151021796129571.jpg

151021786594241.jpg
Sponsored

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Hey guys, I have been very pleased with the majority of new features on the JL (Easy fold down windshield, solid full roll cage, zipperless soft top, etc.) but there have been a few design features that have just been very puzzling almost like what were they thinking (bottom of soft top side windows not aligning with door windows, position of side markers on front fenders). Being this is an interior thread, I was wondering if anyone else was bothered by the non symmetric integration of the dash center stack? I think the dash would be much more aesthetically pleasing if the surface where the start/stop button is installed was flush with the the grab bar and climate control surround or vice versa. Another item of concern for me is that the rearview mirror is mounted to the A pillar as opposed to the windshield, and there doesn't appear to be any room to install a traditional CB radio. Thoughts?

JL_Interior.JPG

Last edited:

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
It is normal that these systems are not present in the manual

151021796129571.jpg

151021786594241.jpg
The park-sense is part of the safety package. Not sure about decent control. But this one probably doesn't have all the boxes checked on the build sheet. Nothing to do with manual.

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Hey guys, I have been very pleased with the majority of new features on the JL (Easy fold down windshield, solid full roll cage, zipperless soft top, etc.) but there have been a few design features that have just been very puzzling almost like what were they thinking (bottom of soft top side windows not aligning with door windows, position of side markers on front fenders). Being this is an interior thread, I was wondering if anyone else was bothered by the non symmetric integration of the dash center stack? I think the dash would be much more aesthetically pleasing if the surface where the start/stop button is installed was flush with the the grab bar and climate control surround or vice versa. Another item of concern for me is that the rearview mirror is mounted to the A pillar as opposed to the windshield, and there doesn't appear to be any room to install a traditional CB radio. Thoughts?

JL_Interior.JPG
The flush transition vs the stepped transition didn't bother me until you pointed it out. Thanks for that. :lipssealed:;)

I'm hoping that the appearance of that difference will change when you are sitting in the drivers seat, so it won't appear so unbalanced. If someone is so unfortunate as to be sitting in the middle of my back seat, I'm guessing they will be too busy feeling uncomfortable to notice lack of symmetry and will be focused on how they should really buy their own jeep.

Sponsored

VA6489

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 4x4 diesel, 56 f100 4x4, soon my first "new Jeep"
Shift pattern has changed from 2017..

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Also^2, the softop's rear hatch flips up like the hardtop's?
I am wondering the same thing[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure the sub is bigger. The JKSub was 12”x8” if I remember right. I would guess the JL sub is a 10”. We need someone with a tape measure to find one of these mules.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The second picture is a manual. They don't get hill decent, you just put it in 4 low and 1st gear and crawl.
Added automated brake control would be nice , but likely goes against the spirit of the manual.

4Lo and 1st gear works in the auto too, and should be even more effective if just going based on gearing in the ZF8, however my big concern is the newer coasting features in the transmissions that could possibly diminish engine braking effectiveness. And yes, unfortunatrly those features are coming to manuals too.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Added automated brake control would be nice , but likely goes against the spirit of the manual.

4Lo and 1st gear works in the auto too, and should be even more effective if just going based on gearing in the ZF8, however my big concern is the newer coasting features in the transmissions that could possibly diminish engine braking effectiveness. And yes, unfortunatrly those features are coming to manuals too.
There is a sensor that turns off ESS on steep grades, so maybe the same sensor will trigger the coasting function to turn off on steep grades.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Perhaps I should rather say that there appears to be a sensor for steep grades, because the owner's manual says ESS is shut off on steep grades automatically. I don't really know how that works.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Yeah, at this point I don’t think any of us do, and I doubt many Durango and current Grand Cherokee owners have gone off-road enough to test these theories with the new 850RE.
Sponsored