Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Disclaimer: The following statement is sarcasm and should not be construed as a lie but as a joke.

My "source" at Stellantis recently contacted me and said they plan to make a hybrid-diesel Rubicon model with 38s and a 3.5" lift.
Why not? Just use a diesel-powered generator to supply the electricity needed for the motors.

Basically a refined production version of the hybrid Top Gear created many years back (with diesel instead of gas, and add a plug). Honestly, it makes a lot more sense to me than trying to get most of rural America on full EVs (or using hybrids that swap between ICE and EV modes).
Sponsored

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
Niche product?? Jeeps by default are a niche product. People have been screaming for diesels in the platform for years and years and now they finally have one, everyone is a critic. It is without a doubt the best engine and transmission combination to ever be placed in a wrangler.

Why would Stellantis revamp 75% of the ecodiesel to fit it into the wrangler and do all the R&D less than two years ago to only kill it immediately. Are you telling me that Stellanits didn't see the writing on the wall about EV, emission challenges, etc prior to launching the diesel? I'm sure its not going to be around for years to come but seems like a big waste of time and money to launch it for 2/3 years and then kill it. I realize it wouldn't be the first time in their history, but I would not assume because it is discontinued in the RAM that it will immediately be discontinued in the Wrangler. Again I will wait for an official statement from FCA before speculating.
Exactly. For any of the reasons given for deleting the ED as an engine option, deleting one of the other available options makes more sense.

Stellantis is quite pleased with sales of the 4Xe. The turbo 4 is an efficient and relatively powerful little package. The Eco leads all IC options in terms of fuel economy. Seems like if any engine options HAD to go, it would be the 3.6 and 392.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
And it's $8500 more than a diesel Rubicon but about what my MSRP was on my 22 that I got last February with the options that I wanted and I have advanced safety.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Maybe it's been asked in the last 6 pages but I wonder if they're restricting the diesel from the Rubicon, only.

Seems like if any engine options HAD to go, it would be the 3.6 and 392.
I get the feeling the 3.6 is the cash cow and will be around for a while, or at least until the end of the JL run. As much as I love the 392, That's going to be gone when they sunset Charger/ Challeneger 392. That's my guess. There will probably be some kind of final edition for that too.

Sponsored

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
By law parts must be supplied for 10yrs after production, after that it starts getting difficult. It took me about 3 months to find an “obsolete” ignition control module for my V10 PU in an out of state junkyard. Had I not the PU would have been junk. Computers and other vehicle specific parts for low production vehicles are not supplied by the aftermarket.🙁
Was this salvage yard in IL? My wife works for one that buys and sells the V10 trucks and vipers.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Was this salvage yard in IL? My wife works for one that buys and sells the V10 trucks and vipers.
Colorado, but I would appreciate contact info on the one your wife works for in case of another “obsolete” part that could make my PU a candidate for the junkyard again. Thanks 😊

MidwestJeeper

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge JLU Willys 2.0T
Occupation
Engineer
I for one would be sad to see the 3.0Diesel go away from the Wrangler.

I know CARB and EPA see it as a "dirty" thing, but F88k them. It has a fanbase I guess.
All the rule makers want to do is restrict our fun and have some myopic plan as early as tomorrow.

Diesel Jeepers, hope you hang on to your rigs and enjoy it forever!

Last edited:

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
I am personally very sad to see the 3.0D go away from the Wrangler.

Diesel Jeepers, hope you hang on to your rigs and enjoy it forever!
There is no evidence that the wrangler is discontinuing the diesel......Again FCA has not announced anything of the sort.

Grumps

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Reign JLURD
Ya' know... FCA could have leaked this just to see what the general views would be on them discontinuing the Eco-Diesel Wrangler.

Sponsored

MidwestJeeper

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge JLU Willys 2.0T
Occupation
Engineer
There is no evidence that the wrangler is discontinuing the diesel......Again FCA has not announced anything of the sort.
I hope it isn't being discontinued..
If fuel prices drop to 2018-20 levels in the next couple of years and Jeep has a diesel offering, i would consider trading in for one.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Ya' know... FCA could have leaked this just to see what the general views would be on them discontinuing the Eco-Diesel Wrangler.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
Because the world is not capable of supporting main stream electric yet, and won’t be for a very long time. While I will likely purchase an electric in the next couple of years, because it works for my situation, the majority of the population cannot. Apartment living is a thing all around the world. The electric grid and infrastructure is not in place to support parking lots full of batteries needing a charge.
True. californias governor told its citizens not to charge their cars....hmmm.

Grumps

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Reign JLURD