Sponsored

New Window Tint Blocks 98% Heat by XPEL (PRIME XR PLUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
The next generation of automotive window film has arrived. As one of the most trusted brands in automotive paint protection & window film, we are proud to announce the unveiling of the all new XPEL PRIME XR PLUS. A unique multi-layer nano particle construction. Unrivaled heat rejection properties. Superior clarity. Truly, XPEL PRIME XR PLUS redefines high performance window tint.

For many automotive enthusiasts, window tint has always been about privacy and aesthetics. PRIME XR PLUS takes it to a whole new level. By utilizing ceramic particle technology, PRIME XR PLUS is able to deliver superior heat rejection like we’ve never felt before. Up to 98% of infrared heat can’t penetrate PRIME XR PLUS, ensuring your interior stays cooler than ever.

XPEL PRIME XR PLUS Window Tint.png

On top of that, XPEL PRIME XR PLUS provides SPF 1,000 UV protection, effectively blocking 99% of harmful, cancer-causing rays. It also helps prevent interior materials from fading, cracking, and degrading over time.

XPEL PRIME XR PLUS Window Tint 1.png

Drive down any road in the world, and chances are you’ll see a car with window tint that’s starting to degrade. Low quality film, improper install, and many other factors can attribute to the lifespan of your tint. Thanks to the lifetime transferable warranty offered by XPEL PRIME XR PLUS, you’ll never have to sweat about your window tint. Discoloration, fading, bubbling, peeling, cracking, and delamination are a thing of the past.

XPEL PRIME XR PLUS Window TInt 2.png

So, if you’ve been thinking about upgrading the window tint on your personal vehicle, look no further. PRIME XR PLUS is rolling out to authorized XPEL dealers everywhere, and as the weather heats up, there’s no better time to stay cool.

XPEL PRIME XR PLUS Window Tint 3.png

For more information, be sure to check out the PRIME XR PLUS product page or visit the XPEL Installer Locator to find a dealer near you!
Sponsored

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
I literally just got back from getting my windows tinted using a different brand that offered 55% and I thought that was good. Now Im bummed I didnt see this before hand

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
So 98% of the heat cause by infrared waves is blocked, but, it seems, not 98% of the heat.

How's about the good old fashion ambient hot air outside the vehicle that makes its way into the vehicle via the transference of heat through conduction?

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
What's it going to cost for this new tint on a JLU on all windows except the front?

OP
OP
XPEL

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I literally just got back from getting my windows tinted using a different brand that offered 55% and I thought that was good. Now Im bummed I didnt see this before hand
There's always next time. The important thing is that you have some sort of protection on the Jeep already.

So 98% of the heat cause by infrared waves is blocked, but, it seems, not 98% of the heat.

How's about the good old fashion ambient hot air outside the vehicle that makes its way into the vehicle via the transference of heat through conduction?
RussJeep1,

Keep in mind there are three things that cause heat, IR (infrared), UV and visible light. One of the biggest contributors to causing heat is IR or infrared heat and that is the heat you can ‘feel’. Visible light is the next contributor and visible light is obviously the light you can see. UV is the smaller contributor to the heat cause but still a factor. So when our film product blocks 98%+ of the IR we knock out over half the heat causing element out of the gate, then the VLT’s come into play giving us ‘shade’. Think of VLT’s as a shaded tree. Ever stand beneath a big huge bushy tree? Lots of shade from that tree makes you feel cool because it blocks the visible light along with the other rays from the sun. Similar a darker VLT product will provide better performance because it provides better shading for you. UV is blocked by 99%+ with our film product but UV is one of the smaller causing forms of heat. Even with the maximum performing product like PRIME XR PLUS a vehicle will still heat up for a number of reasons. One you have the fact that vehicles are made out of metal and as everyone knows (or should know) metal absorbs heat therefore transferring it through the interior of the cabin. However when driving air cools all surfaces of the vehicle down which is one of the main reasons why if your sitting in a parking lot on a hot sunny day the a/c works harder to cool the vehicle down vs when your driving down the road with the wind cooling all surfaces of the vehicle including the glass.

What's it going to cost for this new tint on a JLU on all windows except the front?
Great question, so as labor rates and other factors vary based on city/location, I can only give you a general range of what to expect. For a JLU without the windshield, it will usually be between $600 - $800. Please note that this is a very high performing window tint. There are certainly other films out there that may be able to have the same look you're going for, but not many at all with the same performance.

Sponsored

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
With the price Xpel just quoted keep in mind I was quoted for regular tint on all windows except the windshield anywhere from $200-$500. So if their tint is that much better I wouldnt see that the minimal extra cost being a huge factor. I know I am in Arizona right now and the inside heats up very fast. In fact it might be worth having even a transparent film on the windshield so all windows are done and you get the maximum heat savings.

OP
OP
XPEL

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the price Xpel just quoted keep in mind I was quoted for regular tint on all windows except the windshield anywhere from $200-$500. So if their tint is that much better I wouldnt see that the minimal extra cost being a huge factor. I know I am in Arizona right now and the inside heats up very fast. In fact it might be worth having even a transparent film on the windshield so all windows are done and you get the maximum heat savings.
Exactly. There are a lot of different window films available on the market today. Some that just add a dark cool look, and then some that can perform on a high level and really block heat while still being a dark tint or even a light tint.

Skippy,

If you haven't done your windshield, I would highly recommend getting it done. We're headquartered in South Texas and I drive a 4Runner and have all of my windows tinted including the windshield. It makes a big difference. The cabin is still hot when I get in, but it's much less hot and the AC takes a fraction of the time to cool off the cabin now. The XR PLUS 70% will be the perfect film for the windshield as it'll give you the heat rejection you want, with the clarity you need to see the road. You can find a list of XPEL Installers in Arizona Here.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. There are a lot of different window films available on the market today. Some that just add a dark cool look, and then some that can perform on a high level and really block heat while still being a dark tint or even a light tint.

Skippy,

If you haven't done your windshield, I would highly recommend getting it done. We're headquartered in South Texas and I drive a 4Runner and have all of my windows tinted including the windshield. It makes a big difference. The cabin is still hot when I get in, but it's much less hot and the AC takes a fraction of the time to cool off the cabin now. The XR PLUS 70% will be the perfect film for the windshield as it'll give you the heat rejection you want, with the clarity you need to see the road. You can find a list of XPEL Installers in Arizona Here.
I didn't know it is legal in Texas to tint the front windshield. Good to know

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Does XPEL Prime XR Plus also self-heal similar to XPEL Ultimate Plus? I'll be tinting the windows but since my JL will be off-road a lot I'm curious to know how well it resists scratches from dust (opening and closing windows, people touching dusty windows, ect.)

OP
OP
XPEL

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does XPEL Prime XR Plus also self-heal similar to XPEL Ultimate Plus? I'll be tinting the windows but since my JL will be off-road a lot I'm curious to know how well it resists scratches from dust (opening and closing windows, people touching dusty windows, ect.)
Bearded_Dragon,

The window tint does not self-heal like the paint protection film will. However, our window films do have a scratch resistant coating to help.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If I learned anything from my high school history teacher it's that "It's only illegal if you get caught". :fingerscrossed: :like::fingerscrossed:
I haven’t had a front plate in a vehicle (required in TX) in 20 years. Never once stopped for it. A modest front windshield tint probably won’t get you a ticket. 10% windshield tint is going to get you pulled over regularly and depending on what you look like, shot.

In TX if you get the ticket you can just pay it and roll on. You’ll need a mod friendly state inspection location, or a $40 bribe to get inspected each year.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I haven’t had a front plate in a vehicle (required in TX) in 20 years. Never once stopped for it. A modest front windshield tint probably won’t get you a ticket. 10% windshield tint is going to get you pulled over regularly and depending on what you look like, shot.

In TX if you get the ticket you can just pay it and roll on. You’ll need a mod friendly state inspection location, or a $40 bribe to get inspected each year.
Thankfully don't need to deal with inspections here in IL. Personally I think anyone going deeper than 40 or 45% on a windshield is nuts. It's hard enough to see out my side windows in unlit areas with 20% tint so I could only imagine how horrible trying to see out a windshield would be with that or darker in those same conditions.

Reactions: Lar

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
Any tint on the front windows, the windshield or the rear window in Illinois is Illegal and they will use that as an excuse to stop and hassle you.
The State Police like to use this excuse to stop you when they are "Fishing" and when they find nothing, they will write the ticket for the film.

Thankfully don't need to deal with inspections here in IL. Personally I think anyone going deeper than 40 or 45% on a windshield is nuts. It's hard enough to see out my side windows in unlit areas with 20% tint so I could only imagine how horrible trying to see out a windshield would be with that or darker in those same conditions.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.