Sponsored

Buying in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area... Dealership and Configuration Recommendations?

Base Model?

• Total voters

bjohnsonmn

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Altitude Edition
Hello JL fans,
I am about to purchase my first Wrangler, something I've been wanting to do since high school!

I know the Mazda dealership network well as both my wife and I have purchased multiple Mazda 3 GT (Manuals) over the last 15 years. But, I know NOTHING about the Jeep dealers in the area nor the ins and outs of selecting the best configuration/dealership.

A little about my plans:
1. I work from home unless I am traveling for work (I cover the US and Canada, rural electric cooperatives). Daily miles will be minimal.
2. One of the practical uses will be hauling things for work around the house. Boards, lawn gear, mulch, waste, so I am leaning toward a towing friendly automatic config, though I have only owned manuals for over 10 years.
3. I will plan to get into light duty off-road. We don't have big chunky rock routes here in the Upper Midwest that I'm aware of, but we have lots of mud. (Again, my assumptions)
4. I would prefer to aftermarket things like bumpers, fenders, etc. I do like the idea of a clean panel by getting the power package unless there is a similar aftermarket that doesn't involve cutting the dash apart to install switches.
5. No kids, just my wife and I.

So, here's what I am leaning toward: 2 or 4 door Sport S, Auto, Hard-top, Cold Weather, HD Power/Towing, 7" screen... other than that, I'm not sure what else I should be looking at!

Any input/experience/feedback on dealerships, negotiating, pricing, and configurations is appreciated. I have a trade-in that should move very quickly as it is frequently sought after for used vehicles.

Cheers!
Brad
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Ordering or buying off the lot? If no one close is dealing, Spencer at Motor Inn Spirit Lake does 5% below invoice with the Tread Lightly discount, might be worth the drive.

OP
OP
bjohnsonmn

bjohnsonmn

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering or buying off the lot? If no one close is dealing, Spencer at Motor Inn Spirit Lake does 5% below invoice with the Tread Lightly discount, might be worth the drive.
I was going to buy it off the lot, but me and the Mrs. talked last night and we are going to buy a vacation place with our extra cash and financing...
BUT All is not list!
Now I'm just looking for a used JK with a similar configuration :)

My budget is somewhere between $23k-$26k. 4 door, towing, auto, red/white/burnt orange, etc...

OP
OP
bjohnsonmn

bjohnsonmn

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should add, any tips for looking for a used one? For example, is it hard to add an equivalent Heavy Duty power supply like the JL has an an option with the Tow and HD option?

OP
OP
bjohnsonmn

bjohnsonmn

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should add, any tips for looking for a used one? For example, is it hard to add an equivalent Heavy Duty power supply like the JL has an an option with the Tow and HD option?
Well, I decided to go used and picked up a 2012 Altitude with fewer than 46,000 miles! See you all on the trails!
Sponsored