OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

Chris_Maine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just got note from my dealer that my order arrived today! Worked with John Emerson with Bessey Motors in South Paris, Maine - great experience for any northern New England buyers.

I'm in Arizona so looking to get home and pick her up on Friday.
image1.jpeg
Sponsored

vf171ohio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Overland, Cherokee, Sonata, Altima
Occupation
Quality Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
KZ L ā€“ released but not shipped
LD is speculated to be load delay
My Jeep was in KZLD last week and I was told by the dealership is means In Transit - Delay.

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So my dealer tells me my Jeep is in transit. Iā€™m at my wits end,itā€™ll be 12 weeks on Friday and no Jeep no eta. The 866 number says Iā€™m KZS which according to todayā€™s person is queued for shipping. Which goes against what my dealer told me.

I think the crew that did the dominos pizza tracker need a new job over at FCA.

Iā€™m grumpy that since thereā€™s not eta I ha e no idea what to tell my credit union. Who agrees they can extend my loan a little time side as new vehicles are difficult. Still just painful. Along with the looming end of lease June 7th.

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MB SLK280; 2015 Acura MDX; 2006 Nissan Armada
Occupation
Pharmacist
Miracles do happen! Got the call that our OB JLUR had arrived! Got to visit it in person this afternoon. Delivery on Friday if hubby likes the way it drives (and no whistling/helicopter noise).

1AD033B3-3502-4D81-B2AA-744A0BDC8A7E.jpeg

7235185B-EFDC-4E1E-9E3E-28A9CD64CD9D.jpeg

FB5C1A47-66AE-48E4-8DBE-8C744615B939.jpeg

15B66EC7-2F82-476F-8598-6B083134520B.jpeg

Sponsored

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist
So my dealer tells me my Jeep is in transit. Iā€™m at my wits end,itā€™ll be 12 weeks on Friday and no Jeep no eta. The 866 number says Iā€™m KZS which according to todayā€™s person is queued for shipping. Which goes against what my dealer told me.

Iā€™m grumpy that since thereā€™s not eta I ha e no idea what to tell my credit union. Who agrees they can extend my loan a little time side as new vehicles are difficult. Still just painful. Along with the looming end of lease June 7th.

The no ETA is a good sign, especially if there was a date previously. Usually it means the Jeep has shipped and is awaiting the final leg of the journey to your dealer. Ours fell off the radar a week ago yesterday and materialized today at the dealer. Hang in there...sounds like you are getting really close!

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist
Just got note from my dealer that my order arrived today! Worked with John Emerson with Bessey Motors in South Paris, Maine - great experience for any northern New England buyers.

I'm in Arizona so looking to get home and pick her up on Friday.
image1.jpeg
Beautiful! Congratulations!

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR

I just cancelled my order. Regional couldnā€™t give my dealer a firm ETA, just the standard ā€˜2 weeks from nowā€™...very disappointed with the entire experience, such a waste of time.

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I just cancelled my order. Regional couldnā€™t give my dealer a firm ETA, just the standard ā€˜2 weeks from nowā€™...very disappointed with the entire experience, such a waste of time.
Did your dealer give you a hard time with any deposit ?

Sponsored

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Did your dealer give you a hard time with any deposit ?
No, not at all, they were very understanding. I get the feeling the owner tried to give corporate a hard time and get me special consideration and they told him to pound sand. Something along the lines of tough sh*t, try selling something else (ie youā€™re stuck with us). They definitely had a back & forth over the ETA, Jeep blames for giving out the timelines they give them. This is all very bad...i actually feel for the dealerships. Iā€™m not a slave to the brand, i can walk, they canā€™t.

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist
I am so sorry! The process is terrible! I have purchased a Mercedes and 3 Acuras and never been through the annoyance of ordering a vehicle and waiting. This will be our first Jeep, so maybe this is normal for a Jeep. But, for me, I will not be doing this againā€”no matter how much I may love the Jeep product. I sincerely hope that whatever vehicle you choose going forward is a great one and the process is much more reasonable.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
No, not at all, they were very understanding. I get the feeling the owner tried to give corporate a hard time and get me special consideration and they told him to pound sand. Something along the lines of tough sh*t, try selling something else (ie youā€™re stuck with us). They definitely had a back & forth over the ETA, Jeep blames for giving out the timelines they give them. This is all very bad...i actually feel for the dealerships. Iā€™m not a slave to the brand, i can walk, they canā€™t.
Sorry to hear man. The roll out has been a total quagmire, which is sad because the Jeep is amazing and there are a ton of people who are doing exactly what you are doing. I ordered mine 2 weeks before you and just got it 2 weeks ago. It is BS that Jeep is unwilling to help you out. They did take care of me and I ended up getting a few concessions (nothing huge but about $800 value which I was happy with based on the price I paid for the JLUR already).

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
I agree with the process we are dealing with is messed up. But from what I was told...first year issues with a remodel for Jeep was like this with the JK too. Dont know how true that really is. When I bought my F-150, I ordered it before my dealer had their one in stock, was told 6-8 weeks, took 11. I was expecting that though with Ford retooling the Dearborn plant for Aluminum and only having 1 the plant running to produce the highest volume pickup in the US. When we ordered our Ford Explorer in 2016, it again was a first year of a new model and was told 6-8 weeks, got that one in 5. Win some lose some. I went into the dealership to order the JL, knowing they would say 6-8 weeks, and of course that they did. I anticipated 8-12 weeks. 2 days after we ordered I was told it was in D1 and we could see it in as little as 3 weeks....I laughed...that first order is still D1. I have no reason to expect my re-ordered Jeep to be here in less than 8 weeks.
Sponsored