NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the Gibson or the Magnaflow Axle back exhaust on their JL? Was wondering about sound and if its a load drone on highways? Trying to decide between the two if anyone has any sound clips or pictures of them installed i would like see. Thanks you!
Sponsored

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
Bump. Also wondering the same. from what ive seen the Gibson sounds better to my ear but haven’t seen alot of each of them on the JL

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just got my car back from Borla. They’re making 3 differen systems. With three sound levels. They should be posting info soon.

Col Oliver

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler UL Rubicon, 2015 Indian Scout, 2015 Challenger Shaker, 1979 Triumph TR8
I have the axel back magnaflow in black. It’s pretty mellow at the low RpMs but sounds great above 3k, for a V6. No drone

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the axel back magnaflow in black. It’s pretty mellow at the low RpMs but sounds great above 3k, for a V6. No drone
That's our axle-back in a nutshell! They are designed with daily driven Jeeps in mind, so they maintain a nice, mellow cabin volume during normal highway driving. If we can answer any other questions about them, just let us know!

Sponsored

namodei

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Bump. Also wondering the same. from what ive seen the Gibson sounds better to my ear but haven’t seen alot of each of them on the JL
I installed the Gibson single exhaust. Sounds really good, not raspy or ricey sounding and NO DRONE!! Fit like a glove, fit and finish perfect! $389 shipped on Amazon! I can't figure out how to upload an mp4?

20180517_141249.jpg

Screenshot_20180517-161627.jpg

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)
Im also in the dilemma of exel back magnaflow, flowmaster, gibson or afe. Is a one time purchase and i want to get it right. I use my sahara as daily driver and i have to say that being stock is super quiet. Want to keep that cabin quietness and have that growl sound at the same time without being obnoxious lol. Also want quality. Any thoughts

namodei

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Im also in the dilemma of exel back magnaflow, flowmaster, gibson or afe. Is a one time purchase and i want to get it right. I use my sahara as daily driver and i have to say that being stock is super quiet. Want to keep that cabin quietness and have that growl sound at the same time without being obnoxious lol. Also want quality. Any thoughts
I would recomend the Gibson.

Sponsored

willy_28

First Name
guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
im running the magnaflow rock crawler cat back and i love it

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I like how that Gibson kit cleans up the two factory restrictions in the rear of the system. Nice. Does the Magnaflow kit look the same?