What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Did some minor stuff to my brand new Hydro Blue JLUR 4xe over the weekend, as I just picked it up Thursday and haven’t had much time yet:
  • Swapped the shift knob to a replica from a TV show I like (SW The Mandalorian, it’s just like the one Grogu plays with on the Razor Crest)
  • Removed “RUBICON”, “Wrangler” and hood 4xe vynils
  • Mounted the back panels to the OEM front steel fender from @commandojk13
  • Swapped the rubi rails for sahara side steps
  • Installed the bushwacker sill guards/rocker panel covers
  • Added interior knick-knacks (plastic trays, blue bezels for the light and radio dials)
Whenever I get some more free time I’ll slowly add the rest of stuff I have in the garage, but this felt like plenty and kept me quite busy!
• buy yourself a camera
• take pictures
• post here.

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
• buy yourself a camera
• take pictures
• post here.
I’ll meet you halfway - here some poorly made phone pics (sorry about the garbage in the background!)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 10624569-98F0-40BB-96CF-7A702A5A6C0E
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 47C06F41-9C7B-4046-B456-BC6E8C285550
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E18B84A8-D955-46CA-A0A9-5B82EC73DD9F
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6A3BB725-B0F9-4AEA-9B48-9FD18C4EFB59
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FE45C73F-23BB-46AB-A93C-6513AFCFBD66
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E7C32EFA-811D-42A8-AAA9-5CD4C28F9174

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
There are now just enough forum photos of Jeeps with the Oracle flush mount LEDs installed that they're starting to look correct on our Wranglers. 👍 This has the effect of making the OEM tail lights appear more bloated than they already are.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Had it Fluid Filmed. Should be interesting to see how it looks after it hits some dirt roads.
Messy, and possibly smelling of lanolin.

I've used Fluid Film for decades, for discrete applications that haven't included treating the undercarriage of vehicles. It has its place, for sure, but experience has proven that it's not as broadband a product as some would make it out to be.

Do report back and let us know your observations, post-dirt. :beer:

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Messy, and possibly smelling of lanolin.

I've used Fluid Film for decades, for discrete applications that haven't included treating the undercarriage of vehicles. It has its place, for sure, but experience has proven that it's not as broadband a product as some would make it out to be.

Do report back and let us know your observations, post-dirt. :beer:
It definitely smells. I didnt expect that and its not pleasant. Ive never done it before but Im trying to keep this Jeep for as long as I can so figured Id give it a go. I’ll let ya know later this week how its looking lol.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
There are now just enough forum photos of Jeeps with the Oracle flush mount LEDs installed that they're starting to look correct on our Wranglers. 👍 This has the effect of making the OEM tail lights appear more bloated than they already are.
You're right, James. I'm holding out for now, but dang, rarely does an aftermarket product come out in Gen 1 fashion that hits the OEM look right out of the gate. Oracle did a fantastic job on these. I will probably cave soon, especially since I don't have the Safety Group sensors that the bulky parts of the taillights are for. I will say, the OEM lights are distinctive from the rear from all others out there, so that is part of the reason I've held off. Sigh...First World issues...

Last edited:

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
I waved goodbye as I board this flight to the land of fruits and nuts for a business trip.
Heading to California? (Sorry CA dudes and dudettes, you know we love you...)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
AEV claims that they did a crapload of testing and tweaking to make sure that it didn't negatively impact it, but I don't have a before / after perspective to verify that.
That's ok, they probobly opened up your hood vents to make them functional. Yes, I went there. ;)