3rd - 1/2 though. Single it takes 12-14 minutes to air up the 39's, and about 6 minutes with the 4 tire inflator. Is 6-8 minutes worth the price is definitely a different question and only an individual can decide. I use mine to air up the wife's rig too so we save a solid 15 minutes typically versus the 1 by 1.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
The ARB inflate kit hose and nozzle works great and will reach all four tires. I recommend the Grimm Off-road mounting system for the compressor itself. It mounts under the hood hidden away (it's not compatible with many aftermarket inner fender liners due to the position, in case you have those) and routes the air intakes and the connector up to a convenient spot and provides a switch to turn it on and off. I don't think its necessary to run lines to all four corners, it's a cool idea but adds to the complexity. If you're really interested in doing all four at once, look at Speedflate or other similar products. You plug it into the one air chuck you have and then it splits out and attaches to all four tires. I have one, but honestly I just keep it simple 99% of the time and use the ARB hose. It's smaller, easier to pack up and gets the job done.

Honestly, its not that hard to install yourself. If you do want a shop to do it, it shouldn't be more than ~2 hours of their time so don't overpay. Feel free to bring the quotes to the forum here and we'll be able to tell you if you're getting screwed or not. I

Here's a pic of mine in action:
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 4.40.17 PM

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

The ARB twin puts out a lot of air, so if you arent going to be running multi-tire inflation then just save even more money and get an arb single as a valve stem will out take about 2 - 2.5 cfm regardless of what the compressor is throwing out at it
That's the value for a Schrader valve going from 30 psi to atmosphere. If, for example, you're inflating from a 100+ psi CO2 tank to a fully-aired down tire, it will be much greater than 2.5 cfm.
Sponsored